Baby Passport

Old Sep 15th 2010, 8:33 am
Just Joined

225 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Baby Passport

Hello all.
I understand we will have to apply for a passport for our expectant boy which we will have to post to Hong Kong. Has anyone actually done this in Singapore? From the website looks like we need form C2 also our original birth certificates? Surely they cant want the actual certificates?

I was going to ring up the help line in the UK but they charge 69p a minute plus VAT just to speak to someone and they will refuse to help unless you hand over a credit card number first. Its not the cost its the principle of the matter!
Old Sep 15th 2010, 9:18 am
Just Joined

225 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Baby Passport

Well replying to myself, the answer is yes you need form C2.
If the mother applies just need a her original birth certificate, if the father applies need his original birth certificate and the original marriage certificate.

Not sure how many people actually know the where a bouts of their original birth certificate....
Old Sep 16th 2010, 1:06 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baby Passport

Most people (if they have any sense) always have their birth certificates available. If lost, etc, the normal process is to order a new one from the relevant birth registry.

Your child should be able to have a British consular birth certificate, avoids problems proving citizenship later on:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Britis...h_Registration