Enclosures - FSW1 to Sydney

Old Apr 4th 2010, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Enclosures - FSW1 to Sydney

Ok, this is my final question (yeah, right!!) before we parcel up this application and then wait, wait, wait until we can courier it on the 24th April.

Do we need to enclose any supporting docs at this stage - the form indicates that we need to send:

1. Copy of passport biodata page (this is clear that they want this)

2. Written statement of proficiency in English and supporting docs - this for us is the written statement plus copy educational certs and example of work. The form indicates that they want this now - is that right?

Then we print the forms, add in any handwritten bits that can't be typed in (like "present", "N/A") then - BEFORE signing, we photcopy twice. Then if we get through pre-screening, we sign one of the photocopied applications and send to London with the rest of the supporting documents.

Have I got all this right?
Old Apr 4th 2010, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Enclosures - FSW1 to Sydney

Originally Posted by Kaye5
2. Written statement of proficiency in English and supporting docs - this for us is the written statement plus copy educational certs and example of work. The form indicates that they want this now - is that right?
I don't think you need to provide the written statement of proficiency in English at this stage - which form did you see this stipulated? We didn't provide them and it was OK. Same for copies of education certificates and anything to do with work except for what they were asking about in the Background Declaration "Personal History" table. All that goes with the 120 day document bundle, AFAIK..
Old Apr 4th 2010, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bucks_Family
I don't think you need to provide the written statement of proficiency in English at this stage - which form did you see this stipulated? We didn't provide them and it was OK. Same for copies of education certificates and anything to do with work except for what they were asking about in the Background Declaration "Personal History" table. All that goes with the 120 day document bundle, AFAIK..
I believe that proof of language proficiency is needed at this stage -(recent rule change)
Old Apr 4th 2010, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Would it be possible to send it to Sydney earlier, I read on another thread some
changes are due to be annouced to the Fsw visa requirements the week of 16/04
Just a thought

Ok, this is my final question (yeah, right!!) before we parcel up this application and then wait, wait, wait until we can courier it on the 24th April.

Do we need to enclose any supporting docs at this stage - the form indicates that we need to send:

Then we print the forms, add in any handwritten bits that can't be typed in (like "present", "N/A") then - BEFORE signing, we photcopy twice. Then if we get through pre-screening, we sign one of the photocopied applications and send to London with the rest of the supporting documents.

Last edited by joinerboy; Apr 4th 2010 at 4:02 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chanceUK
I believe that proof of language proficiency is needed at this stage -(recent rule change)
I did just check the Schedule 1 form and Document Checklist on the CIC website before I posted, and they are the same forms that we sent in at the start of the year. If the rules have changed, I don't see where it says about the language proficiency being sent to Sydney rather than London. It might be the case, I'm not saying you're wrong :-) But I've yet to see proof it's changed.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2010-03-10.asp

“The language requirements themselves have not changed,” said Minister Kenney. “But beginning April 10, 2010, prospective immigrants will be required to prove their English and French language abilities at the time they apply. This requirement supports our commitment to fast, fair and efficient application processing.”

I'm not sure exactly what they want sending to sydney, but there has been a recent policy change
Old Apr 4th 2010, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2010-03-10.asp

“The language requirements themselves have not changed,” said Minister Kenney. “But beginning April 10, 2010, prospective immigrants will be required to prove their English and French language abilities at the time they apply. This requirement supports our commitment to fast, fair and efficient application processing.”

I'm not sure exactly what they want sending to sydney, but there has been a recent policy change
So will a state dec for proof of english be enougth now?
Old Apr 4th 2010, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wookiee06
So will a state dec for proof of english be enougth now?
i think that will be all you ever need (unless you also want to claim points for french).

If I were you, i would stick the declaration in your package to sydney and also later to london with the rest of your documents. It is the people who do not have either english or french as a first language that they are worried about.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 5:22 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

i think that will be all you ever need (unless you also want to claim points for french).

If I were you, i would stick the declaration in your package to sydney and also later to london with the rest of your documents. It is the people who do not have either english or french as a first language that they are worried about.
1. Re-read the press release. You don't send proof of English/French with the initial application to Nova Scotia
2. The press release refers to the second stage of the application. CIC/CHC will no longer give second chances to prove language ability. If a person whose first language is neither French/English decides to send proof of their language ability in a written statement, CIC/CHC will make the decision on what was submitted. They will no longer give a "second chance" asking the applicant to submit an IELTS/TEF result. They will be scored on what they have written and if it is not sufficient, they may get anywhere from 0 to 16 for first language ability.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

according to that doc, it seems they want third party docs?
Old Apr 4th 2010, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

J0n35y will become famous soon enough

I read the guide as though you signed everything then photocopied it all. That makes more sense to me in that you are asked to inform London of any changes should you be referred to the next stage.

If Im wrong then I dont suppose it will matter all that much as it will be easy enough to reprint the back page for signing and to type up the background family stuff if we get put through to the next stage.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bucks_Family
It's Schedule 3 - Language "Have you taken an approved test to assess your proficiency in English or French?" Answer = No, so the next statement is: "Provide evidence of your proficiency in Canada's official languages". The Guide then tells you to make a written statement of language proficiency, citing education, work, social etc examples of how you are proficient in English, backed up by copies of educational certificates, work examples etc.

Now I have another questions.... Someone has mentioned a stat dec? I thought the written submission was just your own statement, doesn't have to be done in front of a solicitor or anything.

Regarding the signing/not signing, I read the instructions that if you get through pre-screening, you send your copy form to London (or wherever) with ORIGINAL signature - so I read that to mean they want the copies signing, rather than a copy with the signature already on, if you know what I mean.

No, unfortunately we can't apply earlier. One year of employment on 24th April.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

It's Schedule 3 - Language "Have you taken an approved test to assess your proficiency in English or French?" Answer = No, so the next statement is: "Provide evidence of your proficiency in Canada's official languages". The Guide then tells you to make a written statement of language proficiency, citing education, work, social etc examples of how you are proficient in English, backed up by copies of educational certificates, work examples etc.

I thought the written submission was just your own statement, doesn't have to be done in front of a solicitor or anything.

April.
Yep, Its just...I was born in an english speaking country...brought up in an english speakin family, educated in english etc etc. No need to have it signed or notaried (is that a word?) This is my understanding and only needs to be sent with full application to London, not initial app to Sydney.
All the best of luck...remember and put NA in all blanks esp other countries of residencies (if that is the case) The initial application is just an exercise in completeness...all the boxes filled in and your job is on the 'current list' etc.
lnsy
Old Apr 4th 2010, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

I see your point, quite valid too, but all I can say is we didn't include such a statement, or any education or work docs to Sydney, and we got our 120 day email with no problems.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe the form has changed?

All we are bothered about is that we don't make errors that will result in the application being returned from Sydney.

Would it harm to include it anyway? Surely they won't return the application for info included that they didn't want?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.