Reload this Page >

Relocation, relocation, relocation

Relocation, relocation, relocation

Old Oct 20th 2014, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

MissingWords is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relocation, relocation, relocation

Dober vecer!

I am currently planning my move to Ljubljana in January 2014 and I was hoping to ask you guys to share your collective knowledge and experiences in exchange for a couple of Laskos when I am settled in

I have been out a number of times before (mainly in winter, already mentally prepared for that one) and I am moving out partly as I already have a varied (mainly "indigenous") social group there; I think it should be an awesome base for exploring more of your side of Europe.

I am hoping to work on my currently-limited vocabulary (something that is always difficult when my friends immediately drop into fluent, fluid English that puts our school system to shame!) and get involved in some local work/play/volunteering (deleted as appropriate); I am self employed and will continue doing "English work" so no worries there

Any insight you would care to offer about life in Slovenia, from renting an apartment through to the best recipes to learn, would be much appreciated; I have found in prior experience that ex-pats see the world differently to locals.

Sorry for the long post - I am really excited about my approaching move! If anyone has a 1 / 2 bed place in Ljubljana they are hoping to rent out then please feel free to let me know as well

I look forward to bumping into some of you soon. I should be at the England game next month for some cultural reconnaissance....

Hvala lepa!