Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

GB pound weakening

GB pound weakening

Old Dec 19th 2008, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GB pound weakening

Did I claim it was constructive? It is probably no less so than about 29.000 of your total number of posts if this one is anything to go by:

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
OK
Anyway, I was writing about you not to you!
Old Dec 19th 2008, 4:00 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
Fred, you've probably noticed that rugbymatt has to have the last word even if it proves him to be the total tosspot that he really is!
Did I claim it was constructive? It is probably no less so than about 29.000 of your total number of posts if this one is anything to go by:

Anyway, I was writing about you not to you!
Off Topic?
Old Dec 19th 2008, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

I wonder why pot, kettle and black come to mind?
Old Dec 19th 2008, 4:03 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder why pot, kettle and black come to mind?
Post 152?
Old Dec 19th 2008, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have to admit that your tremendous brain power and literary superiority has now lost me completely!

Anyway, the current exchange rate is 1,07 and if the ECB keeps to its promise to resist further interest rate cuts and the MCP make a further cut in January, as is likely, it will make 1,07 seem like the dizzy heights.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 8:33 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

I have to admit that your tremendous brain power and literary superiority has now lost me completely!

Anyway, the current exchange rate is 1,07 and if the ECB keeps to its promise to resist further interest rate cuts and the MCP make a further cut in January, as is likely, it will make 1,07 seem like the dizzy heights.
I was told today that the pound is already worth less than a euro

Last edited by Lionda; Dec 19th 2008 at 8:35 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think that is when changing cash at some exchange bureaux. The figure I quoted is the commercial mid-market rate.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 8:44 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

I think that is when changing cash at some exchange bureaux. The figure I quoted is the commercial mid-market rate.
OK, thanks for explaining
Old Dec 19th 2008, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
OK, thanks for explaining
yes Li, that`s the tourist rate..... for now
Old Dec 19th 2008, 11:16 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

up two years ago when i got pay in the uk for jobs , people all say here Stg , then i have pay to change it over , so i stop it , i live in the euro zone and any one ask me about payying me i tell them its Euros only the ECB aregoing to cut rates again late jan are start feb , waybanks are going still not helping any one out yet , think GBP/STG is going to get worst befor it get better , for the Europen that many make uk a holiday as it now cheap .... as in Exports the uk goods are now cheap and many save the Uk market . banks and motor industry have lot to Answer , banks wont leand and still making cars and sales are down by 60% bail outs , so what the Government not bailling the Gpb out are banks ?

Last edited by jurdyr; Dec 19th 2008 at 11:19 pm.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 11:30 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Chairman of Barclay's Bank has said this morning he expects the bad times to remain in the UK for 2 years or thereabouts.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

encodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Chairman of Barclay's Bank has said this morning he expects the bad times to remain in the UK for 2 years or thereabouts.
I think its the same in most countries. Some haven't quite got into recession but its coming for them too.
Wether you live in the UK,Spain, Russia etc.....there is a bit of doggy pooh coming your way. Just sit back and try to tough it out.:
Old Dec 20th 2008, 6:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by encodeme
I think its the same in most countries. Some haven't quite got into recession but its coming for them too.
Wether you live in the UK,Spain, Russia etc.....there is a bit of doggy pooh coming your way. Just sit back and try to tough it out.:
Strange isn't it last week when the pound got near to 1.10 to euro the press and news were all over it, since then been as low as 1.04 and not a peep from them?? I wonder if this great government have got something to do with that i.e. trying to hide the fact that they've bust the pound. No doubt if ever does rise they will claim al the credit.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

The collapse has been faster and bigger than in the Great Crash!
But we are better placed than other countries says Gordo.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 7:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
The collapse has been faster and bigger than in the Great Crash!
But we are better placed than other countries says Gordo.
Oh yes Gordo the saviour of the world you never used to see him smile but since the credit crunch he is seldom to be seen without his Cheesie grin. Probably secretly laughing at the pile he will leave for Cameron to sort out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.