Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Positive info please

Positive info please

Old Mar 16th 2010, 3:58 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Positive info please

Hallo, We are young retirees who consider moving from France to Spain.
We always loved the area around Huelva and, after yet another visit in
February, we decided that area is definitly for us. We looked at Nuevo
Portill, El Rompido (2 villages we have loved for years), Isla Canela and
Costa Esuri and think CE will be perfect for us.
We now are wondering how many people actually live in CE ?
What is the atmosphere in CE ? (Spent some time in clubhouse and thought
it looked like one big family there)
We do realise it is still a bit of a building site there, but that can only get
better. We have lived in Africa (Tanzania) and know all about layed back
lifestyle, which is actually how we prefer to live.
Having spent a lot of time reading this forum, we do understand that things
are not perfect yet.
But... We would appreciate very much if we could find out as much as
possible POSITIVE information. Lifestyle, Social events, Golfinfo, and, like I
asked earlier, how many of you actually live there ?
Thank all of you for the information we already picked up on this forum,
and hope this thread will get loads of responses.
Annetje
Old Mar 16th 2010, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future
Default Re: Positive info please

Originally Posted by Annetje
are not perfect yet.
Annetje
Hi,

Don't actually live at CE,but have an appt there,and to say we love the place would be an understatement.

We are there as much as holidays and weekends allow,and have met some very nice people there from all walks of life,which makes each visit a new venture. Have made the golf club our local in Spain its always a good reception from the girls who run it as it is with the patrons in there.

Im a keen golfer and use the facilities each time am there,two great courses but once again somtimes its the company that make the occasion,although as you say its still a quiet development that makes it even better,like having your own little pardise,because one day it will be full and very busy and we will all wonder why we ever moaned about it being quiet!.

Life is what you make it,and am sure you will both get a great reception from those living at CE and all those that visit during the year,then you have Ayamonte the local town.once again excellent,very friendly and welcoming.

Whatever you decide have fun.

Ken.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 7:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Positive info please

are not perfect yet.
Annetje
We have been living here for just a year now and on a day such as today there can not be a better place it has been just a perfect day. It is Spain though and not everything happens as it should when it should it is our little bit paradise. We are old retirees and we think it is great and as I have posted elsewhere it is great but you must be quick if you want to see it as quiet because the pace is definitely picking up. It would be difficult to say how many live 100% because so many people visit very regularly for 1 week 2weeks or a month at a time. It tends to be only the Spanish, Portuguese and retirees from UK and Scandanavia who live here full time. Thats nice it gives a mixed community and not all are golf crazy but enough are to make the clubhouse a lively place and theres lots to do down in Ayamonte and Portugal.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Annetje, we first came to Ayamonte in 2004 and immediately felt at home. We bought a property which we completed on 2 years later and then for the next 2 years we used it as a holiday home coming out 5 or 6 times a year. In 2008 we moved out permanently and can't envisage ever living anywhere else. Even when we pop back to the UK to see family and friends we can't wait to get back home. We have a great social life with a lot of like minded friends and of course being able to play golf all year round is brilliant (so Mike tells me) There are plenty of lovely places to visit (we have just returned from a week in Lisbon) and you don't have to sit in traffic to get to any of them. We don't care that the development is not finished just being here is great. Regards Bryony and Mike (youngish (not quite reached 60) retirees)

Last edited by MikeCol; Mar 17th 2010 at 8:49 am.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:59 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Good Morning

We have a home on CE and have been visting the area since 2003 and were probably one of the very early buyers. The first stay in our house was in May 2006 and we try to get out there 3-4 times a year, I'm afraid that work commitments and finances do not permit us to go more often but we both love it. Yes the CE urbanisation still needs to be propery finished but we are delighted with our manzana, the house (despite recent leaks and the necessity for painting due to water/mould) and the area. It is beautiful, Ayamonte is fabulous ....and I STILL get lost!! To be able to have breakfast in Spain and lunch in Portugal and to travel for 5 mins and lose/gain an hour gives me a childish thrill everytime. The beaches are wonderful and is as just as pretty inland in both countries and we have seen only a very few parts. That is the other bonus, so many new areas yet to find and explore. We have met some lovely people and made good friends. Our family and friends love to go and we all hope to be doing so for many years. best of luck whatever you decide.

Mel and John
Old Mar 18th 2010, 11:46 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

If I were wanting information I wouldn't just want to know the positive. Better to have both and then make ones mind up. Strange
Old Mar 18th 2010, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Hello and welcome to the forum and our little corner of Spain. I do not live in Esuri but have many friends who do, and they all seem happy with their purchases. I am sure that the best option would be to spend some time here during the winter and summer if possible, to determine whether it is the long time best option for you.

The town is like any other, it has good sides and bad but for me the good easily outweighs the bad. And you will find that your social life can be hectic or quiet as you want.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 4:37 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Hello
Thank you all very much for all the positive info we received. It is wonderful to hear that everybody loves that area so much. Like I said at the beginning, we did visit a while ago and thought the atmosphere was very cheerful and everybody seemed to enjoy themselves. Our planning over the next few months is :
First sell the house in France (ow dear)
Rent a place, probably in CE, for a few months
Experience the area
Hopefully settle down there
Sounds easy on paper, but how it will work out we will see.

The reason I asked for the positive side, is because, I think, most of the
problems (negative ??) is already discussed on this forum, and I read those over and over again and think can see there are some unsolved issues there.
Then again, where in the world can one find a place without issues ???
The nice thing is that we really love the Huelva surroundings, find the people generally very charming and ... good golf around + the climate !!!

Looking forward to sell up here and hopefully meet all of you one day, again,
thank you all.

Good golf and see you soon
Annetje
Old Mar 18th 2010, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck on whatever you decide and try to keep us posted on your progress as I am sure there are many on here who have been through similar trials and tribulations and may be able to provide useful information.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 5:46 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Will surely try to keep you posted.
Thank you.
Bye bye
Annetje
Old Mar 19th 2010, 12:06 am
Banned

Ayamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jackytoo
If I were wanting information I wouldn't just want to know the positive. Better to have both and then make ones mind up. Strange
Quite clearly you did not read the original post, do you actually have any information about CE that might be of interest to the OP?
Old Mar 19th 2010, 9:54 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello
Thank you all very much for all the positive info we received. It is wonderful to hear that everybody loves that area so much. Like I said at the beginning, we did visit a while ago and thought the atmosphere was very cheerful and everybody seemed to enjoy themselves. Our planning over the next few months is :
First sell the house in France (ow dear)
Rent a place, probably in CE, for a few months
Experience the area
Hopefully settle down there
Sounds easy on paper, but how it will work out we will see.

The reason I asked for the positive side, is because, I think, most of the
problems (negative ??) is already discussed on this forum, and I read those over and over again and think can see there are some unsolved issues there.
Then again, where in the world can one find a place without issues ???
The nice thing is that we really love the Huelva surroundings, find the people generally very charming and ... good golf around + the climate !!!

Looking forward to sell up here and hopefully meet all of you one day, again,
thank you all.

Good golf and see you soon
Annetje
Dag Annetje !

Firstly depending on how long you have been reading the forum, you can disregard some of the negative feedback you have read. There was a time a few months ago that there were some people, some who don't even have property that took an immature and rude delight in 'slagging off CE'. Thankfully they have gone somewhere else in their sad little worlds.

There are numerous problems in CE that you have already read. Mainly around the crisis, the failure of the developer, their poor work standards and a badly run and suspect EUC. The right amount of money isn't flowing in to maintain the development to the right standards..... YET. There are huge debts to the communities and intercommunities that sometime in the future will come in. Work has started to push back on the EUC via residents associations. The recession is slowly turning - not in Spain (yet) - but other countries. Buyers are looking for bargains. The direction is up!

The development is nothing like we envisaged when we first came here, years ago, on a property hunt. There was no crisis and hopes and dreams for the development seemed fantastic. Commercial centres, hotels. schools, bus services, sports/health centres... hey perhaps even a marina! Yet nestled with an area of low tourism and natural beauty. By the time we got our keys, we were very upset. We had been through so many problems; delays of years (e.g a horrible experience with our lawyer, horrible developer service, broken dreams etc,) that we planned to come and furnish and quickly go, thinking we had made a huge mistake. Also to try and make some rental income... and worry about the problem 'later'

The very day we got the keys and were finally in control - it all changed. We stayed a month and had a blast!. Even though the place is terribly far away from the 'dream' we just have a fantastic time here.. we stay for 5/6 weeks several times a year, and don't want to leave. Ask me just 25 months ago if we were going to spend birthdays, anniversaries, New Years etc etc in CE and I would have laughed! We have also met some truly wonderful people there - and that's a high point for us. So even though CE is unfinished and has a LONG way to go - its already fantastic. Beaches, golf, 2 countries (the nearest resto - for the moment- is in Portugal!). There is no real industry around - just orange groves - ocean - natural parks - golf. Making the air fresh and clean. There is a lot to do. You don't need to be in CE itself to have a lot of fun. However, we think that Angela and Vanya who are part of the group that run the CE golf bar are the best barstaff we know - and we have had a many a good laugh in the bar there!

And it gets better all the time... as I said, we liked it from day one - and, yet, each time it gets better. There is a new bar/resto about to open that has a lot of promise, talk of another restaurant coming. Property is being sold again as developments get finished and the banks want to sell off their stock at amazing prices. However, to be fair, there may be a valid concern - will the peace and tranquility and options we love today remain as 2-3 thousand people eventually come in? In which case the chance to complete some of the projects (schools, commercial centres, hotels etc) increases considerably. But how may that affect our lifestyle? Good thing to consider and check out on your initial rental trip.

To answer your other question - I am guessing that the development is about half sold... and most of that are second-home owners.

I think it would be a good idea to spend some time here - it is easy to get a long term rent. Life is going to be different to the Var... which is a beautiful part of the world. We have visited the region, PACA and love it there. It's on our 'favourite travel list'. You have a LOT there - I'd say more than Huelva province. Les 'villages perchees'; Riveria and all their benefits; depending on where you are, Italy isn't far on the A8 ('bellisimo'!); the natural parks in the Alps are on the doorstep and beautiful; fantastic bus service for 1 euro; skiing within 2 hours - even in Italy. Even though its much more developed, you still have amazing natural parks. Sun, sand, mountains, sea, 'la gastronomie' etc.... cant fault the weather there at all, however, even the 'Mistral' (high winds) is similar in CE at times.

You will have a more laid back lifestyle in Ayamonte for sure. I'm not a golfer - but the golf in CE and within 30 minutes (and the variety/quality so I hear) is amazing! Also better sandy beaches that go on for miles, not hard to find a beach even in high season that isn't packed. Also the cost of living - totally different. The resto in Portugal I told you about above does a great lunch - with wine and coffee - all in for 7:50!! A litre of house wine is 5 Euros!!!. You can get a beer in most bars for around an Euro... in France you'd be lucky to pay less than 2:40. Many restos in both Spain/Portugal have lunch menus with wine for 10 euros and under. The Eastern and 'Spanish' Algarve are undeveloped, by comparison, so you don't get the mass tourism that can blight some parts of the Riveria and the 'Costas' on the med. And the traffic - UGH, (rarely a traffic jam, for miles around, around CE). When we can visit your area, we personally prefer (and love) the Cote East of Nice, in high season - all seasons in fact - .. and will rarely go west ....(sorry)

Finally, the crisis has hit Spain badly - and house prices have fallen. You can get some amazing deals. Your place in the Var will not have fallen anything like CE (if much at all) - and so you have a wonderful 'differential opportunity' to either release retirement cash - or buy something amazing... or a combination of the two. I'm sure of it.

And as I said - things have been fantastic before - even with the problems. And absolutely - things are getting better.

To close, some advice for what its worth:

If you decide to buy after trying it out - try and minimise frustration - you dont need it!!

1: Get a DECENT LAWYER!! Its not worth the upset and frustration you can get with a bad one. You will very quickly hear about the good/bad lawyers when you live here on rent and ask around. Their reputation precedes them! Pay more for a good one!! Believe me!

2. Make sure you have any pre-built property well surveyed - pay for an extensive survey. Build quality varies... and if you find problems you will not have much luck fixing them. That is a huge frustration. The developer is bust and the guarantees are hard, if not impossible, in reality to help. Insurance may reject a claim based on poor build quality.

3 If you buy a villa plot - I can introduce you to people that know a LOT about how to do it well.

4. Buy for the medium/long term. Apart from the great prices/deals you can get nowadays - this is not an investment to turn quickly for profit. Come here and enjoy it - you wont make a fast-buck! But the chance for a good longer term return is increased by buying now and cheaper... that's a positive for you!

Hope all this baloney helps - gave me a good chance to reconsider our purchase too... and even though for the moment the value is down - no regrets. In fact thankful - in the long run - that we went through with the purchase!

Good luck / Succes

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Mar 19th 2010 at 10:58 am.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Dag Annetje !

Firstly depending on how long you have been reading the forum, you can disregard some of the negative feedback you have read. There was a time a few months ago that there were some people, some who don't even have property that took an immature and rude delight in 'slagging off CE'. Thankfully they have gone somewhere else in their sad little worlds.

There are numerous problems in CE that you have already read. Mainly around the crisis, the failure of the developer, their poor work standards and a badly run and suspect EUC. The right amount of money isn't flowing in to maintain the development to the right standards..... YET. There are huge debts to the communities and intercommunities that sometime in the future will come in. Work has started to push back on the EUC via residents associations. The recession is slowly turning - not in Spain (yet) - but other countries. Buyers are looking for bargains. The direction is up!

The development is nothing like we envisaged when we first came here, years ago, on a property hunt. There was no crisis and hopes and dreams for the development seemed fantastic. Commercial centres, hotels. schools, bus services, sports/health centres... hey perhaps even a marina! Yet nestled with an area of low tourism and natural beauty. By the time we got our keys, we were very upset. We had been through so many problems; delays of years (e.g a horrible experience with our lawyer, horrible developer service, broken dreams etc,) that we planned to come and furnish and quickly go, thinking we had made a huge mistake. Also to try and make some rental income... and worry about the problem 'later'

The very day we got the keys and were finally in control - it all changed. We stayed a month and had a blast!. Even though the place is terribly far away from the 'dream' we just have a fantastic time here.. we stay for 5/6 weeks several times a year, and don't want to leave. Ask me just 25 months ago if we were going to spend birthdays, anniversaries, New Years etc etc in CE and I would have laughed! We have also met some truly wonderful people there - and that's a high point for us. So even though CE is unfinished and has a LONG way to go - its already fantastic. Beaches, golf, 2 countries (the nearest resto - for the moment- is in Portugal!). There is no real industry around - just orange groves - ocean - natural parks - golf. Making the air fresh and clean. There is a lot to do. You don't need to be in CE itself to have a lot of fun. However, we think that Angela and Vanya who are part of the group that run the CE golf bar are the best barstaff we know - and we have had a many a good laugh in the bar there!

And it gets better all the time... as I said, we liked it from day one - and, yet, each time it gets better. There is a new bar/resto about to open that has a lot of promise, talk of another restaurant coming. Property is being sold again as developments get finished and the banks want to sell off their stock at amazing prices. However, to be fair, there may be a valid concern - will the peace and tranquility and options we love today remain as 2-3 thousand people eventually come in? In which case the chance to complete some of the projects (schools, commercial centres, hotels etc) increases considerably. But how may that affect our lifestyle? Good thing to consider and check out on your initial rental trip.

To answer your other question - I am guessing that the development is about half sold... and most of that are second-home owners.

I think it would be a good idea to spend some time here - it is easy to get a long term rent. Life is going to be different to the Var... which is a beautiful part of the world. We have visited the region, PACA and love it there. It's on our 'favourite travel list'. You have a LOT there - I'd say more than Huelva province. Les 'villages perchees'; Riveria and all their benefits; depending on where you are, Italy isn't far on the A8 ('bellisimo'!); the natural parks in the Alps are on the doorstep and beautiful; fantastic bus service for 1 euro; skiing within 2 hours - even in Italy. Even though its much more developed, you still have amazing natural parks. Sun, sand, mountains, sea, 'la gastronomie' etc.... cant fault the weather there at all, however, even the 'Mistral' (high winds) is similar in CE at times.

You will have a more laid back lifestyle in Ayamonte for sure. I'm not a golfer - but the golf in CE and within 30 minutes (and the variety/quality so I hear) is amazing! Also better sandy beaches that go on for miles, not hard to find a beach even in high season that isn't packed. Also the cost of living - totally different. The resto in Portugal I told you about above does a great lunch - with wine and coffee - all in for 7:50!! A litre of house wine is 5 Euros!!!. You can get a beer in most bars for around an Euro... in France you'd be lucky to pay less than 2:40. Many restos in both Spain/Portugal have lunch menus with wine for 10 euros and under. The Eastern and 'Spanish' Algarve are undeveloped, by comparison, so you don't get the mass tourism that can blight some parts of the Riveria and the 'Costas' on the med. And the traffic - UGH, (rarely a traffic jam, for miles around, around CE). When we can visit your area, we personally prefer (and love) the Cote East of Nice, in high season - all seasons in fact - .. and will rarely go west ....(sorry)

Finally, the crisis has hit Spain badly - and house prices have fallen. You can get some amazing deals. Your place in the Var will not have fallen anything like CE (if much at all) - and so you have a wonderful 'differential opportunity' to either release retirement cash - or buy something amazing... or a combination of the two. I'm sure of it.

And as I said - things have been fantastic before - even with the problems. And absolutely - things are getting better.

To close, some advice for what its worth:

If you decide to buy after trying it out - try and minimise frustration - you dont need it!!

1: Get a DECENT LAWYER!! Its not worth the upset and frustration you can get with a bad one. You will very quickly hear about the good/bad lawyers when you live here on rent and ask around. Their reputation precedes them! Pay more for a good one!! Believe me!

2. Make sure you have any pre-built property well surveyed - pay for an extensive survey. Build quality varies... and if you find problems you will not have much luck fixing them. That is a huge frustration. The developer is bust and the guarantees are hard, if not impossible, in reality to help. Insurance may reject a claim based on poor build quality.

3 If you buy a villa plot - I can introduce you to people that know a LOT about how to do it well.

4. Buy for the medium/long term. Apart from the great prices/deals you can get nowadays - this is not an investment to turn quickly for profit. Come here and enjoy it - you wont make a fast-buck! But the chance for a good longer term return is increased by buying now and cheaper... that's a positive for you!

Hope all this baloney helps - gave me a good chance to reconsider our purchase too... and even though for the moment the value is down - no regrets. In fact thankful - in the long run - that we went through with the purchase!

Good luck / Succes

Jon
Congratulations Jon. It's the best post I've read a long time. You describe the best of Ayamonte and Costa Esuri: its environment, its people, its weather... After reading it I thought: it's true!, why am I not there?.

Annetje, I'm Spanish and know most of Spain and many countries in Europe and America. In my opinion, Ayamonte has a special charm. The lifestyle is great. The weather (except this winter) is spectacular. The people are nice, loving and kind. The CE environment is amazing. It´s a paradise.

I'm sure that if you spend a little time in CE, you will not want to live anywhere else.

Last edited by spanish_lawyer; Mar 19th 2010 at 11:33 am.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 5:47 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Yet another gloomy, cold (12 degree.) miserable, looking like English weather, day in the South of France !!!
How we wish we were in Spain by now. It might even be raining there as well, but it must be at least 5 - 6 degrees warmer than here ! Dont think we ever had the heating on during daytime in march !
Anyway, it was lovely to read, yet some more, positives about CE. Especially Jon who must have spent most of an afternoon writing about his experiences. Thank you very much for that !
I do hope there are other readers who had discovered CE and weren't quite sure about it all and now feel a little better reading all this encouraging info.
Mabe we have to be a bit careful not making it sound to much like roses. Firstly many many more potential buyers will suddenly pop out of the woods (sorry about that) and secondly there are not only roses in CE, if one believes even half of what is said on the forum.
Think our eyes are wide open though, and we surely will ask and accept any help we can find when we finally arrive.
By the way : anybody knows of someone wanting to move to a little village in the Var, 25 minutes from the coast, 5 minutes to golf course ? Better ask since one never knows ...
Thanks again Jon and SL, you 2 make it sound better and better