EARTHQUAKE!!!!

Old Feb 27th 2008, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default EARTHQUAKE!!!!

I kid you all not! according to the USGS the epicentre was 30 miles from Hull where we live, a magnitude of 4.7 on the richter scale.

If this is what it was like 30 miles away I am glad I was not closer, it shook the whole house the bed moved across the floor, the noise it made was terrific, quite frightening! Not a lot of things would get me out of bed at 1 in the morning but am now so awake I ain't going back!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 12:55 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EARTHQUAKE!!!!

Felt it here in Aylesbury too.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/...us2008nyae.php
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

Patrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
I kid you all not! according to the USGS the epicentre was 30 miles from Hull where we live, a magnitude of 4.7 on the richter scale.

If this is what it was like 30 miles away I am glad I was not closer, it shook the whole house the bed moved across the floor, the noise it made was terrific, quite frightening! Not a lot of things would get me out of bed at 1 in the morning but am now so awake I ain't going back!
Yep. Felt it here in Leeds. It was strong enough to wake me up and go downstairs looking for burglars! I used to live in Japan and experienced quite a few there. This is the first time I have felt a tremour in the UK on the same scale.

Last edited by Patrick2976; Feb 27th 2008 at 1:13 am. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:13 am
Just Joined

Girl4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Felt it here too in North West....the windows shook and everything was moving..thought it was a bomb or something ...not going to bed yet lol
Old Feb 27th 2008, 2:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Girl4
Felt it here too in North West....the windows shook and everything was moving..thought it was a bomb or something ...not going to bed yet lol
I'm in Saudi Arabia - and I felt it too..........
Old Feb 27th 2008, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Now upgraded to a 5.2! Glad to say I managed a couple of hours sleep before work, even if they were troubled hours. Karen was rather worried about aftershocks, must say we had to sleep with the tv on low so she could get any new updates
Old Feb 27th 2008, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Felt it here in Norwich - had just turned the light off. I was quite apprehensive!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:34 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

epicentre was about 10 miles from where we used to live!!, but we didn't feel it at all They ahve been reporting on Sky news from the town nearest to us where we used to go shopping every week. Hope none of our friends were hurt or had their houses damagerd, not bothered if the house we used to live in fell down though, they would have deserved it...
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:36 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by derbyflan
And Coventry!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:38 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee

So the earth moved for you in bed last night
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:48 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

No reports of any fatalities. Wost injury appears to be a young lad in Barnsley whose ceiling fell-in on him resulting in a fractured pelvis.

Some reports being made by 'witnesses' up and down the country are however, quite ludicrous

"My house shook so violently that I thought we were under attack by Al Quaeda"

"The house shook like it was made of paper"

Liars phoning up Sky News searching for their 15 minutes of fame, making stuff up just to increase their chances of being interviewed by Eammon Holmes
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:13 am
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Just been looking at a popular general discussion board full of English and the whole board is littered with threads about the earthquake. Epicentre was market raisen which is like 20 miles from where I used to live.

But Im GUTTED I missed it!! Damnit! Why does exciting stuff have to happen when im gone. First the floods, now earthquakes..... hmm is it me or is this planet getting a bit more.. erm.. active ?

Ive been informed that the Costa Del Sol does sometimes get the odd tremmor like that as well. So maybe we can have our own earthquake parties at some point
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:31 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onlineamiga
Just been looking at a popular general discussion board full of English and the whole board is littered with threads about the earthquake. Epicentre was market raisen which is like 20 miles from where I used to live.

But Im GUTTED I missed it!! Damnit! Why does exciting stuff have to happen when im gone. First the floods, now earthquakes..... hmm is it me or is this planet getting a bit more.. erm.. active ?

Ive been informed that the Costa Del Sol does sometimes get the odd tremmor like that as well. So maybe we can have our own earthquake parties at some point

So in general we are all safe so long as we live somewhere near you
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:48 am
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
So in general we are all safe so long as we live somewhere near you
Yes because when i went back to the UK over Christmas, Estepona flooded
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onlineamiga
I'd be careful what you wish for. The 1755 Lisbon Earthquake registered 9 on The Richter Scale and sent a Tsunami crashing into the coast of Huelva and Cadiz killing thousands along with the 30,000 that died in Lisbon and the Algarve. The Tsunami has been likened in size to the one that devastated Banda Ache on Boxing Day 2004.

It is a long held belief that there is a major fault line in the Straits of Gibraltar that could have been the reason for the disappearance of Atlantis. The Spanish government have a contingency plan available for issuing a 30 minute warning to Andalusia should unnatural seismic activity be discovered in the region.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.