Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Currently in Benidorm - on a bit of a property search

Currently in Benidorm - on a bit of a property search

Old Nov 29th 2016, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

mark230678 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Currently in Benidorm - on a bit of a property search

No money down as yet. Its out in the sticks near to Onil.
Another trip out here next thursday after i do my 2 weeks of shifts back to back when i get home.
So we will see.

It seems that i hae turned the weather whilst i have been here though. My friend who lives in Malaga, says its only been the 2nd time its rained this year.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 11:10 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moses2013
Certainly seems to be the case. A work colleague was also looking and found Torrevieja to be a lot cheaper. Just had a look and Benidorm seems seriously overpriced. At the end of the day all you are getting are walls, a roof and a beach like anywhere else.
Well I think most will look for much more than that, such as a pleasant and reasonably peaceful location, though no doubt requirements vary quite a lot in that respect.

The further South you go from Benidorm, the more arid and desert like the countryside appears, the further North, the greener and prettier, though I'd draw the line at too far North where can be colder and wetter.

Personally I've found the Valencia area a good compromise.
I prefer an unspoilt non touristy rural area where it's not expensive, but within easy reach of the coast.
Too far inland is not a great idea as it is mostly higher ground and can be quite a bit colder in the Winter.
On the other hand if all you need is Sun Sand Sea Sangria and the other S then a touristy apt close to the beach might well fit the bill.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Well I think most will look for much more than that, such as a pleasant and reasonably peaceful location, though no doubt requirements vary quite a lot in that respect.

The further South you go from Benidorm, the more arid and desert like the countryside appears, the further North, the greener and prettier, though I'd draw the line at too far North where can be colder and wetter.

Personally I've found the Valencia area a good compromise.
I prefer an unspoilt non touristy rural area where it's not expensive, but within easy reach of the coast.
Too far inland is not a great idea as it is mostly higher ground and can be quite a bit colder in the Winter.
On the other hand if all you need is Sun Sand Sea Sangria and the other S then a touristy apt close to the beach might well fit the bill.
Both wouldn't be my choice but then again if people are just looking for a small place close to the beach, there's no need to pay current Benidorm asking prices with so many other options available. Apart from posh areas with luxury villas, prices are only going to drop again.

Anywhere along the mediterranean coast between Valencia and France will still have mild weather and it doesn't have to be wetter than further South. If you look at the area around Gibraltar it's wetter than Barcelona from November to March.
Old Dec 5th 2016, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Albir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond repute

Your not going to get much for your money buying in Benidorm and most of the buildings are old anyway. You are better off looking in Alfaz del pi and la nucia, cheaper nicer properties with the benefit of being 10 minutes from Benidorm in a car. Go to indoor market Benidorm to Apple properties and PMR SPAIN. They are English and will be able to assist you easier.
Old Dec 5th 2016, 6:24 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Albir_Tom
Your not going to get much for your money buying in Benidorm and most of the buildings are old anyway. You are better off looking in Alfaz del pi and la nucia, cheaper nicer properties with the benefit of being 10 minutes from Benidorm in a car. Go to indoor market Benidorm to Apple properties and PMR SPAIN. They are English and will be able to assist you easier.
Are you recommending them through personal experience of buying from them?

Rosemary