What does medical entail?

Old May 10th 2011, 2:59 pm
Dale & Natt

phoenix25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What does medical entail?

What happens during the medical exam?

Last edited by phoenix25; May 10th 2011 at 3:56 pm.
Old May 10th 2011, 7:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick processing

Originally Posted by phoenix25
I'm confused by your thread title, what 'quick processing' are you referring to and is it relevant to your question? For the medical bit, a quick search of the forum will give you the answer - it's been asked many times before and lots of people have shared their experiences.

HTH.
Old May 10th 2011, 7:12 pm
Dale & Natt

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I'm confused by your thread title, what 'quick processing' are you referring to and is it relevant to your question? For the medical bit, a quick search of the forum will give you the answer - it's been asked many times before and lots of people have shared their experiences.

HTH.
Hi, thanks for the info- will do a search on that. Original title was for another question, that I have edited. Can't seem to find how to change it.
Old May 10th 2011, 7:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Original title was for another question, that I have edited. Can't seem to find how to change it.
You can't, but I can. Will do it now.......
Old May 11th 2011, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What does medical entail?

Just in case you can't find what you need in the search, and seeing as we had our medicals 2 days ago, I'll give you a quick run-down

You have to fill out a form detailing your medical history. Lots of questions, with space for you to put details if required. General consensus is be as honest as possible!
Doctor will ask about anything you've commented on, but is only concerned with major issues (I had put comments about 2 health issues, she wasn't concerned about either).
Then you get basically a once-over. Blood and urine test, eye test, eye, ear, throat check, reflexes, stomach exam, breast exam for women, height, weight, pulse, blood pressure, breathing/chest.
Lastly you get sent for a chest x-ray.

And that was it - for us anyway. I think there can be slight differences depending where you go, and depending on any medical issues that might need checked (ie. I have very mild asthma so she tested my peak flow).

Fingers crossed ours will be processed OK!
Old May 16th 2011, 12:46 pm
Dale & Natt

Originally Posted by izzi81
Just in case you can't find what you need in the search, and seeing as we had our medicals 2 days ago, I'll give you a quick run-down

You have to fill out a form detailing your medical history. Lots of questions, with space for you to put details if required. General consensus is be as honest as possible!
Doctor will ask about anything you've commented on, but is only concerned with major issues (I had put comments about 2 health issues, she wasn't concerned about either).
Then you get basically a once-over. Blood and urine test, eye test, eye, ear, throat check, reflexes, stomach exam, breast exam for women, height, weight, pulse, blood pressure, breathing/chest.
Lastly you get sent for a chest x-ray.

And that was it - for us anyway. I think there can be slight differences depending where you go, and depending on any medical issues that might need checked (ie. I have very mild asthma so she tested my peak flow).

Fingers crossed ours will be processed OK!
Thanks for that Izzi.

Contacted our nearest Doctor from the CIC list in Leeds, and they explained in detail what happens- roughly the same as your post. Cost not to bad either.

Goodluck with your meds.
Old May 16th 2011, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Hi - I documented our medicals experience on my blog, when we got back from it. You can read it here, hope you find it useful:

http://get2canada.wordpress.com/medicals-experience/

Wayne.
Old May 16th 2011, 4:08 pm
Dale & Natt

Originally Posted by Waggle
Hi - I documented our medicals experience on my blog, when we got back from it. You can read it here, hope you find it useful:

http://get2canada.wordpress.com/medicals-experience/

Wayne.
Thanks for that- your site is really useful! Great stuff