Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Message from a friend

Message from a friend

Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:18 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Arrow Message from a friend

On behalf of the poster who recently lost her husband in a drowning accident, I have been asked to post the following.

First of all I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone for their kind words of support at this difficult time. I know that I only know a handful of you personally, but I have come to know so many people through these forums, that I feel I can call you friends. It just goes to show how wonderful people can be at a time like this – this also can be said of the local Police, who have shown so much compassion for me and my boys. I have to say that they were absolutely brilliant with regards to the tragedy; I wasn’t actually in the country and only found out when I was stopping over at Singapore. The police cared for my boys and the friends that were out with them that afternoon until our friends could go to collect them.

The local community has also been fantastic, with neighbours dropping in with offers of help and sympathy; some of them I’ve only met once most of them only in passing when we go for bike rides or walks.

My children have been brilliant although at this time they are preferring to not talk to me about what happened. My eldest has spoken to his girlfriend about the incident and both of them have coped in a very mature manner for twelve year olds. My youngest is being his usually bright self although a lot less chatty than he usually is. They have returned to school today as I felt that some normality to their routine would help them and they both wanted to be with their friends. The head teacher and whole school have been brilliant and have gone out of their way to help in anyway they can.

I also have some family with me which is helping me a great deal; as you can imagine I have cried buckets of tears over our loss. I have also felt pretty angry with the whole situation and as much as I hate to admit I have also felt anger towards my husband for leaving us behind, although I know deep in my heart that anyone of us would have done exactly the same in that situation. It just goes to show you how precious life is and how much we all take for granted – we all do.

I’m unsure what the future holds for us, our dream was Australia and my husband loved this place so much; he loved the outdoor lifestyle, the barbies, the community spirit that thrives here and it also has to be said he loved the beer!

With love
Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Message from a friend

Thankyou for posting that.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:24 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ProofReader

On behalf of the poster who recently lost her husband in a drowning accident, I have been asked to post the following.
what a lovely letter from a wonderful lady....stay strong but dont forget to look after yourself.

All my love
H
Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

A very brave post and sending you support and hope for the future.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ProofReader

Your message brought tears to my eyes as I read it. Stay strong love, and take each and every day as it comes. Lean on those closeby and far away that love you.

But most important no matter how hectic life gets, take care of yourself and family.

All of you are in our thoughts and prayers.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 11:02 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Seriously impressed you could be so together to say all that, really.

Wherever you choose to spend your life, I'm fairly convinced you'll do it with incredible aplomb.
Thanks for posting.

x
Old Feb 6th 2007, 11:11 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Bless you all. x
Old Feb 6th 2007, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all

Well done for holding it all together so well. Warmest wishes to you all.

Mx
Old Feb 6th 2007, 11:40 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Behind every great man (as your husband obviously was)
is an equally great woman!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:11 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for posting this to let us all know how you and your family are getting on .It sounds as though you have a very special family.

Its very humbling to read your words.

Gillian (who arrived in Perth around the same time as you )
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

A very brave letter, which must have taken a lot of courage to write. You sound like a strong family, and I'm sure you will be able to get through this together.
Remember we're all out here if you need anything

And an extra thanks to PR for posting it
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou so much PR for posting that...

Stay strong honey - my thoughts are with you.

Cas x
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:45 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

our thoughts are with you - even though we are behind a computer screen we're still a community and can offer support if and when you need it.

Take care of yourself and take the time you need with your family, friends and boys.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

I admire the inner strength that you have to be able to post to let us know how you are doing. Take one day at a time sweet heart. When you are ready for a chat you know where i am.
Take care
Mandy
Old Feb 6th 2007, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

My heart goes out to you.

You are in my thoughts. God bless x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.