Recruitment Bashing

Old Dec 14th 2011, 6:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Recruitment Bashing

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ers---off.html

You lot are going to love this...

I've got zero sympathy for the helmet, to reply pretending to be someone else, to 4,000 people, swearing and being rude is just ridiculous.

That being said, anyone that sends their CV to 4,000 people with the option to 'reply all' needs shot.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recruitment Bashing

we just paid £14K to a recruitment agency to find someone who I've known for 10 years and who's number I would have given them for nowt if they'd asked
Old Dec 14th 2011, 6:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Sandboy
we just paid £14K to a recruitment agency to find someone who I've known for 10 years and who's number I would have given them for nowt if they'd asked
It happens all the time.

Just had a guy offered by a Project Director who had worked on a job with the guy 3 years ago, but hadn't thought to call him and ask him if he were keen.

It's daylight robbery in some respects but a lot of people are too busy or don't know how to get someone on board that they know.

If you wrote down everyone good you've ever worked with, you'd have a database to rival most recruiters.

But don't, please...
Old Dec 14th 2011, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp

If you wrote down everyone good you've ever worked with, you'd have a database to rival most recruiters..
and wouldn't need HR nor recruitment agencies and would operate more quickly, efficiently and cheaply

ho hum
Old Dec 14th 2011, 6:46 am
Account Closed

and wouldn't need HR nor recruitment agencies and would operate more quickly, efficiently and cheaply

ho hum
More to the point, why didn't you call me?
Old Dec 14th 2011, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

small world - I recognized some names in the that story.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 8:25 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

14k seems a lot, however there is some comfort to be had using the agency to protect you from the potential fall out if the guy doesn't work out.

I have had the experience of people I highly recommended having either personality clashes with existing staff, or just not fitting the role so I usually tell them to contact xyz agency and then work from there. Shields you from the nepotism/favouritism charge also.

But 14K this is a ridiculous fee
Old Dec 14th 2011, 8:35 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I was "headhunted" to my firm via a recruiter who literally went on linkedin and did a search for people who do my job...he was paid at least $5000 for that (which makes me wonder if I am in the right industry )

I think I was the last time we used a recruiter after I told them how I was found. Now we do almost our recruiting in house via word of mouth...and it works fine.

N.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
But 14K this is a ridiculous fee
Seriously? I thought it was peanuts. Different industry I guess...
Old Dec 14th 2011, 9:04 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Seriously? I thought it was peanuts. Different industry I guess...
Well I don't know the level of the guy but 14k (sterling) is not something I would pay unless its something very specific or hard to recruit. The construction industry fees dropped a lot in the last year from what I see, as the agencies got more competitive.
I assume agency salaries and bonuses must have dropped, and also the old trick of squeezing the candidate to accept a lower salary is fairly prevalent at the moment.
Just wittering on now, but the main thing I see at the moment is very over qualified candidates being put forward for lower roles, like former project directors working as construction managers type thing.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 9:33 am
Account Closed

Well I don't know the level of the guy but 14k (sterling) is not something I would pay unless its something very specific or hard to recruit. The construction industry fees dropped a lot in the last year from what I see, as the agencies got more competitive.
I assume agency salaries and bonuses must have dropped, and also the old trick of squeezing the candidate to accept a lower salary is fairly prevalent at the moment.
Just wittering on now, but the main thing I see at the moment is very over qualified candidates being put forward for lower roles, like former project directors working as construction managers type thing.
Pretty much all correct.

Fees are shite now, lots of companies just take the piss, but good companies still pay an alright % because they see value.

I work roles in places I wouldn't have bothered with before, I work roles that are harder to fill that I'd have ignored before. Gone are the days when you interview a good PM and get him to your favourite clients and they all want him...

That being said, candidates are going for lesser jobs, good candidates are still employed though and clients need a little educating to realise that if someone is happily employed and not looking, you can't offer them 25% less than they get currently because of "market conditions".

It's all a bit give and take and the few 000's here and there make a difference.

£14k is not a massive fee. Depends how it was arranged - if it was just contingent placement on a massive salary then fair play. If it was retained etc then it's alright.

I'd never try and get a candidate to take less money. I'd tell a candidate if the offer won't be increased at all and let them make a decision, can't do a lot more than that and at the level I deal with, most of the negotiating is quite straight forward.

Some stuff's easy, some stuff takes months to land and is a hassle, fees are shit but they are still there to be earned and fees make bonus so I won't complain.

The bloke in the article is a prick mind.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 10:35 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going off recruiters. Some in the Middle East are just rude and arrogant and just reject applications without the slightest hint why.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 11:35 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 14th 2011, 7:13 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

14k seems a lot, however there is some comfort to be had using the agency to protect you from the potential fall out if the guy doesn't work out.
That's pretty cheap. The going rate is 30-40% of negotiated salary as the finders fee.

A mate of mine was approached by a recruiter for a new job...turns out to be for a position at the company he is working for, on the exact team he's working on
Old Dec 15th 2011, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ers---off.html

You lot are going to love this...

I've got zero sympathy for the helmet, to reply pretending to be someone else, to 4,000 people, swearing and being rude is just ridiculous.

That being said, anyone that sends their CV to 4,000 people with the option to 'reply all' needs shot.
I had the most unprofessional conversation with some chaps from Ran.....Mena the other week .

What a bunch of unprofessional arseholes , no wonder recruiters get a bad name and these guys think they're the best !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.