Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Old Feb 2nd 2010, 6:37 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Originally Posted by pemajoka
Hi matt
Strange how things happenI am looking on the same site and putting in "random" dates and am finding that for an application for a subclass 103 lodged about dec 09 then the site says there are about 15,370 in the queue before you giving a processing time of about 7 years. If you enter dates about the same time for a subclass 143 then it says about 140 and for a subclas 173 about 40. Considering the experiences of people on here I think the site is wrong in its calculations or are they using some fancy calculations to give the "wrong" impression. Does anyone know how tye numbers are calculated???
pete
The queue calculator would only be valid if your application has been approved up to grant stage and there are no visas left to grant. Neither of these applies, so I would not spend too much time playing with it if I were you!

Just seen that Matt has already responded anyway....

Last edited by sandch; Feb 2nd 2010 at 6:39 am.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sandch
Panel Doctors

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/over...-doctors.htm#e

The list of panel doctors has apparently changed.

See also this thread.

http://www.*************/forum/migrat...ortant-16.html
Beat me to it sandch, what madman thought this up?

Gollywobbler has a suggestion for people to email in a complaint.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Les Avalook

An attempt to deter applications, and/or to help people who have to apply to feel bitter about it and about Australian government processes before they even arrive?

Now we all know that's not true but it's the effect. Why do government departments around the world need to be wastelands when it comes to positive individual attributes? Perhaps it's an unwritten rule that you should not take your humanity into the building; pick it up again at 5pm as you leave.

Hard to believe that a real person initiated this. We'd love to know who!
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

durhamlad is on a distinguished road

So I will now have to travel to Manchester or Edinburgh in the UK.
To have the medical in OZ it looks as if you have to book through Medibank and I would have to travel from Cairns to Townsville (216 miles).
What are the charges for the medical as it looks like it is about $300 in OZ.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 8:43 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Les Avalook

We applied for a visa back in 1979, which incidentally was granted but we never validated it, and from what my tired old brain remembers we had to get Xrays done at our local hospital (for a price) and take them with us to the Australian High Commission in London, where we were all (4 of us) given a medical! So are we returning to those days?? That was a 200 mile round trip.

Cheers

Matt
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 9:21 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

OH was cleared today to fly back to UK, so its with much regret that we will be returning to the UK on 6th Feb to earn a few (lots) more $s, but we will be back for good within 18 months. Must say that this trip has prepared us for our future here!

As to the travel insurance who at first I thought were really good and on the ball, in the end they have done absolutely nothing to help. Endless phone calls from them with questions and instructions, but at no time would they commit as to whether they would pay for my return airfare to accompany OH, even after phoning them repeatedly. We had one free date change, but the latest one cost us dearly, especially as they then added a re-issue fee on top! So we are returning on same airline as we came on, though this time there is a 6 hour stop over for OH to stretch her legs!!
Anyway, we have completed what we set out to do, which was to firstly settle the daughter in Oz and to get our visas, validating them has been a bonus as it has given us longer before we need to return.

Matt
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
OH was cleared today to fly back to UK, so its with much regret that we will be returning to the UK on 6th Feb to earn a few (lots) more $s, but we will be back for good within 18 months. Must say that this trip has prepared us for our future here!

As to the travel insurance who at first I thought were really good and on the ball, in the end they have done absolutely nothing to help. Endless phone calls from them with questions and instructions, but at no time would they commit as to whether they would pay for my return airfare to accompany OH, even after phoning them repeatedly. We had one free date change, but the latest one cost us dearly, especially as they then added a re-issue fee on top! So we are returning on same airline as we came on, though this time there is a 6 hour stop over for OH to stretch her legs!!
Anyway, we have completed what we set out to do, which was to firstly settle the daughter in Oz and to get our visas, validating them has been a bonus as it has given us longer before we need to return.

Matt
Apart from the medical issues which you certainly could have done without, it sounds like a very successful time Matt. Plus you got to see a bit of NZ. I hope it was mainly relaxing, and also hope you can get back a bit sooner if that's what you want. We're very much in the same boat; we need to keep earning and also give the exchange rate time to improve, but we hope that we can make a start this year on permanent residence.

Good luck with the flight. I believe in stopovers now, regardless. Next time it'll be overnight in Singapore I think. Last time we had 6 hours and fitted in lots of walking and a swim, which was exhilarating and great preparation for the long sector.

Cheers

Steve
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

jmm100uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Panel Doctors

See also this thread.

Just looked at the 'new' list! I hope that this list of panel doctors is a work-in-progress and will be updated - what happens to those who live in the south of England and the West Country?!!! So glad that I got in whilst there was an appropriate doctor only 25 miles away!
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Panel Doctors

See also this thread.

Presumably this will also mean longer waiting times to get an appointment now as there are fewer panel doctors. As the meds are not asked for until grant of a CO this will no dount delay the visa process even more. We are lucky in that we live half an hour from Manchester, but it is a ridiculous situation for lots of people.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

rosalinka is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Just had a thought, you could sell it all and buy new at IKEA Steve recommends them

Matt
Brilliant idea!!!!
Thanks Matt for that
Really envied you your trip to NZ. reading about it brought back lots of warm memories.
Now I really am getting impatient where oh where are all the co's?
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Chris-Rob-PTK is an unknown quantity at this point

Panel Doctors

See also this thread.

hi everyone,Steve please could you update timelines .We had our meds today (2nd Feb) had to travel to Manchester.Also, we are heading for Queensland . One step nearer
cheers Chris & Rob
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

sue32 is an unknown quantity at this point

well folks, just had the phone call from our agents, got our pre-grant letter and have 28 days to pay final vac, omg am so excitedoh dear can feel the panic setting in now, hands shaking as am typing, will let you know how we get on as house sale fell through (again) 2 weeks ago, so panic is setting in - sue
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 2:15 pm

Please check www.gainwave.co.uk for an update on the timelines.

The reason I say this is I started wondering why things were not happening for some applicants who were expecting COs. A log-jam in my email was found to be the culprit.

I think it's all up to date now, but shout if not.

Durhamlad, yer no longer last.

Steve
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Please check www.gainwave.co.uk for an update on the timelines.

The reason I say this is I started wondering why things were not happening for some applicants who were expecting COs. A log-jam in my email was found to be the culprit.

I think it's all up to date now, but shout if not.

Durhamlad, yer no longer last.

Steve
Still a 15 month wait for COs

Thanks for your work Steve
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

phyllis71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sue32
well folks, just had the phone call from our agents, got our pre-grant letter and have 28 days to pay final vac, omg am so excitedoh dear can feel the panic setting in now, hands shaking as am typing, will let you know how we get on as house sale fell through (again) 2 weeks ago, so panic is setting in - sue
Hi good luck with the house sale. Congrats as you climb nearer to your dream. i am sure it will all be worth it. I have just sent of our application for the 143 visa, so hopefully wiill join you all on the journey to our new live,with our children and grandchildren. Phyllis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.