Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

"Go back to you're own country bloody foreigners"

"Go back to you're own country bloody foreigners"

Old Mar 5th 2007, 3:29 pm

glad 2 b back is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "Go back to you're own country bloody foreigners"

Originally Posted by mikelincs
well today my wife was walking down the street, and said to a couple of men at the post boxes at the next urbanisation, Buenos Dias and Hola. She heard them say how nice it was to hear an English person greeting them in Spanish. Her Spanish isn't brilliant, but at least both she and I do try to use it and talk to the neighbours, and our Spanish is improving all the time. I've only heard one nasty comment, and that wasn't to me, but was said by someone who had run into a car owned by english people, his car had come off worse, so i suspect he was feeling a bit gutted. He did say it was all the English people living here in the Costas that was causing the trouble, but the woman he was yelling at just said 'if it wasn't for us coming to live over here and as tourists, then most of you would be out of a job'. That shut him up.
I have to agree with you there are some lovely freindly Spanish people I've met plenty I had some really good friends and they do appreciate it when you speak the language. I for one would not be happy if someone who didnt speak english came into my workplace and when I didnt understand what they were saying just started shouting louder at me in their language. Some Brits have ruined it for the rest, but don't think that all Spaniards are really freindly people they may be all smiles to your face and very willing to stab you straight in the back. We are a meal ticket for a lot of them at the end of the day.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 3:35 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Originally Posted by glad 2 b back
Oh yes lots, at first I was younger lived on the coast my partner had lots of work but thought we would try the "real Spain" and the "real Spain" we got. Along with property problems, no work, bad schools, prejudices, poisened dog, stolen dog, no electricty, no running water, corrupt solicitors and estate agents etc basically everything else that goes on in "real Spain" anyway I shan't dwell as I'm much better off now i've just got the weight of the house we own that is sitting idle over there on my shoulders now.
How much do you want,for the house and which area is it in.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Douglas jack
How much do you want,for the house and which area is it in.
why do you want to buy it?
Old Mar 5th 2007, 3:40 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Bitter I don't think so and certainly not smary enjoy your sun while it lasts and your lemen tree woo hoo....we have so much more than a lemon tree to entertain our children with. Infact my child is due to star in a musical at easter with famous ppl, we went to London on sat to the Zoo and Camden town, ice skating the week B4 etc actually we are never stuck for something to do and can even see our families when we wish but hey you've got a lemon tree well done!
You do sound very upset,and its intresting the timing of your posts.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Bitter I don't think so and certainly not smary enjoy your sun while it lasts and your lemen tree woo hoo....we have so much more than a lemon tree to entertain our children with. Infact my child is due to star in a musical at easter with famous ppl, we went to London on sat to the Zoo and Camden town, ice skating the week B4 etc actually we are never stuck for something to do and can even see our families when we wish but hey you've got a lemon tree well done!
How materialistic you are ....oh my goodness...and how childish aswell...I can almost hear you saying "nah nah nah nah nah" like a child !!!!

I'm grinning...as it sooo wasn't supposed to be meant how you took it....WOW...I think you need to loosen up mate....I would not for one minute think having a lemon tree would make anyone jealous...just stating a fact...it is dark in the front room and so I was gunna join the kids...DOH....you are such a piece of work!

Goodness gracious woman...grow up !! I'm so glad your kids are a full and wonderful life....now go get one too - for all oursakes.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 3:43 pm
Banned

why do you want to buy it?
Possiblly,but I need to know the location.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute

As you have said there are two sides to a story, which area had you been in to suffer so badly, it would help to know so we can be aware, why didn't you go to the british consulate for support and advice?
I feel very bad that you have had such a bad experience. How old is your daughter? I have a daughter in spanish state school and I would like some more info from you on this so I can watch out for my child.
I think we all have to accept that we need different things out of life, we need to manage our expectations, if climbing a lemon tree floats your boat then that is fine, if going to london gets you going that should be fine too.
Just because it was bad for doesn't mean it will be bad for everyone. It would be a shame to come across as bitter when really all you want to do is give some consructive advice.
So come on, more details please and less sweeping statements.

with kind respect

mary x x
Old Mar 5th 2007, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Mrs eddie
How materialistic you are ....oh my goodness...and how childish aswell...I can almost hear you saying "nah nah nah nah nah" like a child !!!!

I'm grinning...as it sooo wasn't supposed to be meant how you took it....WOW...I think you need to loosen up mate....I would not for one minute think having a lemon tree would make anyone jealous...just stating a fact...it is dark in the front room and so I was gunna join the kids...DOH....you are such a piece of work!

Goodness gracious woman...grow up !! I'm so glad your kids are a full and wonderful life....now go get one too - for all oursakes.

Materialistic I don't think so, what is materialistic about giving your children a life. I'll take posts how they're written you said I'm bitter and you don't know me I've asked a question and posted a link to compare the differences in law and that makes me bitter...Its not me who is childish. Did you even bother to read the link?
Old Mar 5th 2007, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Douglas jack
Possiblly,but I need to know the location.
I'll PM you but havent you already got a place?
Old Mar 5th 2007, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by maryann
As you have said there are two sides to a story, which area had you been in to suffer so badly, it would help to know so we can be aware, why didn't you go to the british consulate for support and advice?
I feel very bad that you have had such a bad experience. How old is your daughter? I have a daughter in spanish state school and I would like some more info from you on this so I can watch out for my child.
I think we all have to accept that we need different things out of life, we need to manage our expectations, if climbing a lemon tree floats your boat then that is fine, if going to london gets you going that should be fine too.
Just because it was bad for doesn't mean it will be bad for everyone. It would be a shame to come across as bitter when really all you want to do is give some consructive advice.
So come on, more details please and less sweeping statements.

with kind respect

mary x x

Mary you seem really lovely thanks and make loads of sense, I lived in Andalucia (I'll pm you where) the reason I didnt contact the consulates was because I was worried about repercussions. Thanks again
Old Mar 5th 2007, 3:50 pm
Banned

I'll PM you but havent you already got a place?
Yes but property is my game.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of

Mary you seem really lovely thanks and make loads of sense, I lived in Andalucia (I'll pm you where) the reason I didnt contact the consulates was because I was worried about repercussions. Thanks again
wereabouts in andalucia, if you dont mind me asking? was it the rasicm that made it so bad or other stuff as well?
Old Mar 5th 2007, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Materialistic I don't think so, what is materialistic about giving your children a life. I'll take posts how they're written you said I'm bitter and you don't know me I've asked a question and posted a link to compare the differences in law and that makes me bitter...Its not me who is childish. Did you even bother to read the link?
Yes, I did read the link..like you said.....you take posts as you read them....so do I !!! Re-read your posts pleeeeeeease....then ask yourself why I and others are down on you.....

Unfortunately I did not read the posts about your daughter getting kicked in the head as I was writing a reply to you and got side-tracked...(dirty nappy actually ..and not mine ) And I am horrified, that is awful...hope you sought help and got help. Was she ok?

Anyway, to be you sounded materialistic...sorry if you are not. As I am not....

I came to Spain for a family life.....spending much more time with husband and the kids. Unlike back in the UK where we both worked all the time. We came to Spain to give our children us and a better life. At the mo that is working....fingers crossed it continues to do so.

I feel that you should be more constructive in your comments and consider how you are approaching subjects.

Goodness...I have been a member for a while now and this and the nasty comments to Miss Naughty have really upset me., as it's the ONLY time I have been cross.....

I would like to know both sides of stories, I am not niave...but I feel that you started off sarcastic...the first post on the thread...re Mitzyboy....

Anyway...enough said, gotta get the tea on!
Old Mar 5th 2007, 3:56 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Having visited the costa del sol a few times. My initial thoughts were "Oh my god the british have taken over this place". And now I want to move there myself.

I do wonder what the locals think of us, do they hate us or like us?

For me the Costa Del Sol is a stepping stone into real Spain. When I go im not going to know the language well and Im not going to have any friends, im going to be lost in a new world. At least having british people around will allow me to get speaking to some more experienced Ex Pats in my native tounge, get to know the areas and get to know some people.

I intend to goto spanish classes and learn spanish. Im already learning now from here and I know basic phrases, just trying to get my head round verbs. hablo, hablar, hable etc. How much is it, How are you? Hello, Goodbye, Thank you, and numbers are easy peasy and everyone should speak it.

If all goes well i then intend to integrate more with real spain by buying a house somewhere perhaps more rural or coastal but away from tourists and the mass of british and hopefully make spanish friends and have converastions completely in spanish.

Yes Im always going to be a foreigner and its not going to be easy, but from what people have said on here, the spanish people respect and reward those that do try. I intend to try my very best.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 3:59 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

I read you link, and i thought that it was a stupid waste of tax payers money.

My sister has two boys twins, who are very different, one is very popular the other is well picked on bullied at school. This is in the UK in middle England very PC and very middle class. Just a few weeks ago he was being bullied in the playgroud by a older boy two years older, who was hitting him and well calling him names Fat Pig Geek you know the sort of names I mean, he retaliated he didnt punch the boy or Kick him he just uttered the BAD word and called him "b.a.k bastard" and leave me alone the boy did no more than laughed in his face and then said got you !!!!!!!!!!!! You little fat bastard.......and ran to tell a teacher.
Well all UK schools have a race policy and my sister son was hauled infront of the head along with his parents...........he was given a written warning ........ What about the boy that started the incident ................. Nothing was done no parents hauled in no written warning ............... yet my sisters son was bullied by this young man both physically and verbally........... and he started it ..................So what is your view on that Glad to be back .......

My sisters sons are just normal 12 year olds.............and to be honest he was terrified of the consequences and is now scared to go to school...

Pc gone mad dont you think

One rule for One and another for another

Please tell me your views

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.