Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Vaccine rollout in the UAE

Vaccine rollout in the UAE

Old Feb 14th 2021, 8:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccine rollout in the UAE

Originally Posted by csdf
Don't catch it. Anyway, hope it all goes OK.
Thanks, we are on about day 7. Apart from randomly falling asleep etc. everyone is doing ok.

I think it came home via my daughter and the nursery. She had a 1/2 day high-temp about 5 days before the maid and I got sick. Everyone has different symptoms in our house with very few symptoms in common. Only a lack of smell is common... and on that note, we have burnt three meals and had a chip pan fire. Cooking without the ability to smell (and being easily distracted by small kids) is dangerous.
Old Feb 14th 2021, 9:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Thanks, we are on about day 7. Apart from randomly falling asleep etc. everyone is doing ok.

I think it came home via my daughter and the nursery. She had a 1/2 day high-temp about 5 days before the maid and I got sick. Everyone has different symptoms in our house with very few symptoms in common. Only a lack of smell is common... and on that note, we have burnt three meals and had a chip pan fire. Cooking without the ability to smell (and being easily distracted by small kids) is dangerous.
Glad nobody is too poorly.
Old Feb 14th 2021, 9:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Interestingly, a friend shot himself in the foot - he got covid a day or so after his mrs, she'd tested positive, he never went for a test knowing he had it and not wanting to go out unnecessarily.
She got tested again, came back positive - 6 weeks after clearing quarantine.
Spoke to DHA, they pulled up the file and said don't worry, get another test or just chill out - we ain't fussy.
She got another, negative.

If he were to go and get a test for whatever reason and it came up positive, there'd be no recourse for him, would have to isolate etc.

Seems a shame, by being sensible in the first place, potentially thwarted down the line
Old Feb 14th 2021, 10:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Interestingly, a friend shot himself in the foot - he got covid a day or so after his mrs, she'd tested positive, he never went for a test knowing he had it and not wanting to go out unnecessarily.
She got tested again, came back positive - 6 weeks after clearing quarantine.
Spoke to DHA, they pulled up the file and said don't worry, get another test or just chill out - we ain't fussy.
She got another, negative.

If he were to go and get a test for whatever reason and it came up positive, there'd be no recourse for him, would have to isolate etc.

Seems a shame, by being sensible in the first place, potentially thwarted down the line
this kind of happened with us. Two tested positive, one negative but was showing signs. At at that point it’s obvious you just stay in and treat everyone as positive. However, I insisted that my wife go gets a retest so that the ten day clock on our heads starts as soon as possible. The worst outcome would be for me to clear my 10 days and for her to then test positive before trying to return to work and we have to start all over again.

Old Feb 14th 2021, 11:27 am
Account Closed

this kind of happened with us. Two tested positive, one negative but was showing signs. At at that point it’s obvious you just stay in and treat everyone as positive. However, I insisted that my wife go gets a retest so that the ten day clock on our heads starts as soon as possible. The worst outcome would be for me to clear my 10 days and for her to then test positive before trying to return to work and we have to start all over again.
Yeah. I remember saying to him at the time he may as well go to a drive thru one, minimal contact and just get the positive test so he can get the certificate. Apparently her call with the authorities was super straightforward, they had all the info and told her to just go about as normal.
Old Feb 14th 2021, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

AZ.
Could get that one at one location or Sinopharm at about 3-4.
No sign of the Pfizer one.
nice !! ..... did you book via DHA ?
Old Feb 15th 2021, 4:24 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by UKMS
nice !! ..... did you book via DHA ?
Yeah on the app. First appointment for it was late this month but such is.
The only thing that puts me off is the last 24-36 hours that the mrs has been in bed or generally a zombie from almost every single common side effect.
Old Feb 15th 2021, 4:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah on the app. First appointment for it was late this month but such is.
The only thing that puts me off is the last 24-36 hours that the mrs has been in bed or generally a zombie from almost every single common side effect.
did it start slow?
Old Feb 15th 2021, 5:03 am
Account Closed

did it start slow?
Can't spot an obvious joke here so will assume it's a question.
She was jabbed at 8pm roughly. Stuff went south at about 10/11am the next day. Still sore this morning but less of the headache / fever / body aches stuff.
She was clambering for tablets, which is extremely unlike her so was definitely not a fun day.
Old Feb 15th 2021, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

How are you getting the AZ? Isn't it reserved for oldies?
Old Feb 15th 2021, 6:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Can't spot an obvious joke here so will assume it's a question.
She was jabbed at 8pm roughly. Stuff went south at about 10/11am the next day. Still sore this morning but less of the headache / fever / body aches stuff.
She was clambering for tablets, which is extremely unlike her so was definitely not a fun day.
It was genuine. Sorry, I had not realised that she is having side affects from the vaccine. I thought she might be coming down with COVID (which generally starts quite slow...)
Old Feb 15th 2021, 9:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by csdf
How are you getting the AZ? Isn't it reserved for oldies?
Said I've had high blood pressure, or whatever the question was. It was honest, just not currently. It didn't challenge further than a very, very broad question.

It was genuine. Sorry, I had not realised that she is having side affects from the vaccine. I thought she might be coming down with COVID (which generally starts quite slow...)
Ah I see. Sorry, yeah - it's from the vaccine not the 'rona itself.
She's back in work today I think, arm still sore and 'dead' but generally a lot better than she was yesterday.
It wasn't a nice day for her but better than becoming a Covid stat I suppose.
Old Feb 16th 2021, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

carbolic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I see the UAE hit 5M doses in the last few days. Not sure about the actual number of people vaccinated due to the two shot process but it's a lot.
The next month will show the world if the Sinopharm is effective in curbing the virus. Hopefully it also offers protection against the South African variant.
Good luck
https://www.khaleejtimes.com/coronav...-herd-immunity
Old Feb 18th 2021, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

I had two shots of Sinopharm with nothing more than a slightly sore patch next day each time. Entirely anecdotal evidence from my friends suugest no side effects for them either, so it's tough if your gf has come down with a bunch. Still better than geting Covid though.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

She got the AZ jab though, which has a bit of a reputation. Like you, I've had no side-effects from Sinopharm nor know anyone who did.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.