British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   To anyone in Doha or considering Doha (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/anyone-doha-considering-doha-762186/)

britexpat76 Jun 19th 2012 10:40 am

To anyone in Doha or considering Doha

Never ever ever EVER get anything from Qtel. They are the most feckless, retarded, incompetent bunch of twats I have ever met in the Middle East.

They Lie to you, lose information and generally make any process the most difficult it can be, even by the piss poor standards we expect out here.

Having met a lot of oxygen thieves in my time and dealt with companies as well organised as an Italian military attack these win 1st ******* prize in every useless category.

Get a vodafone mobile and a Satellite and save a mountain of grief.

jackthehat Jun 19th 2012 11:04 am

Re: To anyone in Doha or considering Doha

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10127056)
Never ever ever EVER get anything from Qtel. They are the most feckless, retarded, incompetent bunch of twats I have ever met in the Middle East.

They Lie to you, lose information and generally make any process the most difficult it can be, even by the piss poor standards we expect out here.

Having met a lot of oxygen thieves in my time and dealt with companies as well organised as an Italian military attack these win 1st ******* prize in every useless category.

Get a vodafone mobile and a Satellite and save a mountain of grief.

"Yes! We will be connecting you this afternoon time!" Their afternoon means 23:00! And they still cannot get it connected!

abbey08 Jun 19th 2012 12:49 pm

They are Qatari - therefore they are incompetent and they are liars.

As a race they do not know how to tell the truth.

flares Jun 19th 2012 1:42 pm

On a similar note the service I get from the guys at (Saudi) Hertz at KKIA is always very professional and they greet me by my name which is all very good for customer relations
but I did have a smile to myself about the actual product I'm renting for SR140 a day

A Renault Fluenze, 20k on the clock (had Mazdas with 45k before), covered in dents, hub cap missing, fuel guage at zero, spare tyre punctured, sun visor missing, someone had left some crappy arab music in the cd player

Will I use them again? - of course...but Herr Hertz will be turning in his grave (if indeed he is dead).

Also it enhances the hire car experience when I land back at Heathrow and take my pick of spotless as good as new hire cars

co durham boy Jun 20th 2012 5:17 am

Originally Posted by abbey08 (Post 10127256)
They are Qatari - therefore they are incompetent and they are liars.

As a race they do not know how to tell the truth.

Everything you need to know about our hosts in the above two lines !

britexpat76 Jun 20th 2012 9:49 am

My Sponsor is a director there too.......I told him last night, he laughed.