Reload this Page >

Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

Old Aug 9th 2011, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Happy camposoler is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

Originally Posted by tezrogers
Was considering purchasing a property on Camposol Urbanisation but after watching the programme recently I am not sure.
Has anyone got any advice on this please.
Have any of you been to Camposol, I don't think so. It's not near the sea, it is built in the middle of some stunning countryside, only a few house have problems, as stated in the programme, and the majority of the residents are happy with their lot. Quite frankly I would rather stick pins in my eyes than come and live back in a war zone, have you been watching the news, we have
Old Aug 9th 2011, 5:15 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

Camposol looked pretty grim from the pics I saw. Fortunately some of us have a choice between the paella pan and the fire
Old Aug 9th 2011, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Happy camposoler
Have any of you been to Camposol, I don't think so. It's not near the sea, it is built in the middle of some stunning countryside, only a few house have problems, as stated in the programme, and the majority of the residents are happy with their lot. Quite frankly I would rather stick pins in my eyes than come and live back in a war zone, have you been watching the news, we have
Please get a grip.
I don't care whether Camosol is the best place on earth, but London is not a war zone. I am sittting in my conservatorry in East London enjoying the sunshine.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

sithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnnyone
London is not a war zone.
What? You mean it isn't EXACTLY as it is being portrayed on the TV?

I don't believe it......
Old Aug 9th 2011, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sithering
What? You mean it isn't EXACTLY as it is being portrayed on the TV?

I don't believe it......
I made no comment about Camosol as a place yet you choose to desribe London as a war zone. Why?
Old Aug 9th 2011, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sithering
Hi Rosemary

My missus insisted on moving to a largely British ex-pat community, which is what Camposol is, although in 2006 there was a census in the Mazarron area which identified 79 different nationalities!

I spent a couple of years researching different places on the internet, and the name Camposol kept coming up as the best value. Eventually we came here for a week to see what it was like, and bought our home a month later!

I have attempted to list the facilities in a previous post on this thread, so won't repeat them. Basically the 'glass is half-full brigade' could reasonably describe this place as being like a replication of a whitewashed Spanish village, which is the impression I get as I approach. The 'half-empty' people can sod off, as far as I am concerned. I'm not interested in their opinion.

cheers
John
I hope the excellent facilities in Camposol include a branch of Specsavers - anyone who thinks it looks anything like a whitewashed Spanish village needs to get down there sharpish!
Old Aug 9th 2011, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

sithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nice

So let me get this straight- the current TV News portrayal of the UK as having descended into violence and chaos is wrong, but you are willing to accept the 'Homes From Hell' programme as gospel?

Would someone care to explain why some of you think it is reasonable to pass what you appear to regard as authoritative judgement on a place you've never actually seen? All I and a few others are attempting to do is to put our side of the story, as we consider that ITV have got it wrong. The clue is in the thread title.

@johnnyone : please re-read the posts, the line about London being a war zone was posted by someone else, not me.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

macki62000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lynn R
I hope the excellent facilities in Camposol include a branch of Specsavers - anyone who thinks it looks anything like a whitewashed Spanish village needs to get down there sharpish!
Well, here I am reading all of the above and pleased to see many of my neighbours and friends putting the story straight on the real Camposol. As a matter of interest in my small calle alone there are five different nationalities, including Spaniards who are helping us learn the local language and culture. They are one family of many Spanish families who have now chosen Camposol as their home. Says it all really. The houses are individual and mixed up large and small. It has no apartments, all houses. We have a fantastic community spirit. As they say, one man's meat is another man's poison. However I do think it is a bit off altogether to make a detrimental comment on somewhere you have never visited. There have been one or two problems but these are being addressed as mentioned by the new local ayuntamiento. My husband, my family and myself all love Camposol. We have had a house there for the past four years and see the whole area beginning to blossom. Come and see for yourself.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Really nice to see so many new members taking the trouble to join simply to tell us what a fabulous place Camposol is! Welcome aboard, look forward to all your future posts.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 11:34 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macki62000
Well, here I am reading all of the above and pleased to see many of my neighbours and friends putting the story straight on the real Camposol. As a matter of interest in my small calle alone there are five different nationalities, including Spaniards who are helping us learn the local language and culture. They are one family of many Spanish families who have now chosen Camposol as their home. Says it all really. The houses are individual and mixed up large and small. It has no apartments, all houses. We have a fantastic community spirit. As they say, one man's meat is another man's poison. However I do think it is a bit off altogether to make a detrimental comment on somewhere you have never visited. There have been one or two problems but these are being addressed as mentioned by the new local ayuntamiento. My husband, my family and myself all love Camposol. We have had a house there for the past four years and see the whole area beginning to blossom. Come and see for yourself.
As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham
Old Aug 9th 2011, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macki62000
You get first prize there for the understatement of the year!

You may well love it there and have a beautiful home, but others have not been so lucky, their experiences on Campasol have been as dire as yours has been good.
Yes the TV program highlighted the faults, one would expect that to be the case as it was what the program was made to do, no doubt in the hope of stopping others falling into that deadly trap.

I go along with the OP, by no stretch of the imagination can this urbanisation be compared to a Spanish village, that's a preposterous notion!
It's just a collection of houses packed as tightly together as the developer could get away with, they are packed together like sardines and anyone not believing that can take a look on Google Earth for conformation, they can also see on there the landscape and how the complex is far away from being finished.

Each to their own, but you couldn't pay me to live there!
Old Aug 10th 2011, 4:30 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see the programme about Camposol, but switched around a bit last night to get away from the UK riots. I found a programme on ITV which reported the Prior case again, another injustice over Spanish bank guarantees and how expat residents in Parcent managed to overturn their council's intention to replace a nearby hill with a housing developement, the residents losing half their gardens along the way and having to pay for the privilege.

Those things happened and need to be reported, to prevent future expats buying 'homes from hell'.

As for the touching gesture of a few residents of Camposol writing in as new members to defend their place in the sun; it's perfectly natural. We all do it about the places we live in.

I regularly defend my place which a lot of people describe as pretty awful, and I must admit that on many occasions I agree with them and my pen wobbles as I try and write the place up. If I told the truth I might be pursued by a lynch mob. I hope the good citizens of Camposol have no such fears.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by HBG
I didn't see the programme about Camposol, but switched around a bit last night to get away from the UK riots. I found a programme on ITV which reported the Prior case again, another injustice over Spanish bank guarantees and how expat residents in Parcent managed to overturn their council's intention to replace a nearby hill with a housing developement, the residents losing half their gardens along the way and having to pay for the privilege.

Those things happened and need to be reported, to prevent future expats buying 'homes from hell'.

As for the touching gesture of a few residents of Camposol writing in as new members to defend their place in the sun; it's perfectly natural. We all do it about the places we live in.

I regularly defend my place which a lot of people describe as pretty awful, and I must admit that on many occasions I agree with them and my pen wobbles as I try and write the place up. If I told the truth I might be pursued by a lynch mob. I hope the good citizens of Camposol have no such fears.
I saw that program and was particularly interested in the first couple, who bought a plot near Pego to put a log cabin on, which was sold to them by a Finnish woman. When it turned out that the land was 'agricultural' she told them the log cabin could be delivered to another plot near la Xara which also turned out to be 'non-residential', despite having a number of similar wooden houses on it. Of course by this time the Finnish woman had returned to Finland ...
Interesting that they had been scammed by another expat, when everybody tends to assume its only the Spanish legal system that can steal people's retirement hopes and dreams and get away with it.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 7:33 am
Just Joined

Surely no-one actually believes that ITV makes these kind of programmes in the interests of prospective purchasers? That's like saying the X Factor is a genuine talent show....not just a money-making exercise. This isn't public service broadcasting, it's a company trying to make money!

I and other posters are not so much concerned about defending where we live as telling the truth- something ITV did not do.

The structual problems the programme referred to are real, but to put it into perspective this has happened to about 0,5% of the total build. I agree it is still 0,5% too much, but the programme appeared to suggest it affected the whole development, which is ever so slightly inaccurate;0) There are a handful of owners with serious problems, and my heart goes out to them, but there are also a number of other developments in this region (built by different developers) that have serious issues for one reason or another.

I naturally understand that many people would not want to live in close proximity to their neighbours, in which case an urbanisation is totally unsuited to them. We chose our home carefully as my wife is disabled and has very poor mobility, so for us it was essential to go for a one-size-fits-all solution. We have friends here who live in small Spanish villages, some miles out in the Campo, and one or two on the local campsites. None of these would have been possible for us.

@megmet It is obvious from your stated location that you are one of those people who likes wide open spaces, so why do you feel the need to justify your opinion by deliberately referring to an aerial photograph which is at least four years old? It does you no credit at all.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noelrosie
Interesting that they had been scammed by another expat, when everybody tends to assume its only the Spanish legal system that can steal people's retirement hopes and dreams and get away with it.
Quite true, but all services seemed to be connected there, they lived there quite happily for 2 years, how come they were allowed to erect and connect up all the dwellings there if it was all illegal. Even though they admitted it wasn't "completely legal yet" I'm always a bit confused as to how people can simply erect chalets, build houses on land that hasn't planning permission. At best, someone in authority must have been turning a blind eye, you couldn't miss them, they were there for years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.