obese on flight

Old Aug 30th 2016, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default obese on flight

just been hearing about this story which has gone viral
Your Fat Friend's essay reveals the anguish of flying on a plane as an obese person | Daily Mail Online

if you were sat next to an overweight/obese person would you complain to be moved?
Old Aug 30th 2016, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: obese on flight

Originally Posted by mission
just been hearing about this story which has gone viral
Your Fat Friend's essay reveals the anguish of flying on a plane as an obese person | Daily Mail Online

if you were sat next to an overweight/obese person would you complain to be moved?
I have done. But quietly, wouldn't announce it next to the chubster sitting next to me.
Old Aug 30th 2016, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
I have done. But quietly, wouldn't announce it next to the chubster sitting next to me.
and did you get moved? how big was the dude?
Old Aug 30th 2016, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Worst bit of flying. They always want to keep the armrest up and spill over into my space. I despise body contact with strangers too so if necessary I hold the inflight magazine between us to avoid any physical touching.

I'm sorry you're fat (and 90% of the time it's your fault and don't blame it on genetics). But that doesn't give you the right to spill over into my area.
Old Aug 30th 2016, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Worst bit of flying. They always want to keep the armrest up and spill over into my space. I despise body contact with strangers too so if necessary I hold the inflight magazine between us to avoid any physical touching.

I'm sorry you're fat (and 90% of the time it's your fault and don't blame it on genetics). But that doesn't give you the right to spill over into my area.
lol never had you pegged for a meanie
to be honest in all my time flying I have never had to encounter this situation...I have had people who think the frigging arm rest is theirs and only theirs which p I s ses me off to no end.....I usually dread having some child/brat sat either next to me or behind me.
Old Aug 30th 2016, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Made in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud of

to be honest in all my time flying I have never had to encounter this situation...I have had people who think the frigging arm rest is theirs and only theirs which p I s ses me off to no end.....I usually dread having some child/brat sat either next to me or behind me.
Or sat in front, looking over and gurning at you.

I hate that feeling of helplessness when you've already sat down, seeing families walking down the aisle thinking "please god, not them".

I know it's been discussed and argued over numerous times, but I would love child free flights.
Old Aug 30th 2016, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

and did you get moved? how big was the dude?
Most of the time I've been moved if there is a spare seat. Even been moved up into business before, but that was when I was flying regularly enough to be welcomed onto flights by name Mixture of big enough to have his belly resting on the armrest through to slightly smaller but very smelly/sweaty.

Never ever complained infront of the person I'm sitting next to. Asking to be moved quietly is practical and if you do it right, you also don't come across as a ****.
Old Aug 30th 2016, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Try flying 14 hours non-stop to Melbourne with an obese man next to you and no spare seats anywhere on the plane

I go out of my way to keep myself trim and fit. No reason why others can't either.

I seem to have bad luck with fatties on planes. Last year I flew to HK on a flight filled with skinny Asians save for one fat Westerner, and guess who he was sitting next to?
Old Aug 30th 2016, 11:11 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Flying to AD (first time) i was sat next to a fat f*****r, i got so pi***** of i complained and moved. Crew said no seats, so i said you sit next to the fat fu****r and i'll sit up front.

and he stunk.
Old Aug 30th 2016, 12:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Touch wood...not been that unlucky yet. Begged the hostie on our way back from Cape Town to not let the any of the smashed Russians sit next to us. We were told flight was full and all on board but two remained not in seats....we had an empty seat next to us.

She was cool about it, I politely said that if they were meant to be sat there could we move or move them? She asked why, explained about them getting really rowdy in the airport and being refused more drink at the bar.

Fortunately they weren't near and we got lucky with a spare seat.

But in fairness my broad shoulders (the kind that Iggle dreams of) can easily result in invading a tiny bit of the seat next to me. Normally if I'm next to someone the arms stay folded so not to intrude on their business.
Old Aug 30th 2016, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by iggle
Flying to AD (first time) i was sat next to a fat f*****r, i got so pi***** of i complained and moved. Crew said no seats, so i said you sit next to the fat fu****r and i'll sit up front.

and he stunk.
I think I could handle someone spilling into my seat, over someone with bad BO.
Old Aug 30th 2016, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Made in Sheffield 1
Or sat in front, looking over and gurning at you.

I hate that feeling of helplessness when you've already sat down, seeing families walking down the aisle thinking "please god, not them".

I know it's been discussed and argued over numerous times, but I would love child free flights.
absolutely lol...I'm exactly the same.
Old Aug 30th 2016, 12:38 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

absolutely lol...I'm exactly the same.
And there's four of them paying, and one of you

Quite frankly the loudest people on the plane are boozed up middle aged men and women talking in self important loud voices whilst everyone else is trying to sleep

Most children sleep on planes
Old Aug 30th 2016, 12:55 pm
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Outside of Plastic Brits and smokers, Fat People are on my hate list.

Like what is wrong with you, lose some weight. If you can't look after yourself, why on earth can i trust you with anything.
Old Aug 30th 2016, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by iggle
Outside of Plastic Brits and smokers, Fat People are on my hate list.

Like what is wrong with you, lose some weight. If you can't look after yourself, why on earth can i trust you with anything.
One day you're going to disappear from this forum because you got a fat, smoking 'plastic Brit' knocked up. Shotgun wedding, the ****ing works.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.