Rodeos

Old Jun 11th 2007, 5:12 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rodeos

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Where do you lot read that calf roping involves tying the testicles? What about female calves?

They tie their feet together, at least here in Texas where it's rodeo country!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calf_roping

I have very mixed feelings about the rodeo. On one hand it is a way to showcase skills that people on working ranches do use. On the other hand, it's dangerous to the participants and can be cruel to the animals.

I'd prefer a Cirque du Soleil approach, like other forms of trick roping, etc.
Well I never said about calf roping and tying testicles, were the same, if you look at both posts I made, if its me you were talking to. I was separating them, I don't like calf roping either.

The others were talking about other practices I was asking about it and the tightening of the ribcage, what is the practice, is it done etc.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 5:24 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Ah okay, gotcha.

The bull's testicles are not tied either, at least not according to any website I can find, unless the rodeo industry is somehow lying about this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bull_riding
http://www.intakeweekly.com/articles...-3974-154.html

The point made was that the natural male response to intense pain in the nuts is to buckle under, not buck!
Old Jun 11th 2007, 8:59 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
Well I never said about calf roping and tying testicles, were the same, if you look at both posts I made, if its me you were talking to. I was separating them, I don't like calf roping either.

The others were talking about other practices I was asking about it and the tightening of the ribcage, what is the practice, is it done etc.
Tying testicles is used to castrate them
Old Jun 11th 2007, 9:47 pm

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
Tying testicles is used to castrate them
So what is it that I see when I see some guys either riding a bull or horse, something is going on down there and there is a rope it seems coming from it?
Old Jun 11th 2007, 9:50 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

So what is it that I see when I see some guys either riding a bull or horse, something is going on down there and there is a rope it seems coming from it?
Tail?
Old Jun 11th 2007, 9:52 pm

Tail?
All right I fell for one thing on this thread..but I don't think I am quite that stupid
Old Jun 11th 2007, 9:54 pm
Not dead yet

All right I fell for one thing on this thread..but I don't think I am quite that stupid
Are you thinking about the rope they tie around the girth to give them something to grab?
Old Jun 11th 2007, 10:07 pm

Are you thinking about the rope they tie around the girth to give them something to grab?
well it seems to far behind them to grab onto?
http://www.all-creatures.org/anex/horse-rod-hb-07.html

Maybe it had never anything to do with testicles etc and the buckle just went past near that region. Just knew that somehow that strap or whatever there caused a lot of pain.

But in wiki (know its wiki) "Critics claim that the flank strap encircles or otherwise binds the testicles of the bull to make it mad and further enhance its bucking."

Old Jun 11th 2007, 10:13 pm
Not dead yet

Maybe it had never anything to do with testicles etc and the buckle just went past near that region. Just knew that somehow that strap or whatever there caused a lot of pain.

But in wiki (know its wiki) "Critics claim that the flank strap encircles or otherwise binds the testicles of the bull to make it mad and further enhance its bucking."

That'd get me jumping up and down
Old Jun 11th 2007, 10:21 pm

That'd get me jumping up and down
I'm not a male and I'm crossing my legs..can only imagine!
Old Jun 11th 2007, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Arizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond repute

Just dont eat any Mountain Oysters with rope burns on them lol
Old Jun 12th 2007, 5:39 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Oh! and I forgot to mention how hot the cowboys look ...
Old Jun 12th 2007, 1:55 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by anabella
Oh! and I forgot to mention how hot the cowboys look ...
So would you if you were trying to get a couple of thousand pounds of pure muscle corraled! LOL

I have a great friend out in Arizona who just loved to go to these rodeos when she first moved here - cowboys of course. Keeps wanting me to go out there and experience it
Old Jun 13th 2007, 12:28 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
So how many beers would it take for you to throw your $20 down?
American beer? It's a physical impossibility to drink enough American beer to make me throw down my $20!!!
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

My family went to one in Texas and took video.
The calf roping was hard to watch.

I would like to know as it seems cruel to me and I don't know if it is or not but the practice of tying rope around the bulls testicles etc just puts me off.
What exactly is the practice?
They do not tie up the animal's testicles. The flank strap is in front of the legs. Anti-rodeo groups spread that rumour.

http://rodeo.about.com/od/bullriding...ullbucking.htm