Yorkshire Puddings

Old Jun 23rd 2011, 11:50 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yorkshire Puddings

Going to make some, but the recipe I have says use plain flour? surely they won't rise with plain flour?
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Yorkshire Puddings

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Going to make some, but the recipe I have says use plain flour? surely they won't rise with plain flour?
Plain flour! - It rises through the 'Beating Process!' Put some Pepper into the one for the Beef, and do another one (No Pepper) to use with Jam or Lemon Curd!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Stealth Otter has a spectacular aura aboutStealth Otter has a spectacular aura aboutStealth Otter has a spectacular aura about

Plain flour is fine.
Trick is to get the oil as hot as you can.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

and you're from the North East....My God..Sacrilege...!

Plain flour , eggs , full fat milk , teaspoon of vinegar , good lard...

Don't forget , get them tins smoking !
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 11:56 am

WakeUp is an unknown quantity at this point

Mockney Jamie Oliver says to use plain flour so I guess that the way....

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/m...0Pudding./4267
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Stealth Otter has a spectacular aura aboutStealth Otter has a spectacular aura aboutStealth Otter has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jackthehat
It rises through the 'Beating Process!'
Funnily enough I was only mentioning that to Mrs StealthOtter the other day
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 11:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I make a killer yorkshire- yes its plain flour!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Plain flour! - It rises through the 'Beating Process!' Put some Pepper into the one for the Beef, and do another one (No Pepper) to use with Jam or Lemon Curd!
Yes, and as they say Extra Virgin Olive Oil as hot as you can get it, and Batter Mix at 5C from the fridge. Introduce the two together, and put back in the oven!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:01 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

plain flour it is then!! been ages since I made any puddings using the Bero recipe
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, and as they say Extra Virgin Olive Oil as hot as you can get it, and Batter Mix at 5C from the fridge. Introduce the two together, and put back in the oven!
Yorkshire puddings should only be made with Beef Dripping....
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

I forgot to get the oil hot the only time I attempted Yorkshires and mine turned out like pancakes!

I find Aunt Bessie's do the trick (or just wait to go home and get my mum to make them).
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

my recipe

6 heaped serving spoons of plain flour
2 good-large size free range eggs
a good pinch of salt
full fat milk
water (half water to milk)

Stick the flour in a pint jug, add the salt and eggs, slowly add milk beating the mixture with a fork, add a bit of water add a bit of milk, until you have a smooth runny but ot too runny mixture which is full of air. Stick it in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.

Preheat the over to hotter than hell, using a muffin tin, put the tin in the over with oil in the tin. Let the tin and oil get ridiculously hot.

Add the mixture, turn the temp down to 220, put the tin back in, leave in oven- do not open the door until you think they are ready. takes 30-40 minutes. Makes 6 BIG yorkshires.

Concierge

Originally Posted by co durham boy
can you even get that here? seen lard but not dripping?
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:04 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy
I forgot to get the oil hot the only time I attempted Yorkshires and mine turned out like pancakes!

I find Aunt Bessie's do the trick (or just wait to go home and get my mum to make them).
would rather do without!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I know, and I used to love it! Monday tea, when I got home from school was Dripping on Toast, but I cannot do that now! Extra Virgin is fine, it actually makes the Pud quite light!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.