Medical Forms

Old Apr 5th 2010, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

BenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the rough
Default Medical Forms

Hi,

For FSW1 applicants on the list of 38, processed outside of Canada. Do they send us a:

IMM 1017 SCL (05-2004) E

or

IMM 1017 (05-1998)E EDE-EFE

I suspect it is this first not the second, can anyone confirm this one way or the other?

Thanks

Ben

Addendum:
----------

Ok,

IMM 1017 (05-1998)E ----------- title in DMP
IMM 1017 (05-1998) E (CD-ROM / INTERNET) ---------doc number

IMM 1017 (05-1998)E EDE-EFE -------- title in DMP
IMM 1017 SCL (05-2004) E --------doc number

Ok yes, I am being stupid - it is obviously the first pair as the second is for Spouse / Common Law.

Ok, next Q, I can only find the second set online, not the first?

Last edited by BenB2; Apr 5th 2010 at 12:10 pm.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

BenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Medical Forms

Originally Posted by BenB2
Hi,

For FSW1 applicants on the list of 38, processed outside of Canada. Do they send us a:

IMM 1017 SCL (05-2004) E

or

IMM 1017 (05-1998)E EDE-EFE

I suspect it is this first not the second, can anyone confirm this one way or the other?

Thanks

Ben

Addendum:
----------

Ok,

IMM 1017 (05-1998)E ----------- title in DMP
IMM 1017 (05-1998) E (CD-ROM / INTERNET) ---------doc number

IMM 1017 (05-1998)E EDE-EFE -------- title in DMP
IMM 1017 SCL (05-2004) E --------doc number

Ok yes, I am being stupid - it is obviously the first pair as the second is for Spouse / Common Law.

Ok, next Q, I can only find the second set online, not the first?
Ok, after some digging.... while it is possible to obtain a copy of the right version of IMM1017 for our purposes as FSW online from a third party (a DMP infact). The problem is that in OP15 it says:

"attach a photograph where indicated and apply the office wet seal to the border of the photograph;"

Does anyone know what this means? Is it like it sounds - an official CHC office Seal. If this is as it sounds, then even if you obtain the right version of 1017 and complete it yourself the photographs won't have the correct stamp on them - and presumably then maybe considered invalid when they arrive back at either the RMC for assessment or ultimately when the results and forms are sent to the CHC - running the risk of it being bounced out.

It is not possible to use the IMM 1017 EFC + Appendix C as this is only for Spousal / Sponsorship Family class and has a big warning on the top of Appendix C that the medical will be invalid for other classes. The SCL & EFC forms are the ones held by the DMP (family class forms) - neither the standard IMM 1017 E or the EDE / EFE form are held by the DMP.

So the big question is... Is the CHC "wet seal" affixing the photograph some form of official stamp?

If the answer to the above is Yes then it appears impossible for FSW to do medical prior to receiving the forms - as even if you obtain the forms you will be unable to use them without this Seal / run risk of subsequent rejection. If however, the "wet seal" is not some form of offical identifier - then all you need to add is the "visa office and number" - not sure if that is the file number / or the number of the visa office - DMP guide says it is normal for FOSS and IMS numbers to be blank at the stage the medical is issued.

Any thoughts on this seal? Could those that have received medical paper work share there experience on what the photographs looked like / whether they had some form of official stampy thing or were simply stuck to the form????

Many thanks.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenB2
Ok, after some digging.... while it is possible to obtain a copy of the right version of IMM1017 for our purposes as FSW online from a third party (a DMP infact). The problem is that in OP15 it says:

"attach a photograph where indicated and apply the office wet seal to the border of the photograph;"

Does anyone know what this means? Is it like it sounds - an official CHC office Seal. If this is as it sounds, then even if you obtain the right version of 1017 and complete it yourself the photographs won't have the correct stamp on them - and presumably then maybe considered invalid when they arrive back at either the RMC for assessment or ultimately when the results and forms are sent to the CHC - running the risk of it being bounced out.

It is not possible to use the IMM 1017 EFC + Appendix C as this is only for Spousal / Sponsorship Family class and has a big warning on the top of Appendix C that the medical will be invalid for other classes. The SCL & EFC forms are the ones held by the DMP (family class forms) - neither the standard IMM 1017 E or the EDE / EFE form are held by the DMP.

So the big question is... Is the CHC "wet seal" affixing the photograph some form of official stamp?

If the answer to the above is Yes then it appears impossible for FSW to do medical prior to receiving the forms - as even if you obtain the forms you will be unable to use them without this Seal / run risk of subsequent rejection. If however, the "wet seal" is not some form of offical identifier - then all you need to add is the "visa office and number" - not sure if that is the file number / or the number of the visa office - DMP guide says it is normal for FOSS and IMS numbers to be blank at the stage the medical is issued.

Any thoughts on this seal? Could those that have received medical paper work share there experience on what the photographs looked like / whether they had some form of official stampy thing or were simply stuck to the form????

Many thanks.
You cant get the medicals done until you get the request.
OP15 is a manual for the DMP not for us, so I wouldn't get too wound up about it. I think the seal is for their use.
I'm sure those who are at this stage will be able to confirm.
Good luck.
lns
Old Apr 6th 2010, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Northernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant future

I'm on the old system and my medical request arrived last week.......CHC have filled in IMM 1017 (05-1998)E apart from the bit the DMP ticks/stamps/signs, they've attached the photos I sent them with my docs and the photos have been stamped by them. I do nothing but take them with me to the DMP along with more photos, passport and fees (cheque or cash).
Hope this helps