Entrepreneurs Visa

Old May 15th 2011, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

buzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nice
Default Entrepreneurs Visa

Has anyone gone down this route? What kind of timeline are we looking at. I own and manage a bar/cafe and would like to do similar type of business in Canada but I am 52 and wondering if I would be considered too old.
Old May 15th 2011, 9:27 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Entrepreneurs Visa

Hi

Originally Posted by buzzz
Has anyone gone down this route? What kind of timeline are we looking at. I own and manage a bar/cafe and would like to do similar type of business in Canada but I am 52 and wondering if I would be considered too old.
1. Processing time is presently 53 months at London. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...fed.asp#europe
2. You must meet the conditions: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...asp#conditions
3. The age might be a barrier, as you would be close to 60 when you would have to remove the conditions of your visa if qualified.
Old May 15th 2011, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

Lubs64 will become famous soon enough

Hi there,
It’s going to be 2 years since I applied for the Entrepreneur Visa.
Time line has gone up 53 months, from 36 / 42 months since I applied.
At 53 you are not too old but you loose points once you go over 50.
For more info go to:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...eurs/index.asp
Log on to the CIC website, go to Forms and Publications and look for the manual IMM 400E (08-2009). This manual will give you an overview of the process.
Old May 16th 2011, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

depending on where you are wanting to go, look at the different business stream options through the Provincial Nominee Programs, there might be shorter timelines for you out there.

I don't think age will be reason for denying.. but as said before, it might get you a few point deductions.
Old May 16th 2011, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

buzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nice

Thank you for the advice guys, I appreciate it. I think the only sensible option would be to investigate the PNP route as an entrepeneur. Should I approach the Canadian Immigration for advice?
Old May 16th 2011, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

I'd say take a read through the different PNP's or if you are sure which province it should be, such Province offers. Canadian Immigration doesn't advice on PNP as far as I know.
Look through the Programs and come back with specific questions if not clear, we might then be able to help from there. Or..contact the individual province, they should be helping you further as well.

..that would be my suggestion
Old May 16th 2011, 5:41 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by buzzz
Thank you for the advice guys, I appreciate it. I think the only sensible option would be to investigate the PNP route as an entrepeneur. Should I approach the Canadian Immigration for advice?
The access to all the PNP programs is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-who.asp