New iPod OS software

Old Oct 13th 2011, 7:29 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default New iPod OS software

Ok so upgraded to the new software on my iPod touch, lost all my music and movies which is fine, that happened last time.

But also lost ALL of my apps, which is a lot - backup seems to have just settings and not apps.

How do I get them back then ?

Ta.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 7:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: New iPod OS software

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Ok so upgraded to the new software on my iPod touch, lost all my music and movies which is fine, that happened last time.

But also lost ALL of my apps, which is a lot - backup seems to have just settings and not apps.

Ta.
It's a pain, some get put back on, some don't.

I've always just re-downloaded the ones I missed first, if you paid for them then iTunes remembers and just downloads without charging you again.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Ta.
did you do a back-up before you updated to ios5? I did, and could only get my music, books and films back to begin with, however if you did back it up, then if you click on your device on the left of itunes, and then at the top of the window there is a tab for apps, which lets you re-synch them from itunes to your ipod.

that's if your on a PC, i have no idea about how to do it if your on a mac.

If that doesn't work, I think Scamp is correct and you need to download them again (free of charge).
Old Oct 13th 2011, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

correction to the above. log into itunes and click on the store. there is a button for "purchased", it'll show you a list of everything you've purchased, separated into books, music, films, apps. click on each tab and the bottom of each one, there is an option for download all. from there, follow above instruction about synching apps.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 8:03 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
did you do a back-up before you updated to ios5? I did, and could only get my music, books and films back to begin with, however if you did back it up, then if you click on your device on the left of itunes, and then at the top of the window there is a tab for apps, which lets you re-synch them from itunes to your ipod.

that's if your on a PC, i have no idea about how to do it if your on a mac.

If that doesn't work, I think Scamp is correct and you need to download them again (free of charge).
Yeah I did a backup, took a while and when I try and restore it just has my settings - nowt else. No apps, photos anything.

I got all my apps through the apps button on my iPod, not through itunes on my mac or owt.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 8:05 am
why ayeeeee man!

correction to the above. log into itunes and click on the store. there is a button for "purchased", it'll show you a list of everything you've purchased, separated into books, music, films, apps. click on each tab and the bottom of each one, there is an option for download all. from there, follow above instruction about synching apps.
yeah last time it updated and put all my apps back on. Hmmmmm.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 8:20 am
why ayeeeee man!

yeah last time it updated and put all my apps back on. Hmmmmm.
Got the apps back, was somehow signed in with the wrong username - but it seems films, music and photos are gone?
Old Oct 13th 2011, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Should be as easy as dragging them accross from your itunes library and dumping them onto your ipod? I did the upgrade on the ipad last night and nothing went back on automatically. Queued it all up to transfer and it took nearly 3hours for the 4 movies 4500songs and the apps to go back!
Old Oct 13th 2011, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

why do people buy ipods ?
Old Oct 13th 2011, 9:55 am
why ayeeeee man!

Should be as easy as dragging them accross from your itunes library and dumping them onto your ipod? I did the upgrade on the ipad last night and nothing went back on automatically. Queued it all up to transfer and it took nearly 3hours for the 4 movies 4500songs and the apps to go back!
Think I have a backup on my mac at home, hope so.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 9:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

what has the new software got btw?
Old Oct 13th 2011, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
what has the new software got btw?
so far, all I've noticed is it can backup through wireless. Haven't noticed anything else at all.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 10:10 am
Account Closed

so far, all I've noticed is it can backup through wireless. Haven't noticed anything else at all.
I love stuff like that. Gearing towards this cloud thing?
Old Oct 13th 2011, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
why do people buy ipods ?

Ok, what would you recommned as a decent iPod alternative with at least 160GB capacity?

My 3+ year old iPod classic is full and starting to fall over, would happily switch to a non-Apple alternative, particularly if it meant being able to get away from the dreadful iTunes).
Old Oct 13th 2011, 10:15 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still updating iPad, so not tried it out yet. But....

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2011/10/h...uld-know-about

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.