Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

DECISION MADE BEFORE MED'S, GOT THE WORST NEWS OF MY LIFE!!!

DECISION MADE BEFORE MED'S, GOT THE WORST NEWS OF MY LIFE!!!

Old May 15th 2012, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future
Default Re: DECISION MADE BEFORE MED'S, GOT THE WORST NEWS OF MY LIFE!!!

This is like mental torture right now!!!

It's been over 7 days so far since getting e-cas message and 2 other people have had refusal letter's in the mean while ( for whom I feel sorry ), I have again contacted my agent and he's not received any letter????

Obviously don't want bad news but would like to have this letter they have mentioned in e-cas message...................

Anyone else who has the dreaded message please let us know what happens either way..............
Old May 15th 2012, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bal uk
This is like mental torture right now!!!

It's been over 7 days so far since getting e-cas message and 2 other people have had refusal letter's in the mean while ( for whom I feel sorry ), I have again contacted my agent and he's not received any letter????

Obviously don't want bad news but would like to have this letter they have mentioned in e-cas message...................

Anyone else who has the dreaded message please let us know what happens either way..............
Really feel for you right now. Hope you hear soon. It does seem like a while. My ECAS update was dated May 2 and received the 6-12 month letter on May 8 so just 6 days later. Fingers crossed for you.
Old May 15th 2012, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kat-b
Really feel for you right now. Hope you hear soon. It does seem like a while. My ECAS update was dated May 2 and received the 6-12 month letter on May 8 so just 6 days later. Fingers crossed for you.
Did your e-cas message actually say 'decision made' or just review/processing etc

Just don't know the logic or reasons why this is happening
Old May 15th 2012, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bal uk
Did your e-cas message actually say 'decision made' or just review/processing etc

Just don't know the logic or reasons why this is happening
Hi

Well my ECAS apparently doesn't look like everyone else's as I have two separate links - Decsion made and In Process. The decision made link has been there since I have had access to ecas (i couldn't access it for ages as was putting UK in instead of Scotland!) All the recent updates have been added to the 'In Process' link. The most recent one is 'We started processing on 2 May 2012. I have highlighted the exact way my ECAS looks in blue font on this page. (Second post from me on the page).

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=757476&page=3

Last edited by kat-b; May 15th 2012 at 9:41 pm.
Old May 15th 2012, 9:54 pm
Rockies bound hopefully

gandalff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kat-b

I am sure if they were weeding out I would go. I applied under 0631 - not my main job just a part time job while I was studying. Then again why tell me to wait 6-12 months?? Maybe they just haven't even had a chance to look at it yet.

I wish we knew what was happening ........everyones ECAS seems so different and I don't get what that 6-12 month letter means!

Hi Katb,
there is one way to find out if they have actually looked at you application and accepted your job description and points and that is to get your CAIPS notes. One of the fields in that document is called PSDEC (paper screening decision) and I think if that is set to 1 then your file has been looked at and passed the paper screening check.

BalUk - I have heard nothing yet.

Hugh

Hugh
Old May 15th 2012, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

If you get refused unfairly by CIO, you can still try faxing them. I got my refusal turned around by CIO when I did that, since I was able to show clearly it was their mistake. ("Although you have indicated that you have Arranged Employment, there is insufficient evidence on file that your employment offer is supported by a Human Resources Development Canada (HRSDC)/Service Canada confirmation letter." when I included a photocopy of my work permit)

Might be worth a shot if anyone is effected by the "NOC doesn't match job duties" stuff, crossreferencing your job duties with what is on the NOC code database for example.
Old May 15th 2012, 10:32 pm
Rockies bound hopefully

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
If you get refused unfairly by CIO, you can still try faxing them. I got my refusal turned around by CIO when I did that, since I was able to show clearly it was their mistake. ("Although you have indicated that you have Arranged Employment, there is insufficient evidence on file that your employment offer is supported by a Human Resources Development Canada (HRSDC)/Service Canada confirmation letter." when I included a photocopy of my work permit)

Might be worth a shot if anyone is effected by the "NOC doesn't match job duties" stuff, crossreferencing your job duties with what is on the NOC code database for example.
I will definitely try that if that's what any letter says. Especially as a Software Project Manager covering all the NOC activities fully I did work on a project that was for a branch of the Canadian Government.
Old May 16th 2012, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

[QUOTE=gandalff;10062761]Hi Katb,
there is one way to find out if they have actually looked at you application and accepted your job description and points and that is to get your CAIPS notes. One of the fields in that document is called PSDEC (paper screening decision) and I think if that is set to 1 then your file has been looked at and passed the paper screening check.

How do you get your CAIPS notes by the way

thanks

Graham
Old May 16th 2012, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

AhmadQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Graham,

Check this website; http://www.caips.ca/apply.shtml

Thanks
Ahmad
Old May 16th 2012, 7:12 am
Rockies bound hopefully

[QUOTE=graham and george;10063380]
Originally Posted by gandalff
Hi Katb,

How do you get your CAIPS notes by the way

thanks

Graham
Hi Graham and George
if you know someone living in Canada then they can apply for you for about $5. If not then like AhMadQ as suggested you can use a commercial company, a bit more expensive. You need to fill in the forms , takes about 5 weeks to come back and they have all the comments made by the immigration officer on them and there are plenty of people on BE that can interpret the various codes on the form.

Hugh
Old May 16th 2012, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gandalff
Hi Katb,

BalUk - I have heard nothing yet.

Hugh

Hugh
Hi

Thanks very much for that. I didn't know that even existed. Don't know what I would do without this forum! :-)) I'll look up the site.
Old May 16th 2012, 4:57 pm
Calgary Since Sep 2011

Picklepopps is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: DECISION MADE BEFORE MED'S, GOT THE WORST NEWS OF MY LIFE!!!

I also had 'great' news on Monday, that our PR application has been refused. I had applied for FSW as a welder who has 6 years experience with all forms of Laser manufacturing as covered under the Welder title. I had references, qualifications and even a BSc based on Laser welding, not to mention over 10 years with other forms of welding. We applied November 2009.

Our immigration agents have written to CIC for an explanation as to the refusal. I couldn't have been more precise and honest with my application.

The response was " we don't consider you to be a welder, case closed, refund on its way"

We are re-submitting immediately as we feel really hard done by.

We are already established in Calgary now since Sept 2011, on a two year work permit in parallel to our PR application.

More costs required as we now have to renew our Police Clearances (for the fourth time) and have to undertake an ENGLISH TEST?????
$250 each - for Christ's sake , come on.
Old May 16th 2012, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Picklepopps
I also had 'great' news on Monday, that our PR application has been refused. I had applied for FSW as a welder who has 6 years experience with all forms of Laser manufacturing as covered under the Welder title. I had references, qualifications and even a BSc based on Laser welding, not to mention over 10 years with other forms of welding. We applied November 2009.

Our immigration agents have written to CIC for an explanation as to the refusal. I couldn't have been more precise and honest with my application.

The response was " we don't consider you to be a welder, case closed, refund on its way"

We are already established in Calgary now since Sept 2011, on a two year work permit in parallel to our PR application.

More costs required as we now have to renew our Police Clearances (for the fourth time) and have to undertake an ENGLISH TEST?????
That SUCKS!!! I don't get it at all, there doesn't seem to be any logic to the decisions. I thought they were desperate for welders! Did you go to "In Process'' prior to the rejection? I hope your agents manage to do something.
Old May 16th 2012, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've been looking on some other threads and one guy went 'In Process' in Feb 2012 and then his ECAS changed to Decision made 3 months later in May 2012 (he hasn't received the letter yet). So strange and also suggests that none of us can relax!
Old May 16th 2012, 11:41 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Picklepopps

You won't be able to resubmit now as a new application as the quota is full. You will have to wait until 1st July. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.