Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Los Boliches (absolutely dead)

Los Boliches (absolutely dead)

Old Jan 30th 2012, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Lospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Los Boliches (absolutely dead)

Hi All,
I have just been speaking to a mate who has just returned from Los Boliches (near Fuengirola), and he has cancelled his next trip in May, as he says its so quiet in the bars that there is no one to socialize with. This coupled with my favourite bar with very experienced (in Spain) publicans are trying to get out, and I am hearing of the return of soo many more of the old guard of ex pats, whom you would have thought would die there rather than ever return to Uk.

Is it that bad now, is the crisis deepening to that level?

regards
Al

out soon to see for myself!
Old Jan 30th 2012, 6:12 pm
around

w1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud of
Default Re: Los Boliches (absolutely dead)

Have to say when i was out at xmas n new yr . it was totally dead , its sad to see . The places i used to go are gone or just scrapping buy. The funny thing my flight out n back to glasgow always full . No one can eat all the time . witch we don't. Evening my german friends have gone too. also got told between torromlines n b4 marbella 45k houses have when back to the banks . Thats scary n sad. And people are trying to sell as well . And as for switching the coast lights of is just as bad. Everyone is scared whats going to happen next.you think the uk bad .It hits you when we come out to spain , n see how bad it is .
Old Jan 30th 2012, 6:22 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

What do you really expect, after all it is January.
Take a trip to Clacton; Brighton, or Blackpool and you will see the same.
The restaurants I use there are still going well, a lot you have to book to get in.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Lospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond repute

I take your point JDR, But January til May and October to Christmas were always busy times in Los Boliches

Many old timers would rent for 3 to 6 months and I have spent many many times there at these times when it was busy.

There seems to be a sad decline, and sadly we are losing some good people and places !

regards
Al
Old Jan 30th 2012, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by w1ldcat
Have to say when i was out at xmas n new yr . it was totally dead , its sad to see . The places i used to go are gone or just scrapping buy. The funny thing my flight out n back to glasgow always full . No one can eat all the time . witch we don't. Evening my german friends have gone too. also got told between torromlines n b4 marbella 45k houses have when back to the banks . Thats scary n sad. And people are trying to sell as well . And as for switching the coast lights of is just as bad. Everyone is scared whats going to happen next.you think the uk bad .It hits you when we come out to spain , n see how bad it is .
u r 2 rt
Old Jan 30th 2012, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

I go to Los Boliches every other week, normally on a Sunday. And normally to one of the restaurants near the square. Always pretty busy and sometimes can't get a seat at the restaurants

This Sunday we were at the other end, at the castle in Fuengirola and it was heaving with people

I dont know what it is like at night, but in the daytime it seems as busy as ever
Old Jan 30th 2012, 8:41 pm
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cricketman
I go to Los Boliches every other week, normally on a Sunday. And normally to one of the restaurants near the square. Always pretty busy and sometimes can't get a seat at the restaurants

This Sunday we were at the other end, at the castle in Fuengirola and it was heaving with people

I dont know what it is like at night, but in the daytime it seems as busy as ever
We went the other night and it was busy.