Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

" Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

" Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:45 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: " Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Originally Posted by brisca
Hiya Chris!

Really sorry to hear that the latest viewing doesn't seem to have come to anything
I've been thinking about you loads (and sending you good karma) since I read that a viewing was on the cards.......looks like I'm going to have to try harder on the karma front!

Have only been "dipping" into the site over the past couple of days, but plan to get back to my "addicted" self after the weekend!

Am keeping everything crossed for you (but it does mean that typing takes longer!!)

Hugs from,
Sam xx
Thanks Sam, nice to see you back on the forum! ( I thought for one horrible minute that Mr Brisca had buried you in the back garden for not cleaning those windows!) Ha Ha! Take care, talk soon!
Chris XXX
Old Mar 29th 2007, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: " Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Originally Posted by chrisw
Thanks Sam, nice to see you back on the forum! ( I thought for one horrible minute that Mr Brisca had buried you in the back garden for not cleaning those windows!) Ha Ha! Take care, talk soon!
Chris XXX
Ha ha!
He might very well try it, once he sees I've been making favourable comments about Martha's very gorgeous son!!

Thanks so much for sticking up for me about the windows!
I excelled myself this morning, and actually cleaned them

Hope to be busy this weekend, as Mr brisca will be home on Friday!!
Will be back soon though.

You take care, and will look forward to catching up soon.
Sam xx
Old Mar 29th 2007, 12:35 am
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: " Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Originally Posted by brisca
Ha ha!
He might very well try it, once he sees I've been making favourable comments about Martha's very gorgeous son!!

Thanks so much for sticking up for me about the windows!
I excelled myself this morning, and actually cleaned them

Hope to be busy this weekend, as Mr brisca will be home on Friday!!
Will be back soon though.

You take care, and will look forward to catching up soon.
Sam xx
Lol! No probs Better make the most of it the forum while you can then! Well done on the windows, you're one up on me now! I am off Fri/Sat/Sun so expect that will be on my "to do" list as well, along with a bit of lawn repair (the usual reasons when you have a dog!) Take care Sam,
night night!
Chris XXX
Old Mar 29th 2007, 5:54 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about that Chris. Sometimes, just when you're ready to give up - something out of the blue happens. Don't get down. Keep on those Agent's backs. Or switch Agents! Or both!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:45 am
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Sorry to hear about that Chris. Sometimes, just when you're ready to give up - something out of the blue happens. Don't get down. Keep on those Agent's backs. Or switch Agents! Or both!
What the hell are you doing posting at 6:54 am
Old Mar 29th 2007, 12:21 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

I go to sleep counting the days til we move - and wake up doing the same.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:29 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

I go to sleep counting the days til we move - and wake up doing the same.
Thanks, DF, I certainly will keep on at the agents now! We have done EVERYTHING possible to sell our house, and now intend to hound them regularly! Phoned them in my lunch break today to ask if they had any potential viewings - NO, Have you sent any more brouchures out -NO oh we have sent some out! When, today? Ah, NO but we did have some people looking in the shop today. :curse: OH GOOD! I will call you again Saturday for an update. We will let you know.... I will call you Saturday for an update! Etc Etc.....! You know the drill!
I know what you mean about counting the days, then waking up and more of the same!
And what were you doing up so early this morning posting?
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:16 pm
ex-squaddie

Hiya Chris,

Bank holiday weekend coming up. Fingers crossed the weather will only be mild - too cold to sit outside picnicking but warm enough to be out and about viewing houses. You never know, you and all the others on this forum who are selling up may just get your good fortune, fingers crossed

I'm up at 0600hrs every morning for work. I don't leave the house 'til about 0700 so I manage a quick look on here to catch up with the previous night's activities I remember my Dad once telling me that he'd get up at the same time for a while after he retired as it was habit. He said the best part was in winter when he could sit in his front room early in the morning in his dressing gown with a mug of hot tea watching the people across the road scraping the snow and ice of their cars so they could drive to work and he knew he'd never have to do that again. I long for those days. I'm retiring early at 45 but I know I'll never be bored

We're doing our house to sell but in slow time as we won't be moving for another 2 years yet.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:24 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Hiya Chris,

Bank holiday weekend coming up. Fingers crossed the weather will only be mild - too cold to sit outside picnicking but warm enough to be out and about viewing houses. You never know, you and all the others on this forum who are selling up may just get your good fortune, fingers crossed

I'm up at 0600hrs every morning for work. I don't leave the house 'til about 0700 so I manage a quick look on here to catch up with the previous night's activities I remember my Dad once telling me that he'd get up at the same time for a while after he retired as it was habit. He said the best part was in winter when he could sit in his front room early in the morning in his dressing gown with a mug of hot tea watching the people across the road scraping the snow and ice of their cars so they could drive to work and he knew he'd never have to do that again. I long for those days. I'm retiring early at 45 but I know I'll never be bored

We're doing our house to sell but in slow time as we won't be moving for another 2 years yet.
Cheers DF, and fingers crossed for everyone else on the forum whose property is on the market! Sounds like your Dad had the right idea, getting up early to watch everyone else go off to work. Not a bad goal in life is it? I'm sure the next couple of years will pass quickly then you will be doing the same!
Chris XXX
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:35 pm
ex-squaddie

Hope so, but to be fair - I think you've been waiting longer than me to relocate so I'm sending you some karma in the hope that you get a buyer very soon
Old Mar 29th 2007, 11:11 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Hope so, but to be fair - I think you've been waiting longer than me to relocate so I'm sending you some karma in the hope that you get a buyer very soon
Ahhhh, Thanks DF !
Old Mar 30th 2007, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

helen17 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to say, the agent we used has been fab. We have had difficulties post purchase and she has been there every time to help sort them out, despite some not being her "bag" as it were. So not all agents are rubbish, some are good, but I suppose its luck? We have been lucky.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

helen17 is an unknown quantity at this point

P.S. to the above message, I sold our place on the internet in Spain and the house in england sold in 10 minutes and the flat in 2 weeks, so I suppose we were lucky. I did tell the agent for the flat that they had it for three weeks and if they hadnt sold it I would change agents at the end of the three weeks. They do work when you lay down the terms quite clearly - no one wants to lose a property in a competitive market.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 7:11 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helen17
P.S. to the above message, I sold our place on the internet in Spain and the house in england sold in 10 minutes and the flat in 2 weeks, so I suppose we were lucky. I did tell the agent for the flat that they had it for three weeks and if they hadnt sold it I would change agents at the end of the three weeks. They do work when you lay down the terms quite clearly - no one wants to lose a property in a competitive market.

Not down here they don't - they don't give a rats **** whether they pull in the viewers or not - oh and they don't like working Sundays Trying the new kids on the block now, they have promised they are better (Mmmm think I've heard that one before ) we'll see
Old Mar 30th 2007, 8:08 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Originally Posted by Lionda
Not down here they don't - they don't give a rats **** whether they pull in the viewers or not - oh and they don't like working Sundays Trying the new kids on the block now, they have promised they are better (Mmmm think I've heard that one before ) we'll see
:curse: None of the agents around here will budge on commission or Ts and Cs. It's 3 months signed up or nowt! Well, due for another chase up call again in the morning. Let us know how your new agents turn out like Lionda!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.