Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Silly season is almost over...!!!!

Silly season is almost over...!!!!

Old Aug 4th 2015, 7:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Silly season is almost over...!!!!

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Ah, cheers mate.

Maybe I'll do my own pub crawl here one night and keep looking for the ever so elusive Abu Dhabi that I seem to be missing. Does anyone actually live here other than Emiratis, Syrian grannies and Filipinos?
Funnily enough had a really good laugh with an Emirati in one of the bars. Said he was a cop working in bomb disposal. Mental.
Old Aug 4th 2015, 7:52 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Funnily enough had a really good laugh with an Emirati in one of the bars. Said he was a cop working in bomb disposal. Mental.
When I used to fly fighter planes...
Old Aug 4th 2015, 7:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
When I used to fly fighter planes...
Told him I was a Navy Diver. He looked me up and down, smiled and said 'OK'.
Old Aug 5th 2015, 8:11 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Ah, cheers mate.

Maybe I'll do my own pub crawl here one night and keep looking for the ever so elusive Abu Dhabi that I seem to be missing. Does anyone actually live here other than Emiratis, Syrian grannies and Filipinos?
Yep, I do...

My local haunt is McGettigans.. Good crowd at the weekends.. Good grub, and its only 5 mins from my door.. Local drinking hole for the Etihad trolley dollies.. (Think The Underground in DXB way back and you'll get an idea..!!)

When I was on-Island before getting my permanent place sorted out, I went to the Millenium next to Al Wahda mall.. Cant remember the name of the pub (Porters??). A fair few Brit expats go there...
Old Aug 5th 2015, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

You live in Raha Beach?

Decent or no?

What do you pay for cooling charges there?

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Yep, I do...

My local haunt is McGettigans.. Good crowd at the weekends.. Good grub, and its only 5 mins from my door.. Local drinking hole for the Etihad trolley dollies.. (Think The Underground in DXB way back and you'll get an idea..!!)

When I was on-Island before getting my permanent place sorted out, I went to the Millenium next to Al Wahda mall.. Cant remember the name of the pub (Porters??). A fair few Brit expats go there...