British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Cooked Chicken (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/cooked-chicken-529458/)

twinkle-star Apr 15th 2008 9:18 am

Cooked Chicken

Whilst shopping today in my local supermarket I happened upon a women screaming at the manager that the price of the coooked chickens had gone up to 14dhs this includes a small pot of salad and bread.

I bought one and it was lovely! :p Is this expensive??

I have also heard rumors that rice, tea, pasta etc is going up in price
Anyone noticed any changes in the food prices here?? I just tend to shove it in my trolly and pay....never check ...so just wondered!!:unsure:

Inselaffen Apr 15th 2008 9:26 am

Re: Cooked Chicken

Originally Posted by twinkle-star (Post 6210884)
Whilst shopping today in my local supermarket I happened upon a women screaming at the manager that the price of the coooked chickens had gone up to 14dhs this includes a small pot of salad and bread.

Anyone noticed any changes in the food prices here?? I just tend to shove it in my trolly and pay....never check ...so just wondered!!:unsure:

prices have gone up but the government is trying to force stores to limit price increases.

we supply poultry and dairy farms in the region with corn for feed and the prices are sky high. Decisions of countries like the UK to enforce the addition of biofuels to petrol will only add to these price increases.

Commodities such as grain and rice are also now being used far more for financial speculation which has further pushed up prices.

the next grain harvests, especially in australia, are expected to be better though so prices may come down later in the year.

BangleMan Apr 15th 2008 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 6210915)
prices have gone up but the government is trying to force stores to limit price increases.

we supply poultry and dairy farms in the region with corn for feed and the prices are sky high. Decisions of countries like the UK to enforce the addition of biofuels to petrol will only add to these price increases.

Commodities such as grain and rice are also now being used far more for financial speculation which has further pushed up prices.

the next grain harvests, especially in australia, are expected to be better though so prices may come down later in the year.

A simplier answer would have been......Yes !!!

Inselaffen Apr 15th 2008 9:37 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 6210953)

I don't do simple answers!

twinkle-star Apr 15th 2008 9:38 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 6210953)

Ive forgotten the question???:confused:

Oh yeah..........PANIC BUY .....BUY NOW......PANIC...PANIC !!!!!!

Send e-mails to everyone you you know to buy cooked chickens and stock up on them in your cupboard!!!:ohmy:

Inselaffen Apr 15th 2008 9:45 am

Originally Posted by twinkle-star (Post 6210975)
Ive forgotten the question???:confused:

Oh yeah..........PANIC BUY .....BUY NOW......PANIC...PANIC !!!!!!

Send e-mails to everyone you you know to buy cooked chickens and stock up on them in your cupboard!!!:ohmy:

or just keep live ones on you balcony until your are ready for them!

Spugsy Apr 15th 2008 10:17 am

Originally Posted by twinkle-star (Post 6210884)

is it balls, £2 that is. I get them a bit they're ace, although thing odd thing is get a cooked whole chicken and they are pretty small - but buy some chicken breasts and they can be massive.

lionheart Apr 15th 2008 10:18 am

We paid Dhs9.50 for a cooked chicken at Lulus at the weekend but our local Arabic eatery now charges Dhs18 for one, so it depends where you go. At present, chicken is relatively expensive compared to this time last year.

lionheart Apr 15th 2008 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6211125)
is it balls, £2 that is. I get them a bit they're ace, although thing odd thing is get a cooked whole chicken and they are pretty small - but buy some chicken breasts and they can be massive.

Can we have an English translation, please?

Meow Apr 15th 2008 10:27 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6211134)

I am guessing that some chickens have had breast implants....

admon Apr 15th 2008 10:28 am

translation...

is it balls - They are not expensive

£2 that is - the equivalent of two british pounds

I get them a bit they're ace - i buy those chickens i think they are rather good

although thing odd thing is get a cooked whole chicken and they are pretty small - but buy some chicken breasts and they can be massive. -- The strange thing I find is that the whole chickens purchased are very small, in direct comparison to the chicken breasts on offer, which are much larger.

Meow Apr 15th 2008 10:30 am

And what style of hysterical nutcase has a screaming fit at a store manager because chicken has gone up in price FFS?

lionheart Apr 15th 2008 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 6211175)
And what style of hysterical nutcase has a screaming fit at a store manager because chicken has gone up in price FFS?

Well it definitely wasn't me...this time.:)

Spugsy Apr 15th 2008 10:36 am

its very simple like:

Cooked chicken - quite small
Chicken breasts - large

Spugsy Apr 15th 2008 10:38 am

Originally Posted by admon (Post 6211166)
translation...

is it balls - They are not expensive

£2 that is - the equivalent of two british pounds

I get them a bit they're ace - i buy those chickens i think they are rather good

although thing odd thing is get a cooked whole chicken and they are pretty small - but buy some chicken breasts and they can be massive. -- The strange thing I find is that the whole chickens purchased are very small, in direct comparison to the chicken breasts on offer, which are much larger.

Bingo mate