Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

GOA HAS BECOME A TOILET

GOA HAS BECOME A TOILET

Old May 13th 2008, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future
Default Re: GOA HAS BECOME A TOILET

Well done - that was awsome. I sat open mouthed reading it and still am. Every bit true and I am emailing it to everyone I know will be interested.
Old May 13th 2008, 7:42 pm
Banned

Saliwooo is an unknown quantity at this point

Has made headlines Goan voice ,congrats......
Old May 13th 2008, 8:15 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Babu I salute you Sir an excellent piece of literature and it has been published in the Goan voice: rofl: congratulations hats off to you
Old May 13th 2008, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Yes Babu,

You have hit the spot in a very courageous way, I think this has been a very BLACK DAY indeed for Goa (and not before time:curse

Today there has been Martin & Sue Smiths letter in the Nav times ,Bryan D'sousa in the Herald,Babu now in the Goan voice and Cruz's stance from the shack owners ALSO in the Goan voice !

A Big thanks must be given to the editor of the Goan voice for having the courage and wisdom to print Babus letter( and also the person who got the G.V to publish it )

With Babu's permission this MUST be sent to the leading tour companies,the foreign office, local MPs and any press/media organizations.

The "SAAGi" is truly on the move now

Well done & keep the MOMENTUM up !
Old May 14th 2008, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

I hope i didnt break any expat rules by sending babu1 article to goan voice? if i did i sincerely apolgize but i have sent several letters to Mr eddie fernandes with regard to the sitution here and have wanted his comments but no response, when i saw this letter i just had to bet him he wouldnt print it,, i won the bet
ps. GOA IS ON RED ALERT herald front page today prehaps the toilet is going to be flushed!!!!!!!
Old May 14th 2008, 8:56 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppetjay
I hope i didnt break any expat rules by sending babu1 article to goan voice?
I guess that depends on if Babu1 wanted it sent to them
Old May 14th 2008, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

blackheath is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kan-conned
Yes Babu, You have hit the spot in a very courageous way, I think this has been a very BLACK DAY indeed for Goa (and not before time:curse

Babu is spot on. I don't know why any decent person would visit that environmentally degraded place anymore. I used to visit Goa every other year. It was clean, friendly and peaceful. No longer so.

BTW: I understand that there aren't many Goans living in Goa. Apparently, they have been muscled out by the Indian money bags and vagrants. It is now neither a pleasant place nor a safe place to be in at any time of the day. Not surprised that most of the cultured Goans have migrated to the UK.

Goa isn't Goa anymore. It has indeed been converted into a toilet. Do not go there unless you do not have a toilet at home.
Old May 14th 2008, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by blackheath
Babu is spot on. I don't know why any decent person would visit that environmentally degraded place anymore. I used to visit Goa every other year. It was clean, friendly and peaceful. No longer so.

BTW: I understand that there aren't many Goans living in Goa. Apparently, they have been muscled out by the Indian money bags and vagrants. It is now neither a pleasant place nor a safe place to be in at any time of the day. Not surprised that most of the cultured Goans have migrated to the UK.

Goa isn't Goa anymore. It has indeed been converted into a toilet. Do not go there unless you do not have a toilet at home.
The way Goa is being pillaged, and advantage being taken of people who love Goa, one can only conclude that it really is non goans who are out destroying it for money. The future be damned as well as the reputation of the Goan character.
Old May 14th 2008, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

blackheath is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf
The way Goa is being pillaged, and advantage being taken of people who love Goa, one can only conclude that it really is non goans who are out destroying it for money. The future be damned as well as the reputation of the Goan character.
That appears to be an accurate assessment. The only way to protect ourselves and our hard earned funds is by Shunning Goa. We should not participate in this toilet-genesis and waste our funds at the same time.

Reproduced herewith is a posting from an individual who appears to be a Goan activist. It is quite a telling piece. This is what he writes:

http://www.parrikar.org/images/death...ongoadying.pdf

Touts, pimps, hawkers, squatters, professional beggars, petty criminals and other riffraff from the rest of India have coursed in to ply their wares. Migrant labour has swelled to uncalibrated levels to service the construction explosion and created pockets of slums, once inconceivable in Goa.

Already the writing on the wall is lamentably clear in Panjim, once an idyllic haven, now that Goa has been ‘discovered’ by the rest of the country. The ungainly sight of men urinating in public, uncommon until recently, is not unusual today.

Loiterers and squatters have put down roots and pitched their tents all over the city. Defecating and bathing on the waterline and on the sidewalks is par for the course especially during the peak season, with buses bringing in hordes from across the state borders.

Our beaches have been trashed and converted into outdoor bathrooms by Indian tourists, not particularly renowned for their civic comportment. Entire coastal areas have become redoubts for whites seeking cheap tropical accommodation and food. Ominously, the latest entrant to the party, the Russian mafia, has set shop here and is said to be operating with impunity, in cahoots with the local authorities.

The Goa we know and love is dying.

The following site has some beautiful images of Goa and some which depict the tragic fate which has fallen Goa since it was absorbed by India.

"The canoe as a metaphor for today's Goa: precariously poised in turbulent waters, crying out for help but abandoned by its caretakers, as the sharks close in. (Shot from the bluff at Dona Paula.)"

http://www.parrikar.org/images/death.../IMG_6578.html
Old May 15th 2008, 1:24 am
Banned

beatlenut is on a distinguished road

Just dont go to Goa anymore full stop, if after foreign tourists stop coming and there is no money about especially hard currency, pound, dollar etc, then if the goans do not do something then they have no one to blame but themselves, there are plenty of other places to go, so just go and give Goa a miss it may do Goa some good in the long run.
Old May 15th 2008, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by beatlenut
Just dont go to Goa anymore full stop, if after foreign tourists stop coming and there is no money about especially hard currency, pound, dollar etc, then if the goans do not do something then they have no one to blame but themselves, there are plenty of other places to go, so just go and give Goa a miss it may do Goa some good in the long run.
Why should anyone who has sacrificed, invested or committed to a healthy Goa for decades leave the bullies and bigots to have their way and profit to boot?
Old May 15th 2008, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Its started already people are not coming back, i have 2 good british friends who have had business here for the past 6 years, they are not returning next season, they are sick of the bureaucracy here, because they would never pay backhanders were always having visits from the police, even though every license was in order did everything by the book which is more than most goan establishments.
They havent made a pot of gold just tried to enjoy life in the sun whilst earning to live.
Another couple have a small bar/rest with 4 rooms attached have been asked by their landlord for "2lakh" a month rent, how greedy can you get, they are not living in the real world let alone in the goan one, hence they need to find new premises, laughable but sad thing is his goan married to an english lass, so their even doing the dirty on their own kind..
Old May 16th 2008, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Here is a 'tiny' link to Babu1's original post which you can pass to friends, stick on car bumpers etc.

http://tinyurl.com/6nzxj6

AndyD 8-)#
Old May 20th 2008, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

dj53 is on a distinguished road

Just spent my lunch hour reading this thread and like others found the post by Babu1 excellent.

It really was a good piece of writing. Well done.

Regards David
Old May 23rd 2008, 3:14 am
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by poppetjay
Its started already people are not coming back, i have 2 good british friends who have had business here for the past 6 years, they are not returning next season, they are sick of the bureaucracy here, because they would never pay backhanders were always having visits from the police, even though every license was in order did everything by the book which is more than most goan establishments.
They havent made a pot of gold just tried to enjoy life in the sun whilst earning to live.
Another couple have a small bar/rest with 4 rooms attached have been asked by their landlord for "2lakh" a month rent, how greedy can you get, they are not living in the real world let alone in the goan one, hence they need to find new premises, laughable but sad thing is his goan married to an english lass, so their even doing the dirty on their own kind..
Beware ladies - another scam.
http://www.goanvoice.org.uk. Preditors in Paradise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.