Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

65 dead in Mecca crane collapse. Death toll may rise.

65 dead in Mecca crane collapse. Death toll may rise.

Old Sep 19th 2015, 3:52 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 65 dead in Mecca crane collapse. Death toll may rise.

Originally Posted by redShark
..... there are deviant Muslims who wish to practice Shirk at the prophet’s grave (thanks to the Saudis, they are not allowed) , and that they are bad doers. .
The level of religious intolerance in this post was most shocking.
Old Sep 19th 2015, 7:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure that the use of the word "jingly" is appropriate on a public forum.
Old Sep 20th 2015, 3:30 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Frankly speaking I don’t really take you seriously when it comes to discussing religious matters. Your knowledge of Islam is very moderate which is quite normal for someone who does not take his religion seriously. I myself very different as I am very serious about what I believe in, and I expect the same thing when somebody wishes to debate ethics/ theology with me, otherwise I just skip over.

Regarding the point you raised, you seem to agree that there are deviant Muslims who wish to practice Shirk at the prophet’s grave (thanks to the Saudis, they are not allowed) , and that they are bad doers. But I disagree with you that they should be allowed to do so, because Haj has to be done in accordance with how Quran described it. Any one wishes to do something different he can do it in his own temple. Otherwise, what would make Islam different from other religions if it was not mainly for the issue of Shirk!
To show you the seriousness of the subject of Shirik in Islam and to bring the idea closer to the British audience, the act of Shirk in Islam would amount, for example, to the Royal orchestra deliberately playing the French anthem when the Queen walks into the Royal Albert Hall.

besides, you are confusing the issue. I am not against the practice of visiting graves, in fact it is a healthy Islamic practice for a muslim to visit grave yards in order to remember death and reflect on the idea that one day it will be his/her turn in there. That is entirely different from someone going to graves to ask help from the dead.
Well you didn't disappoint I'll give you that much
Old Sep 20th 2015, 4:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
I was down at choitrams at the top of safa park today and some atrocious blatant safety breaches on the flyover construction. All jingly supervisors.
You sound surprised? Never known groups of people to seemingly have so little regard for their own lives.
Old Sep 20th 2015, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
Well, I tell you what, I was halfway writing another reply to that fellow to have even more laughs but something unexpectedly happened while I was at it which I’ve interpreted as being a sign from the Almighty telling me to stop it right there and to remind me of the objectivity characteristic of a believer
Old Sep 20th 2015, 1:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I tell you what, I was halfway writing another reply to that fellow to have even more laughs but something unexpectedly happened while I was at it which I’ve interpreted as being a sign from the Almighty telling me to stop it right there and to remind me of the objectivity characteristic of a believer
you mean there was load-shedding and the lights went out?
Old Sep 20th 2015, 1:29 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
you mean there was load-shedding and the lights went out?
nah, I dont think he is from that part of the world mate, thats fo sho!
Old Sep 20th 2015, 4:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Officers monitor screens monitoring 100k security men preparing for Mecca pilgrims | Daily Mail Online

not that the saudis are worried or anything...
Old Sep 20th 2015, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to behold

simple question.

Why cant the al Saud's cut off their relationship with the clerics? what will they lose if the do?
Old Sep 20th 2015, 9:01 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfrombarking
simple question.

Why cant the al Saud's cut off their relationship with the clerics? what will they lose if the do?
Rulership
Old Sep 21st 2015, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
I was down at choitrams at the top of safa park today and some atrocious blatant safety breaches on the flyover construction. All jingly supervisors.
Here in the US of A , iIf the Republicans and their lackeys had their way, OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) and EPA regulations protecting workers and the enviroment would be downgraded.

The Western world has come a long way in regards to health and safety, but there are lots of special interst groups and blowhard radio hosts who would like nothing better than to take away these gains. What is amazing is the many working class / blue collar and middle-class folks who support these right-wingers and corporate America who attack worker safety laws.

I think to myself, these everyday Americans have no frickin clue how bad things can get when you don't have government to regulate private entities in how they treat their workers.

I have been to many manufacturing plants and small businesses engaged in producing OEM components; safety is a big frickin deal .
Old Sep 21st 2015, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

simple question.

Al Ash Sheik family (direct descendants of Abd Al Wahab) have married into the Al Sauds , so the bonds are blood bonds too. There has only been 1 grand Mufti who wasn't a descendant of Abdul Wahab.
Old Sep 21st 2015, 3:04 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

simple question.

Legitimacy
Old Sep 21st 2015, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Millhouse
The picture showing pilgrims placing their hands on the Kaaba , their heads bowed or facing the wall of the Kaaba sure looks like idolatary , no different to Christians or Hindus placing their hands on statues, the feet of Jesus or Mary and praying.
Old Sep 21st 2015, 5:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
Rulership
I think "their very existence' would be the more correct answer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.