Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

To anyone in Doha or considering Doha

To anyone in Doha or considering Doha

Old Jun 19th 2012, 10:40 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default To anyone in Doha or considering Doha

Never ever ever EVER get anything from Qtel. They are the most feckless, retarded, incompetent bunch of twats I have ever met in the Middle East.

They Lie to you, lose information and generally make any process the most difficult it can be, even by the piss poor standards we expect out here.

Having met a lot of oxygen thieves in my time and dealt with companies as well organised as an Italian military attack these win 1st ******* prize in every useless category.

Get a vodafone mobile and a Satellite and save a mountain of grief.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: To anyone in Doha or considering Doha

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Never ever ever EVER get anything from Qtel. They are the most feckless, retarded, incompetent bunch of twats I have ever met in the Middle East.

They Lie to you, lose information and generally make any process the most difficult it can be, even by the piss poor standards we expect out here.

Having met a lot of oxygen thieves in my time and dealt with companies as well organised as an Italian military attack these win 1st ******* prize in every useless category.

Get a vodafone mobile and a Satellite and save a mountain of grief.
"Yes! We will be connecting you this afternoon time!" Their afternoon means 23:00! And they still cannot get it connected!
Old Jun 19th 2012, 12:49 pm
Living the dream

abbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to all

They are Qatari - therefore they are incompetent and they are liars.

As a race they do not know how to tell the truth.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

On a similar note the service I get from the guys at (Saudi) Hertz at KKIA is always very professional and they greet me by my name which is all very good for customer relations
but I did have a smile to myself about the actual product I'm renting for SR140 a day

A Renault Fluenze, 20k on the clock (had Mazdas with 45k before), covered in dents, hub cap missing, fuel guage at zero, spare tyre punctured, sun visor missing, someone had left some crappy arab music in the cd player

Will I use them again? - of course...but Herr Hertz will be turning in his grave (if indeed he is dead).

Also it enhances the hire car experience when I land back at Heathrow and take my pick of spotless as good as new hire cars
Old Jun 20th 2012, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abbey08
They are Qatari - therefore they are incompetent and they are liars.

As a race they do not know how to tell the truth.

Everything you need to know about our hosts in the above two lines !
Old Jun 20th 2012, 9:49 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

My Sponsor is a director there too.......I told him last night, he laughed.