Lephalale ?

Old Jun 13th 2013, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Leenic is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Lephalale ?

Hi my husband is going to be working in Lephalale and I'm thinking of joining him. Can anyone tell me anything about the place and life there please? Also we have 2 dogs that I would bring with us can anyone tell me if there are by- laws for dogs like Canada as here in England they run pretty free as long as they are controlled dogs . Also are all breeds welcome or are some barred ?

Thanks
Old Jun 14th 2013, 11:19 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lephalale ?

Originally Posted by Leenic
Hi my husband is going to be working in Lephalale and I'm thinking of joining him. Can anyone tell me anything about the place and life there please? Also we have 2 dogs that I would bring with us can anyone tell me if there are by- laws for dogs like Canada as here in England they run pretty free as long as they are controlled dogs . Also are all breeds welcome or are some barred ?

Thanks
I don't know anything about Lephalale, but I can tell you there are no restrictions to dog breeds as far as I know - in fact, the more dangerous the better!
Old Jun 16th 2013, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

kiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ededed
I don't know anything about Lephalale, but I can tell you there are no restrictions to dog breeds as far as I know - in fact, the more dangerous the better!
Old Jun 19th 2013, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Leenic. Lephalale used to be called Ellisras, and it's a small mining town in Limpopo Province, not far from the Botswana border. It's very rural and quite a long way from anywhere else!

I haven't been there for about 10 years, but give me some idea of what you particularly want to know and I'll try to help.
Old Jun 21st 2013, 9:09 am
Just Joined

janlyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Hi Leenic, my partner is also considering a job in Lephalale and we have a dog we want to take with us. We also live in England. I have many questions regarding living there generally and wonder if there is any social activities for partners to be involved in - even getting together for a coffee!!! I have tried researching the area and there are some items on utube but generally I think it would be a bit of an 'adventure' best shared with other people in the same position! I imagine that, like me, any information would be appreciated by you.
Old Jun 21st 2013, 9:26 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

As Martyn pointed out, it's name has changed (in the last 24 months or so). Probably best to check under the old name rather than the new one?

You can bring dogs over - bit of a hassle but not too bad. No quarantine - and if you keep jabs up to date you can take them home again - also without quarantine.

Good luck,

Ed
Old Jun 21st 2013, 9:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ededed
As Martyn pointed out, it's name has changed (in the last 24 months or so). Probably best to check under the old name rather than the new one?

You can bring dogs over - bit of a hassle but not too bad. No quarantine - and if you keep jabs up to date you can take them home again - also without quarantine.

Good luck,

Ed
Thanks for that Ed. Good to know there is no quarantine period. I will certainly search under Ellisras - nothing ventured........
Old Jun 21st 2013, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

MartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond repute

OK. I doesn't look as if anyone else reading this thread has been to Lephalale, so I'll try and post something about it over the weekend, but this is going back 10 years or so.

Ed is right about dogs, and there are no breed restrictions, as far as I know.
Old Jun 21st 2013, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by MartynK
OK. I doesn't look as if anyone else reading this thread has been to Lephalale, so I'll try and post something about it over the weekend, but this is going back 10 years or so.
I'd never even heard of it until this thread...I still don't know where it is.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 11:39 am
Just Joined

Thanks
Hi Leenic. Did you get any more information re Lephalale and dogs? We are also going there in the near future so would be interested to know. Thanks
Old Jul 9th 2013, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by janlyn
Hi Leenic. Did you get any more information re Lephalale and dogs? We are also going there in the near future so would be interested to know. Thanks
I promised to post something about Lephalale a couple of weeks ago, but I've been away and just haven't got round to it. My fault, and I apologise. Give me a day or two. I do have to emphasise that this is based on a few visits about 10 years ago though, so don't hold me to it!
Old Jul 11th 2013, 9:43 am
Just Joined

Wee toon girl is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband has been working in Lephalale for eight months and I've just come to join him with our children. We brought our dog with us and he's settled in well. We like to walk our dog but are the only ones who appear to do so. Most dogs just appear to have the freedom of their gardens but our dog was used to being walked three times a day in the UK so we are keen to continue this - although we do get strange looks when we take him out.

As for Lephalale itself there's not a lot goes on here, we've joined the local gym and tennis courts and also like to horse ride.

I'm assuming our husband will be coming to work at Medupi! Hope your move goes well and if you want to meet up to walk the dogs let me know.
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lephalale
Old Dec 4th 2013, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

man of man is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Lephalale ?

Hi I'm currently a resident in lephalale I've been here for a year so far its it was a village that has now grew into a town we also have mac donalds now and a few retail stores you can bring your 2dogs along clarify with the agencys of where you will be staying if its a house your safe if its a flat consult the body copporate