Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

Old Jun 9th 2007, 9:46 pm
Mortgage Wizard

Gill Stevens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

Thanks for your good wishes. Fortunately we will get a phone call from Securitas if someone has broken in so what we have done seems to be helping. At least we have a keyholder who can go out and secure the property.

Not so good for the people behind us who have been broken into twice, only when they are actually in the property. The people seem to be so desperate they will try when people are actually there sitting on the terrace. They climb up on the fence and then onto the electric box and then clamber up onto the rim of the terrace. We are taking carpet grippers with us to stick on the edge of the terrace. There has been stuff taken from gardens aswell.

It seems to go quiet in the winter and then as soon as people start coming out from April onwards it starts again. It is not just our urb, it is lots of them in the Torrevieja region and surrounding areas.

It seems to be only when there is someone in the property that it happens as they want passports, money, jewellery etc not videos tvs etc
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

omostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant future

sounds like security is quite a problem there.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:15 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

God it sounds really awful,I bet your not even sure you want to live there,like you said you dont have these proplems where you live here.
We have some freinds who have a holiday home in Torrevieja,they have never mentioned anything of this.
It makes me so I know burglary goes on everywhere but it seems even worse there.
Our previous neighbours were burgled a few years ago,they had their car stolen right in front of their noses,they had gone in their kitchen stole the keys and off they went,and my neighbour was in the lounge watching TV.This is a good area,but unfortunatly it happens everywhere,and on top of everything there seems to be thieving ratbags stealing dogs out of gardens and holding the owners to ransom,B*ST***S. If anyone stole my George Im sure if I caught them Id be up for GBH
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:32 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Congrats to anyone who is off soon or has made the move. I have been a bit lazy since coming home from Competa last week and haven't been on here much, although I must say it is due to work as well, work with computers dont always want to play with them when at home!.
Anyway I must say there are so many people on the move, and well done to jandy for keeping everyone informed of who is going where. i don't know how she does it, i bet you have an alarm set up on your computer that lets you know each time someone mentions moving to spain.
It is quite nice to be sitting here for a few mins winding down as I have been watching the Real madrid football match, while Barcelona were playing their penultimate match too. It was so nail biting, i don't think my nerves are going to make it through to the last match. I really want real madrid to take the title but all credit to barcelona and of course sevilla who are still not out of the running.Oooh what a night and the final of Joseph! good on ya lee!.

Anyway I hope all those who have moved or are in the process of have the best of luck and don't run into too many problems. I suppose the best way to face Spanish beaurocracy is to expect the worst and then anything less than that is a bonus!
Take care anyone.
Luv Eve
PS does anyone know what Andrew (onlineaminga) is up to, any news on his job and general life inSpain.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

skippernicky is on a distinguished road

(Got a provisional date of the 29th june for completion (S$%T that's 2 weeks tomorrow), So we reckon That the lad's and me will drive down Tues 18th July with the girls Flying down the day after. Cant believe after all the months of planning we only weeks away. Still got a mountain of things to sort out this end and we still haven't arranged any accomodation in the CDS!!! (What are the penalty's for camping in a Luton van??). If anyone knows of any accomodation for rent in Benalmadena for a couple of months??
1 x 1 bedroom and 1 x 2 bedroom, Also any good Gestors dowm there? (We have a couple of names, but a few more wont go amiss). P.S Anyone in the West Yorkshire area - Get down to Shaw Cross car boot sale this Sunday Theres a guy with his family selling some right bargains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 2:32 am
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

Originally Posted by skippernicky
(Got a provisional date of the 29th june for completion (S$%T that's 2 weeks tomorrow), So we reckon That the lad's and me will drive down Tues 18th July with the girls Flying down the day after. Cant believe after all the months of planning we only weeks away. Still got a mountain of things to sort out this end and we still haven't arranged any accomodation in the CDS!!! (What are the penalty's for camping in a Luton van??). If anyone knows of any accomodation for rent in Benalmadena for a couple of months??
1 x 1 bedroom and 1 x 2 bedroom, Also any good Gestors dowm there? (We have a couple of names, but a few more wont go amiss). P.S Anyone in the West Yorkshire area - Get down to Shaw Cross car boot sale this Sunday Theres a guy with his family selling some right bargains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great news Skippernicky! Will be thinking of you running around like a headless chicken for the next couple of weeks or so! It will be worth it in the long run though, and just as it has started raining again here! What perfect timing! Good luck!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:38 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=skippernicky;4916252 - Get down to Shaw Cross car boot sale this Sunday Theres a guy with his family selling some right bargains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Morning Skippernicky,hey things are moving on for you now,only two weeks to completion hey,have you thought about renting a villa for all of you instead of two appartments,look on Kyero.com they will have some rentals,Im sure there will be something.
I dont know about going to a car boot this weekend,it will be like a swimming pool the amount of rain we are having,its unbelievable.
Im sure you are very busy with all your packing,keep us up to scratch on how you are getting along.Good luck
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

pwblackbelt is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Nice one well done , organised and so quick as well .. Nerves are to be expected so ride it through i have a feeling your going to do well in your new venture .

keep the updates coming ..
Friday 22nd June 2007. We have booked our flights to Malaga (ONE WAY TICKETS) For Tuesday 26th June. I have bought a left hand drive car in Spain and will pick it up from Malaga when we land.
Well this is it. The house here is empty and we will be booking into a hotel soon near Newcastle airport.
I keep getting massive surges of butterflies in my stomach but I am really excited. We have a place to start our business so things are looking really rosy.The lorry took our stuff away on Monday so we are full speed ahead.
Only a few more days and we will be roasting in the glorious Costa Del Sol Sunshine.
Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

That's great only 4 days to go. Will be thinking of you as you settle into your new life.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Peter,
That's fantastic news all round; well done to you!
Wishing you every happiness in your new life, and success with your business. I'm sure you'll be a big hit.

Hope the journey goes well, and that you'll soon be able to give us an update on how it's all going.

Suerte y buen viaje!

Sam.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 6:35 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pwblackbelt
Friday 22nd June 2007. We have booked our flights to Malaga (ONE WAY TICKETS) For Tuesday 26th June. I have bought a left hand drive car in Spain and will pick it up from Malaga when we land.
Well this is it. The house here is empty and we will be booking into a hotel soon near Newcastle airport.
I keep getting massive surges of butterflies in my stomach but I am really excited. We have a place to start our business so things are looking really rosy.The lorry took our stuff away on Monday so we are full speed ahead.
Only a few more days and we will be roasting in the glorious Costa Del Sol Sunshine.
Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Wow, good luck to you, hope everything goes well and you enjoy your new life.
Luv and best wishes
Eve
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:37 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by pwblackbelt
Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Hi Peter,nice to hear from you again,not long to go hey,you will most certainly be getting better weather than we have had here of late,its been awful.
Sounds as if you have everything in hand,Im pleased for you and wish you again every success with the business in Spain,when you arrive in Spain,do us a favour and send some of that sun over here
I wish you the very best of luck,and don,t forget to keep us updated,when we arrive on the CDS we will have to look you up,I will give the kickboxing amiss though,my old knees would not stand it
Have a safe journey,take good care .........
Old Aug 25th 2007, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

turtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really nice

Hello All

Well we've made it !
Arrived here on Monday, complete with Molly the Cat, who, despite all our worries, has survived the flight.
More than happy with our rental property and the area - we had never seen it before, except for pictures off the Net. Closest we had been previously was Denia.

We are now officially Ex-Pats !
Old Aug 25th 2007, 9:33 am
Young at heart

Originally Posted by turtlez
Hello All

Well we've made it !
Arrived here on Monday, complete with Molly the Cat, who, despite all our worries, has survived the flight.
More than happy with our rental property and the area - we had never seen it before, except for pictures off the Net. Closest we had been previously was Denia.

CONGRATULATIONS pleased to hear that you have had a good journey and wish you every happiness in your new home, keep us posted ..............
Old Aug 25th 2007, 10:18 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turtlez
Hello All

Well we've made it !

Congratulations and Welcome

You'll be in the same area as MnM then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.