Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Currently in Benidorm - on a bit of a property search

Currently in Benidorm - on a bit of a property search

Old Nov 24th 2016, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

mark230678 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Currently in Benidorm - on a bit of a property search

As the title states, am currently in the area looking for property.
Unfrotunately my budget isn't particularly great.
The agents i have seen in the town cannot really help. Is anyone able to recommend anybody, i don't mind if it is out in the country a little as i appreciate my money may get something further afield.

Or if someone would like to take me under their wing and tell me the pros and cons whilst i am here i ould be all ears. I have a few days spare at present.
Old Nov 24th 2016, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Currently in Benidorm - on a bit of a property search

Originally Posted by mark230678
The agents i have seen in the town cannot really help. Is anyone able to recommend anybody, i don't mind if it is out in the country a little as i appreciate my money may get something further afield.

Or if someone would like to take me under their wing and tell me the pros and cons whilst i am here i ould be all ears. I have a few days spare at present.
I live in Benidorm. What are you looking for, buy or renting?

Great place, Benidorm!!
Old Nov 25th 2016, 6:44 am
Just Joined

Would be looking to buy.
Old Nov 25th 2016, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Would be looking to buy.
I can't actually recommend any agencies but there seems to be one on most streets.

Plenty of ads in the local freebies.

If I can help you with any specific questions about Benidorm let me know.

Steve
Old Nov 25th 2016, 7:18 am
Just Joined

ColinLangford is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in the throes of doing research prior to buying too - definitely better value south of Alicante! Depending what you're looking for I'd suggest that you consider the Torrevieja area.
Old Nov 25th 2016, 9:55 am
Just Joined

Where would I be able to find the local freebies?
Old Nov 25th 2016, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Where would I be able to find the local freebies?
You will find some in the indoor market and a few bars and often give aways in newspaper shops (ie Euro weekly, Round Town News etc. )

There is also the Costa Blanca news @ €2 in a lot of shops that sell papers.

All these have loads of adverts for estate agents and properties for sale.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 11:44 am
Just Joined

Are estate agents usually hard to deal with.
Have been communicting with one for a few weeks using google translate and email.
Emailed to say i was flying over and coming to see them.
Never got a reply. Drove over to find they were closed Mon - Fri afternoons, this was 11 am though.

As i dont speak Spanish yet, i know i should and i am trying. I do not want to phone them, and not be able to communicate.

Is this normal for agents, or am i just unlucky.

Anyone speak Spanish able to give them a call?

Mark
Old Nov 28th 2016, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Are estate agents usually hard to deal with.
Have been communicting with one for a few weeks using google translate and email.
Emailed to say i was flying over and coming to see them.
Never got a reply. Drove over to find they were closed Mon - Fri afternoons, this was 11 am though.

As i dont speak Spanish yet, i know i should and i am trying. I do not want to phone them, and not be able to communicate.

Is this normal for agents, or am i just unlucky.

Anyone speak Spanish able to give them a call?

Mark
Maybe you're a bit unlucky but as I've said previously there are loads of estate agents on every other street in Benidorm (if you are still looking in Benidorm) who are open up to 10pm and are very willing to help. You need to put in some legwork.

An interpreter will cost you between €10 & €25 per hour.

Steve
Old Nov 28th 2016, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

Cheers Steve.

I have been to every estate agent i can find.
My problem is budget, and i know pretty much i will be unable to get anything here in Benidorm.

The agents in question are an hour and a half away, so that is problem number one.
I am working closely with another, and he has generously offered to help contact, but even he can't get through.

Leg work put in, over the last 5 days i have walked 60 miles and driven over 1000kms.

Mark
Old Nov 28th 2016, 9:07 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I was based in the Benidorm area for a time while I searched the whole of the C.B.region for something I liked in a nice rural area at a reasonable price.

Absolutely nothing doing,
but I called in an Internet cafe one day and spotted some attractive properties just a little inland from Valencia in an unspoilt Non touristy area with prices which seemed too good to be true.

I stopped off there on my way back to the Uk, fell in love with the area at first sight and within a couple of days I'd paid a small deposit on one and was back on the road to the Uk.
That was twelve yrs ago and I've thanked my lucky stars ever since.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

When we were looking there was always a balance between what our budget was and the location. Invariably where we wanted was too expensive but we could easily afford somewhere that we didn't want. Also there was a great variance in what you got for your money.
We started on the internet, a site like Kyero, to get a big picture type of view. Then a couple of visits with a rental car and numerous kilometers to determine what the areas were like that we had narrowed down to. Then other visits traipsing round agents to see in more detail what was on offer.

In essence, if the place is fixed you want to go to then the budget has to move. If the budget is fixed then the specific place(s) have to move.
We ended up buying exactly what we wanted but in a place we'd never though of and we are more than happy with it. I don't know what the problem is with the agents being closed but every one we had dealings with were open when they said they would be.

Last edited by Mark604; Nov 29th 2016 at 6:32 am.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Managed to see the agent today, on my last day. Allelujah.....
They are shut Fridays and Mondays, and only open between 10 and 1.
Managed to find the property i was looking for on Google maps, so went and had a look myself as the agent was busy.

Alls well that ends well
Old Nov 29th 2016, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Managed to see the agent today, on my last day. Allelujah.....
They are shut Fridays and Mondays, and only open between 10 and 1.
Managed to find the property i was looking for on Google maps, so went and had a look myself as the agent was busy.

Alls well that ends well
So don't keep us in suspense............

Did you decide to buy it or not. Did you put money down on it?
Old Nov 29th 2016, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ColinLangford
I'm in the throes of doing research prior to buying too - definitely better value south of Alicante! Depending what you're looking for I'd suggest that you consider the Torrevieja area.

Certainly seems to be the case. A work colleague was also looking and found Torrevieja to be a lot cheaper. Just had a look and Benidorm seems seriously overpriced. At the end of the day all you are getting are walls, a roof and a beach like anywhere else.

Last edited by Moses2013; Nov 29th 2016 at 2:24 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.