Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The Chippy (The ME's Latest Watering Hole)

The Chippy (The ME's Latest Watering Hole)

Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:31 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Chippy (The ME's Latest Watering Hole)

Well as the Leaky Dhow eventually sank on the creek, with no loss of life.
Officially at least.

I thought we needed a new place to chew the cud and generally talk about total crap with an inane slant.

So Ladees and Gentlemen, I give you The Chippy!

Plenty of beverages on tap and bottled, everything from Irn Brew for the Scottish Contingent, through the Bottle of Dawg for the North Easterners and all the way down to a half of mild for the southern softy shandy drinking puffs.

And the usual cocktails, whines and spirits too!

Food is available to, and if you ask nicely we'll even supersize it for you.

The Barstaff can be a bit hit and miss mind you, so you might need to shout.

So as this is the opening night, the drinks are on the house, roast tatties and yorkie puds are on the bar.

And there's no grappa left, cos my supplier had it away (When in Rome)!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:33 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Chippy (The ME's Latest Watering Hole)

Originally Posted by MJC
Well as the Leaky Dhow eventually sank on the creek, with no loss of life.
Officially at least.

I thought we needed a new place to chew the cud and generally talk about total crap with an inane slant.

So Ladees and Gentlemen, I give you The Chippy!

Plenty of beverages on tap and bottled, everything from Irn Brew for the Scottish Contingent, through the Bottle of Dawg for the North Easterners and all the way down to a half of mild for the southern softy shandy drinking puffs.

And the usual cocktails, whines and spirits too!

Food is available to, and if you ask nicely we'll even supersize it for you.

The Barstaff can be a bit hit and miss mind you, so you might need to shout.

So as this is the opening night, the drinks are on the house, roast tatties and yorkie puds are on the bar.

And there's no grappa left, cos my supplier had it away (When in Rome)!

Can I be the barmaid??? Right guys and gals - what you fancy!!!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Can I be the barmaid??? Right guys and gals - what you fancy!!!
I will start with a long vodka please.... and some olives as a side dish. Thanks. How much do I owe you? can I start a tab?
Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:41 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lexylou
I will start with a long vodka please.... and some olives as a side dish. Thanks. How much do I owe you? can I start a tab?
Olives, bloody olives? This is the chippy pet, we do a decent beer fried hammour!

Large Vodka, anything in that? Diet Coke?
Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

can i have a pint of tennents please with some onion rings.

and have you got any scraps for my dug?
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:00 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

no olives dahling but the drink is on it's way, yes tab is started !!!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:00 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
can i have a pint of tennents please with some onion rings.

and have you got any scraps for my dug?
we only opened today so no scraps yet, come again tomorrow Sir, here is your tennents and fresh onion rings!!!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

we only opened today so no scraps yet, come again tomorrow Sir, here is your tennents and fresh onion rings!!!
great but jock is not best pleased, best get him a king rib supper
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC
Olives, bloody olives? This is the chippy pet, we do a decent beer fried hammour!

Large Vodka, anything in that? Diet Coke?
My chippy in the 'gateway to the highlands' sells olives....Ok if there are no olives then do you have any pickled onions? Large ones?

I would like a LONG vodka.... not a large vodka.... if you dont have the bitters for it then a simple G&T would be great. With ice and a slice.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:08 pm
Concierge

My chippy in the 'gateway to the highlands' sells olives....Ok if there are no olives then do you have any pickled onions? Large ones?

I would like a LONG vodka.... not a large vodka.... if you dont have the bitters for it then a simple G&T would be great. With ice and a slice.
Pickled onions we have, olives ordered for tomorrow if you would like to come again Madam! Enjoy your GGG and T, with ice and slice!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:09 pm
Concierge

great but jock is not best pleased, best get him a king rib supper
on it's way !!!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

no olives dahling but the drink is on it's way, yes tab is started !!!
Thank you bar maid (I heard a few of the guys say that your top doesnt show enough. I think you better get a new one for tomorrow)

great, ok if i settle up once a month? Tips included of course!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:10 pm
Concierge

Thank you bar maid (I heard a few of the guys say that your top doesnt show enough. I think you better get a new one for tomorrow)

great, ok if i settle up once a month? Tips included of course!
so this basque isn't good enough for them!!! I thought it went so well with this pink leather mini! Best get myself off to Ann Summers for a new wardrobe. tips always welcome!!!

right who's next?
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

right im ready for another tennents, best get me a whisky chaser, just had a call from work, i need to be at sea tomorrow morning at 6am.

thats my friday pub crawl down the swannie.

(and im not kidding)
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:11 pm
Concierge

right im ready for another tennents, best get me a whisky chaser, just had a call from work, i need to be at sea tomorrow morning at 6am.

thats my friday pub crawl down the swannie.

(and im not kidding)
there you go and under the circumstances here is a free fish supper to help you on your way.,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.