Cooked Chicken

Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:18 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cooked Chicken

Whilst shopping today in my local supermarket I happened upon a women screaming at the manager that the price of the coooked chickens had gone up to 14dhs this includes a small pot of salad and bread.

I bought one and it was lovely! Is this expensive??

I have also heard rumors that rice, tea, pasta etc is going up in price
Anyone noticed any changes in the food prices here?? I just tend to shove it in my trolly and pay....never check ...so just wondered!!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cooked Chicken

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
Whilst shopping today in my local supermarket I happened upon a women screaming at the manager that the price of the coooked chickens had gone up to 14dhs this includes a small pot of salad and bread.

Anyone noticed any changes in the food prices here?? I just tend to shove it in my trolly and pay....never check ...so just wondered!!
prices have gone up but the government is trying to force stores to limit price increases.

we supply poultry and dairy farms in the region with corn for feed and the prices are sky high. Decisions of countries like the UK to enforce the addition of biofuels to petrol will only add to these price increases.

Commodities such as grain and rice are also now being used far more for financial speculation which has further pushed up prices.

the next grain harvests, especially in australia, are expected to be better though so prices may come down later in the year.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:34 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
prices have gone up but the government is trying to force stores to limit price increases.

we supply poultry and dairy farms in the region with corn for feed and the prices are sky high. Decisions of countries like the UK to enforce the addition of biofuels to petrol will only add to these price increases.

Commodities such as grain and rice are also now being used far more for financial speculation which has further pushed up prices.

the next grain harvests, especially in australia, are expected to be better though so prices may come down later in the year.
A simplier answer would have been......Yes !!!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
I don't do simple answers!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:38 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Ive forgotten the question???

Oh yeah..........PANIC BUY .....BUY NOW......PANIC...PANIC !!!!!!

Send e-mails to everyone you you know to buy cooked chickens and stock up on them in your cupboard!!!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ive forgotten the question???

Oh yeah..........PANIC BUY .....BUY NOW......PANIC...PANIC !!!!!!

Send e-mails to everyone you you know to buy cooked chickens and stock up on them in your cupboard!!!
or just keep live ones on you balcony until your are ready for them!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:17 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

is it balls, £2 that is. I get them a bit they're ace, although thing odd thing is get a cooked whole chicken and they are pretty small - but buy some chicken breasts and they can be massive.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:18 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

We paid Dhs9.50 for a cooked chicken at Lulus at the weekend but our local Arabic eatery now charges Dhs18 for one, so it depends where you go. At present, chicken is relatively expensive compared to this time last year.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Spugsy
is it balls, £2 that is. I get them a bit they're ace, although thing odd thing is get a cooked whole chicken and they are pretty small - but buy some chicken breasts and they can be massive.
Can we have an English translation, please?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:27 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart

I am guessing that some chickens have had breast implants....
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

translation...

is it balls - They are not expensive

£2 that is - the equivalent of two british pounds

I get them a bit they're ace - i buy those chickens i think they are rather good

although thing odd thing is get a cooked whole chicken and they are pretty small - but buy some chicken breasts and they can be massive. -- The strange thing I find is that the whole chickens purchased are very small, in direct comparison to the chicken breasts on offer, which are much larger.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:30 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

And what style of hysterical nutcase has a screaming fit at a store manager because chicken has gone up in price FFS?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Meow
And what style of hysterical nutcase has a screaming fit at a store manager because chicken has gone up in price FFS?
Well it definitely wasn't me...this time.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:36 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

its very simple like:

Cooked chicken - quite small
Chicken breasts - large
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:38 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by admon
translation...

is it balls - They are not expensive

£2 that is - the equivalent of two british pounds

I get them a bit they're ace - i buy those chickens i think they are rather good

although thing odd thing is get a cooked whole chicken and they are pretty small - but buy some chicken breasts and they can be massive. -- The strange thing I find is that the whole chickens purchased are very small, in direct comparison to the chicken breasts on offer, which are much larger.
Bingo mate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.