EARTHQUAKE!!!!

Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:44 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EARTHQUAKE!!!!

Originally Posted by derbyflan
I also heard..." I stayed calm due to the training I recieved in the Army years ago".

And NO. It wasn't me
Unbelievable
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by derbyflan
I also heard..." I stayed calm due to the training I recieved in the Army years ago".

And NO. It wasn't me
Brilliant!
I popped uotside to see if I could help any of the injured - I'm 1st Aid trained
Old Feb 28th 2008, 3:00 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

This has got to be the funniest earthquake post so far

Go to post 28

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=517469&page=2
Old Feb 28th 2008, 4:07 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Same Difference
This has got to be the funniest earthquake post so far

Go to post 28

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=517469&page=2
That was funny and some of the others on the thread also lol
Old Mar 1st 2008, 12:11 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Latest Up date; urgent appeal

A major earthquake measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale, hit in the early hours of Tuesday morning. Epicentre: Barnsley, England

News of the disaster was swiftly carried abroad by the towns 35000 racing pigeons, as victims were seen wandering around aimlessly muttering "******hell" and "choofinnorah".
The earthquake decimated the town causing £30 worth of damage. Several priceless collections of mementos from the Balearic Isles and the Spanish Costa's were damaged beyond repair. Three areas of historical burnt out cars were disturbed.

Many locals were woken well before their Giro arrived. Radio Barnsley reported that hundreds of residents were confused and bewildered, still trying to come to terms with the fact that something interesting had happened in Barnsley. One resident, 15 year old mother of three, Tracey Sharon Braithwaite, said, "It was such a shock my little Chardonnay Madonna came running into my bedroom crying. The twins, Tyler-Morgan and Megan-Storm slept through it all. I was still shaking when I was watching Trisha the next morning". Locals were determined not to be bowed as looting, muggings and car crime carried on as normal.

So far whilst the British Red Cross has managed to ship 4000 crates of Sunny Delight to the areas to relieve the suffering of stricken locals,rescue workers searching through the rubble have found large quantities of personal belongings including benefit books, jewelery from Elizabeth Duke at Argos and bone china from poundstretcher.

Can you help?

Please respond generously to our appeal for food and clothing for the victims of this disaster.

Clothing is needed most of all - especially:
Burberry or Fila baseball caps
Kappa tracksuit tops (his or hers)
Shell suits (female)
White sports socks
Rockfort boots or any other product sold at Primark

Culturally sensitive food parcels are harder to put together, but your efforts will make a difference. Microwave meals, tinned beans, ice cream and cans of Colt 45 or Special Brew are ideal. Please do not give anything that needs peeling.

Remember:
22p buys a biro for filling in compensation claims
£2 buys chips, crisps and a blue fizzy drink for a family of 9
£5 will pay for a packet of B & H and a lighter to calm a child's nerves.

Urgently required: Tinned whippet food. Bones for Jack Russells.

Please do not send tents for shelter. The sight of such posh housing will cause discontent in the surrounding South Yorkshire communities.

Regards,

Olivia Finch
Environmental Consultant

Last edited by Casa Santo Estevo; Mar 1st 2008 at 12:12 pm. Reason: Fonts all wrong
Old Mar 1st 2008, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Latest Up date; urgent appeal

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
...A major earthquake
Have a look at post 28 of this thread. It may look familiar.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 4:08 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
or even post 22.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 6:54 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

saw it but thought why not spread it around the country
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
or even post 22.
Sorry, I'm numerically dyslexic. I have been for 326 years now.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:18 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I'm numerically dyslexic. I have been for 326 years now.
That's OK, all you need to remember is.............................4-0.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
That's OK, all you need to remember is.............................4-0.
Yeah, great wasn't it? My brother's a hammer's fan and he wasn't answering his phone last night. The best fun against them since Zola went round Julian Dicks three times then scored.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:55 am
Straw Man.

Yeah, great wasn't it? My brother's a hammer's fan and he wasn't answering his phone last night. The best fun against them since Zola went round Julian Dicks three times then scored.
That's bizarre, my brother is a hammers fan as well, arm emblazoned with the shield and hammers, and strangely enough he didn't answer my calls all day yesterday.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

john1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Suzanne182
We've had GMTV outside the house all morning filming fallen chimneys etc and the roads all blocked off. I don't know which one was worse. Fame at last for sunny Gainsborough.

Because we move to Spain on Sunday I am sleeping on a blow up mattress, that was interesting while the house was shaking! My daughter fell out of bed and could hardly walk across the landing. It sounded like a car had driven into the house when the chimneys came down. The worst was the eerie silence in between the rumble and then car alarms going.

Think its definatly time to go
I have a house in Misterton and parents are in Bawtry. Shame i missed it being over here. Remember the last one a few years back as well.