British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Silly season is almost over...!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/silly-season-almost-over-861910/)

TGFKASE Jul 16th 2015 5:26 am

Silly season is almost over...!!!!

With the sun setting on another silly season, what has made you stop, look to the heavens and shake your head this Ramadan??

NorthernLad Jul 16th 2015 5:38 am

Re: Silly season is almost over...!!!!

Reading RedSharks posts...admittedly that is not just restricted to Ramadan

shiva Jul 16th 2015 7:53 am

The midnight meeting request for an absolutely genuine full on business meeting. No I did not go. Clients like that I can do without

Meow Jul 16th 2015 10:47 am

Every year I await the news stories about people admitted to hospital for over eating. It's only truly Ramadan in the GCC when that happens.

I have also been amused by the amount of billboards advertising food especially for Ramadan. Crappy McDonald's burger for iftar anyone? :tape:

norsk Jul 16th 2015 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 11700781)
Every year I await the news stories about people admitted to hospital for over eating. It's only truly Ramadan in the GCC when that happens.

I have also been amused by the amount of billboards advertising food especially for Ramadan. Crappy McDonald's burger for iftar anyone? :tape:

Or the KFC Ramadan Extreme Meal?

Millhouse Jul 16th 2015 1:30 pm

I think the phone call I got from Etisalat's customer complaints department at 00:16 last night was a good one. It was like it was just a normal day for them.

hnd Jul 16th 2015 8:02 pm

Got a nice one from the ROP thanking me for 'abiding by the speed limit' and wishing me "Eid Mubarak". Guess I don't have any fines, then πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž

Leannmean Jul 21st 2015 11:02 am

Originally Posted by hnd (Post 11701158)
Got a nice one from the ROP thanking me for 'abiding by the speed limit' and wishing me "Eid Mubarak". Guess I don't have any fines, then πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž

How the hell did you manage that , with all the hidden speeding cameras and all :sneaky:

hnd Jul 21st 2015 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Leannmean (Post 11704470)
How the hell did you manage that , with all the hidden speeding cameras and all :sneaky:

Driving at speeds lower than the speed limit probably has something to do with it :huh:

Leannmean Jul 21st 2015 11:17 am

Originally Posted by hnd (Post 11704484)
Driving at speeds lower than the speed limit probably has something to do with it :huh:

I congratulate you on your safe driving habits , but that is nearly undoable especially on Muscat Expressway ....:lol:

Meow Jul 22nd 2015 8:36 am

I think it is silly season year round in the GCC.

redShark Jul 24th 2015 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 11705271)
I think it is silly season year round in the GCC.

A silly season!!!.. how typical. This is just the impression of those who can’t see beyond their body needs, which actually deserves a pity from me for the miserable state of existence they are in!!

OleJanx Jul 24th 2015 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 11707004)
A silly season!!!.. how typical. This is just the impression of those who can’t see beyond their body needs, which actually deserves a pity from me for the miserable state of existence they are in!!

Pillock.

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 26th 2015 4:41 am

I enjoyed the end of it out the country. Best way I think!

Leannmean Jul 26th 2015 8:30 am

Who the hell is that " RedShark" guy ???