Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Entertain me please, dear forum

Entertain me please, dear forum

Old May 13th 2013, 2:20 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute
Default Entertain me please, dear forum

Bah Gawd I am bored today.

Two days back from some holidays and after letting a beautiful peach of a job slip through my hands, I am absolutely ****ed off. And have a horrendous four weeks ahead of me.

Regale me with tales of failure (yours) and almighty **** ups so that I may feel better about myself.

Oh before I forget fans of shit fiction, launch date is impending this week. Gird your loins.

Last edited by weasel decentral; May 13th 2013 at 2:25 pm.
Old May 14th 2013, 4:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Entertain me please, dear forum

Job as in for you or project?

Why are the next 4 weeks so shit?

I've had a stinker recently...I am getting ****ed around and shafted by two candidates of a certain nationality. One to work for me and one to work for my client. In fact, being ****ed around doesn't quite cut it, I recommended the guy to work for me and my boss and the **** is the most impressive young guy from said nationality we've both met. Not anymore. Utter ****ing spasticunt. ****ing around like a stallion's prick.

So in one situation I'm about to lose ~11,000 in bonus because of a **** wanting to finish his project, despite us increasing the offer to make him start ASAP...which he explicitly agreed to.

In the other, I'm looking like a mug because a guy is too scared of his boss to actually ****ing leave his company and get a 40% pay rise just for turning up for me.

C U N T S.
Old May 14th 2013, 4:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Oh before I forget fans of shit fiction, launch date is impending this week. Gird your loins.
By the way, how was yoga this morning?
Old May 14th 2013, 5:34 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

It was a new job for me as it happens, I almost had escaped the ME there for a while. Flew out met the people, saw the project and it was all good.

However the boss was a bit of an old shouter type who thought I was a bit too cool for school, he needed to see panic in his staff to feel he was getting progress.

I could have played up a bit to suit him but **** it life's too short, it's a pity because everything else was good.
Old May 14th 2013, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Bongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I've had a stinker recently...yadda yadda
No wonder there is no loyalty between employer & employee anymore.
Vested interests ensure it's a bygone concept
Old May 14th 2013, 7:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bongoman2
No wonder there is no loyalty between employer & employee anymore.
Vested interests ensure it's a bygone concept
Yes and no.

I believe that your loyalty ends when you accept a new position. Especially when you negotiate hard and accept the terms of that negotiation to be a further level of commitment to the new company.

Fannying around after that makes you much, much less likely to be accepted with open arms when your actions have cost the company money.

Such is. World we live in is a ****ed up place.
Old May 14th 2013, 8:11 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes and no.

I believe that your loyalty ends when you accept a new position. Especially when you negotiate hard and accept the terms of that negotiation to be a further level of commitment to the new company.

Fannying around after that makes you much, much less likely to be accepted with open arms when your actions have cost the company money.

Such is. World we live in is a ****ed up place.
Agree with all of that. And as for the final comment above: I find it refreshing to be among straight-talking, hard-working, let's-all-pull-in-the-same-direction kinda people once again. I was definitely in a ****ed-up place before...
Old May 14th 2013, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Job as in for you or project?

Why are the next 4 weeks so shit?

I've had a stinker recently...I am getting ****ed around and shafted by two candidates of a certain nationality. One to work for me and one to work for my client. In fact, being ****ed around doesn't quite cut it, I recommended the guy to work for me and my boss and the **** is the most impressive young guy from said nationality we've both met. Not anymore. Utter ****ing spasticunt. ****ing around like a stallion's prick.

So in one situation I'm about to lose ~11,000 in bonus because of a **** wanting to finish his project, despite us increasing the offer to make him start ASAP...which he explicitly agreed to.

In the other, I'm looking like a mug because a guy is too scared of his boss to actually ****ing leave his company and get a 40% pay rise just for turning up for me.

C U N T S.
No football to bet on soon so.....

1/10 pointy shoes are involved
4/6. Lebanese
Evens - Egyptian
Old May 14th 2013, 8:20 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy

4/6. Lebanese
Evens - Egyptian
What odds for those with inadequate support of upper spinal vertebrae?
Old May 14th 2013, 8:25 am
Account Closed

4/6. Lebanese
Evens - Egyptian
Possibly one of the worst combinations:

Lad I'm trying to recruit to work for me is an Indian recruitment consultant.

Other one is an Indian, in India for a job in a different bit of India.

****ing nightmare.
Old May 14th 2013, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

****ing nightmare.
God, I'm even shit at being a bookie

Should have been 1/100 a moustache being involved
Old May 14th 2013, 9:01 am
Hit 16's

****ing nightmare.
Damn, should've asked Sandboy for 100/1.
Old May 14th 2013, 9:13 am
Account Closed

God, I'm even shit at being a bookie

Should have been 1/100 a moustache being involved
I didn't want to be rude, but you did miss an obvious one.

The one I'm employing is an ex-boxer. He's all of 5ft4 but I'd be cautious about picking a fight with him.
Old May 14th 2013, 9:37 am
Hit 16's

I didn't want to be rude, but you did miss an obvious one.

The one I'm employing is an ex-boxer. He's all of 5ft4 but I'd be cautious about picking a fight with him.
A straight right to the ging-gang-goolies. Just fall on him.
Old May 14th 2013, 9:56 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
A straight right to the ging-gang-goolies. Just fall on him.
Smart. Play to my strengths.