Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

please direct me to the right category to place my post!)

please direct me to the right category to place my post!)

Old Aug 29th 2014, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

Len4ik is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up please direct me to the right category to place my post!)

the question is actually about my mother sponsor's. As this will be second time when she coming in UK by Family Visitor visa I need to enclose supporting document from sponsor.

Last her visit as a sponsor we put my husband' mother (becouse I am full-time mother no working, my husband has a low income, only his mom are long day worker in a good income to be a sponsor).

was nop at first time, but now there is... My husband' mother has an expired passport, so to be a sponsor we must to send a copy of her passport. but it takes a crazy long time with all Renewal proccess( I therefore believe that expired documents, such a passport are invalid documents, am I right? What is the best way to act, let me know, please... confusing...(((

P.S. As I did noted before, I can found the right category to post my massege, can someone help, plese!!!! it's so important and I still get no advise(((

Regards)
Old Aug 29th 2014, 6:00 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: please direct me to the right category to place my post!)

Originally Posted by Len4ik
the question is actually about my mother sponsor's. As this will be second time when she coming in UK by Family Visitor visa I need to enclose supporting document from sponsor.

Last her visit as a sponsor we put my husband' mother (becouse I am full-time mother no working, my husband has a low income, only his mom are long day worker in a good income to be a sponsor).

was nop at first time, but now there is... My husband' mother has an expired passport, so to be a sponsor we must to send a copy of her passport. but it takes a crazy long time with all Renewal proccess( I therefore believe that expired documents, such a passport are invalid documents, am I right? What is the best way to act, let me know, please... confusing...(((

P.S. As I did noted before, I can found the right category to post my massege, can someone help, plese!!!! it's so important and I still get no advise(((

Regards)
Hello, in another thread, you say that your husband is Italian. Is his mother Italian, too? In which case, wouldn't her Italian Identity Card be sufficient? If not, then she should renew her Passport as soon as possible at the Italian Consulate in the UK. It will take time, but then Passport renewals take a long time in all countries. Up to 8 weeks for a French person in France, for example....
Post again in the Italy section where someone might be able to advise on renewing Italian Passports elsewhere in the EU.
Good luck!
Old Aug 29th 2014, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

hi, dmu)

yes, his mother is italian, and her italian ID is expired something like 10 years ago...

well, it could be nop with renewal, but in italian consulate they ask driving license to renew her expired passport, but her driving license has expired since March as well...((( don't get wrong that all doc are expired, its because she is a woman in age, working 2 shifts day and night so hard, so she did not even realise that all her doc are expired... plus she doesn't travel abroad so she didn't pay attention, unfortunately(

but what i am saying is that she's got problem with renewal, and to book appointment in italian consulate is about in December (the nearest!)...

so looks like i can't get my mother here( i was looking for solutions, must to be a way... do you mean that expired passport it's completely no chance?

thank for your time, dear)
Old Aug 29th 2014, 7:21 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

hi, dmu)

yes, his mother is italian, and her italian ID is expired something like 10 years ago...

well, it could be nop with renewal, but in italian consulate they ask driving license to renew her expired passport, but her driving license has expired since March as well...((( don't get wrong that all doc are expired, its because she is a woman in age, working 2 shifts day and night so hard, so she did not even realise that all her doc are expired... plus she doesn't travel abroad so she didn't pay attention, unfortunately(

but what i am saying is that she's got problem with renewal, and to book appointment in italian consulate is about in December (the nearest!)...

so looks like i can't get my mother here( i was looking for solutions, must to be a way... do you mean that expired passport it's completely no chance?

thank for your time, dear)
Hello and welcome. Who told you that the consulate asks for a driving licence? That is NOT true.

This what they ask for :

PASSAPORTO PER MAGGIORENNI:

Documentazione richiesta:

- un modulo di richiesta (in formato DOC o PDF );

The completed request form

- Il passaporto precedente o, se si tratta di primo passaporto, un documento d'identità italiano (carta di identità) o straniero (passaporto), munito di foto e firma. Se il passaporto è stato smarrito è necessario presentare denuncia presso le competenti Autorità britanniche e compilare il seguente formulario di denuncia (in formato DOC o PDF);

Previous passport. If a first time passport, bring an Italian carta D'Identità.

- Due fotografie identiche e recenti, formato tessera, a colori su sfondo bianco, in posizione frontale, a viso scoperto, con gli occhi aperti, evitando che la montatura degli occhiali copra i tratti salienti del viso (photograph guidelines).

Two identical and recent photos.

All info can be found at this updated website:
Old Aug 29th 2014, 7:34 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry - the link never came out:

Consolato Generale d'Italia in Londra
Old Aug 29th 2014, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

wow, your info is very useful. that is strage, cos she said it's a problem with renewal... anyway, i am more then thanksful to you!!!

my warmest regards)
Old Aug 29th 2014, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

just because it takes a long time with Renewal proccess I am looking for alternative way.

What do you think if i make the main sponsor my mother-in-law' husband (his income is much lawer then her, around 1000£/mnth), he's got all documents ok, and her I also include as an extra sponsor. Will then her passport matter?

thank you in advance)
Old Aug 30th 2014, 5:32 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

just because it takes a long time with Renewal proccess I am looking for alternative way.

What do you think if i make the main sponsor my mother-in-law' husband (his income is much lawer then her, around 1000£/mnth), he's got all documents ok, and her I also include as an extra sponsor. Will then her passport matter?

thank you in advance)
I've no idea what the income requirements are for sponsors, but your father-in-law's salary risks being insufficient.
Independently of the sponsor question, your mother-in-law seems to be in a precarious position, without any valid ID papers, and she should renew her expired Carta di Identità at least (no doubt cheaper than a Passporto) at the Italian Consulate ASAP.
Old Aug 30th 2014, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: please direct me to the right category to place my post!)

thank you, dmu!
cheers)
Old Oct 21st 2014, 6:41 am
Just Joined

emmacurlin31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi dmu

I think Lorna at Vicenza is right!