Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

"Go back to you're own country bloody foreigners"

"Go back to you're own country bloody foreigners"

Old Mar 5th 2007, 12:47 pm

glad 2 b back is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "Go back to you're own country bloody foreigners"

How many times have you heard these words uttered, shouted, or simple said? how many times have they been said to your kids? or how many times have you overheard them being said? in Spanish of course, or "your not in England now" "Extranjeros"

I've heard them loads , my daughter heard them on a daily basis even the second last day in Spain I heard a sercurity man at the airport scream them at a woman in her car. It seems to me that its considered normal, please be truthful.....I know mitzyboy won't have heard them as everyone is lovely where he is and wouldnt dare speak like that.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 12:51 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice
Default Re: "Go back to you're own country bloody foreigners"

Originally Posted by glad 2 b back
How many times have you heard these words uttered, shouted, or simple said? how many times have they been said to your kids? or how many times have you overheard them being said? in Spanish of course, or "your not in England now" "Extranjeros"

I've heard them loads , my daughter heard them on a daily basis even the second last day in Spain I heard a sercurity man at the airport scream them at a woman in her car. It seems to me that its considered normal, please be truthful.....I know mitzyboy won't have heard them as everyone is lovely where he is and wouldnt dare speak like that.
Naughty,naughty.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Douglas jack
Naughty,naughty.

whys that then? I do have a reason for my question which will be revealed once I get some honest replies.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute

never heard this said to me, i take as I find and i keep myself to myself, i dont expect to much and i am trying to intergrate.
So sorry if this is your experience. I am shocked. Perhaps in time I will hear it. But there are not many expats round near me so maybe the locals dont have a reason to feel like saying it.

love

mary x
Old Mar 5th 2007, 12:59 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

1st day i got my new mini 110cc motobike

i was riding it on some wasteland cauing no harm what so ever to anyone.

spanish cops pull up start going mad at me, and the woman was like "if you cant speak spanish f**k off to your own county u ******"

i was shocked and scared at the same time.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of

Glad 2 b back, i'm confused.
in your other post you said you'd been there 6 years. Why did it take you so long to return to england if you were unhappy the whole time and recieved the abuse you state?
Old Mar 5th 2007, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by cajam31
Glad 2 b back, i'm confused.
in your other post you said you'd been there 6 years. Why did it take you so long to return to england if you were unhappy the whole time and recieved the abuse you state?
whats there to be confused about? I don't understand have you never heard of giving it a go, trying to make things work? Where did I say I was unhappy the whole time? it just to me a long time to see Spain for what it is.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop
1st day i got my new mini 110cc motobike

i was riding it on some wasteland cauing no harm what so ever to anyone.

spanish cops pull up start going mad at me, and the woman was like "if you cant speak spanish f**k off to your own county u ******"

i was shocked and scared at the same time.

That sounds about right I'm suprised they didn't slap you about.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 1:09 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds about right I'm suprised they didn't slap you about.
well they tried to take my bike off me and put it in there car, but it wouldnt fit thank god
Old Mar 5th 2007, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by maryann
never heard this said to me, i take as I find and i keep myself to myself, i dont expect to much and i am trying to intergrate.
So sorry if this is your experience. I am shocked. Perhaps in time I will hear it. But there are not many expats round near me so maybe the locals dont have a reason to feel like saying it.

love

mary x

I was very similar to you tried to intergrate always tried to keep myself to myself and do everything right.
It was my daughter who got this abuse on a daily basis in school even the teachers refered to her as "the foreign child" as for me I just heard it ocasionaly, once was a bus driver who was very rude. I heard it being said many times to others or shouted behind their back unknown to them in Spanish. As for the "your not in England now" I heard that loads.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop
well they tried to take my bike off me and put it in there car, but it wouldnt fit thank god
I'm surprised they didnt call the grua, we had our car grued once and had to pay 60E just because we parked in one of those places where you give them a euro and we didnt realise they were illegal, funny thing was they left the other hundred cars and just took ours. Perhaps we were just unlucky or perhaps they had a tip off get the foreigners.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 1:14 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

All the time here in England.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Douglas jack
All the time here in England.
are you not in Spain? Yes it is said in England but there are penilties to be payed if caught unlike Spain where it is acceptable to be abusive to foreigners.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 1:18 pm

Like here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...foreign128.xml

would this happen in Spain?
Old Mar 5th 2007, 1:21 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Why does EVERYTHING have to be black or white, good or bad, heaven or hell?

I just don't understand it. There are good, bad and neutral situations in ALL countries of the world. I don't think there is ONE ideallic place anywhere in the world that has no bad or grey areas.

One of the reasons I married my husband was because he was proud to be English and very proud of his country and he took a great deal of pride showing the UK off to me. I thought (and still think) it's a beautiful country and it suprised me because in Greece, all the English people I met just kept slagging the UK off!

Anyway, I lived and worked in the UK and the only thing that I didn't like (and my husband agrees) is the weather and the cost of living which is quite high.

There are alot of things that aren't ideallic about Spain. Employment being one of the major issues. A lovely place to come and live if you are receiving a pension from the UK and have some extra savings, but for young families it is bloody difficult. The cost of living is lower than the UK, but so are the wages.

Regarding the "go back to you're own country bloody foreigners"....how often is this phrase used in the UK regarding immigrants? I think it is a phrase that is used worldwide.

So far, I have not had any such experience, however, I am not saying that it doesn't happen.

My point is that there are positive, negative and GREY areas in all countries. You have two choices, either deal with it or move on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.