Too scared to live in England.

Old Feb 11th 2008, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

robclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nice
Default Re: Too scared to live in England.

Originally Posted by jojosan
Now Rob, I thought there had been an element of Godzoning in your past posts!!!!

Hmmm?
Nope...just a realist.. As I have said before I love both countries. But I find the perpetual knocking of both SO ANNOYING! Especially my current 'adopted' place of abode which comes in for a awful amount of slagging off!. I wish all those returning to the UK every success and I hope they find what it is they have been seeking throughout life - indeed some have been surrounded by it all along - and never actually realised it until they moved overseas. I have absolute respect and admiration for those that have at least tried it and through circumstances or upon reflection realised it was not for them. Rather than the thousands of could of, should of bah blah, blah.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 7:08 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robclaridge
Nope...just a realist.. As I have said before I love both countries. But I find the perpetual knocking of both SO ANNOYING! Especially my current 'adopted' place of abode which comes in for a awful amount of slagging off!. I wish all those returning to the UK every success and I hope they find what it is they have been seeking throughout life - indeed some have been surrounded by it all along - and never actually realised it until they moved overseas. I have absolute respect and admiration for those that have at least tried it and through circumstances or upon reflection realised it was not for them. Rather than the thousands of could of, should of bah blah, blah.
But, but, but... i NEEEEED to vent off Rob. I'm stressed...
Old Feb 11th 2008, 8:50 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonfrank123
In fact it's something very much in the news here.

An 18 year old has been found guilty of 8 violent rapes, one woman was left for dead. They are now fighting it out because he was only 17 when the crime was commited so the defence wants him sentenced as a minor, (max 2 years inc time already served). The prosecution wants him sentenced as an adult ie 14 years. Being Canada no prizes for which one he will get.

In the UK this guy may very well have got a life sentence, that is what he very much deserves.
I suppose that's their job and they get well-paid to do it, but I can not understand how anyone could try making a case for treating a person who commits 8 violent rapes as a "child":curse: I couldn't sleep at night if I were them (the defense lawyer, I mean).
Old Feb 11th 2008, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

hudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jonfrank123
There is definitely an alarming trend in this part of Canada, towards violent home invasions, not even targetting the really wealthy, just average people. One man has already been murdered in his own home, and several severely beaten. Things like that just don't seem to happen in the UK.

There were several murders over the last year that were very alarming. One guy looked at someone the wrong way and paid with his life in broad daylight, another was an elderly lady beaten to death for a few dollars. That is just a selction among all the gang shootings.

Canada is the sort of place where fraudsters who steal money get put in jail for 10 years, brutal murderers and rapists get sometimes little more than a slap on the wrist. The all time classic being recently, when an 18 year old girl got murdered at work in a petrol station. The getaway driver got off free because the judge thought he had "suffered enough" I think the actuall guy who stabbed her got 8 years.

Canada is way to soft on violent criminals
Hi

I just came back from a visit to Canada and stayed with a former manager I worked for in Ontario. Over dinner my hosts told me about their son who is a police officer who had to leave the neighbourhood because a biker gang moved in an did not like police living there. His son college in the police force had his house set on fire and their son believed it was due to a run in he had with the bikers.

Also their son had to do with numerous stabling and violent crimes in the York area.
I expect you would hear similar stories in places such as some areas Manchester or Glasgow.

In the rural areas I lived in Canada there was little serious crime to worry about. The biggest issue for my wife and I was the generally acceptance of kids smoking "weed" and drink driving was the norm.

I would say if you can live in a decent area in the UK its no difference than living a a good area in most western countries in relationship to crime.

If those who complain about crime in the UK will find the same issues in countries such as Canada, NZ and OZ and will very disappointed that Utopia does not exist.

Hudd

Last edited by hudd; Feb 11th 2008 at 10:12 am.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

kelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Too scared to live in England.

anyone commiting a violent crime should serve life and mean life. A friend of mine (cordelia lovett) was raped murdered and he done it again after he killed her. He is currently serving A DOULBLE life sentence. I think that judges should not have any say in how long they serve, is one persons life not as valuable as anothers? Thats what I think is so wrong, a life is a life surely? It should be a standard time whever in the country or world it happens!
so much for a modern educated world, I think we pedal backwards mostly.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelbelinoz
anyone commiting a violent crime should serve life and mean life. A friend of mine (cordelia lovett) was raped murdered and he done it again after he killed her. He is currently serving A DOULBLE life sentence. I think that judges should not have any say in how long they serve, is one persons life not as valuable as anothers? Thats what I think is so wrong, a life is a life surely? It should be a standard time whever in the country or world it happens!
so much for a modern educated world, I think we pedal backwards mostly.
While my husband lived in Dubai he said ( we stayed for a while and felt so safe at all times...but then again I have never felt unsafe while and when I was back home near Manchester...honestly) that any crime was punished...now a friend of ours (very,very left wing) said there are no human righs etc in that country and that might be true...but nowadays there does not seem to be hardly any rights for the victim....most help is given to the offender.....a slap on the wrist and small sentences are jus not enough of a deterrence in this day and age...."an eye for an eye"....
And can I just add...my family live in Manchester they live in nice suburbs....have good jobs...own their lovely homes.....and I do know not one of them have had any "bad" things happen to them....it might be luck some people may say but it might just mean there are some really nice areas of Manchester as my friend who lives in Glasgow will say the same for Glasgow...
A friend of a friend has just move here with her family..her boys are in their late teens early 20's...they moved Perth from Liverpool....a nice area..now in the year they have been here...two of her sons have been beaten up..one in Fremantle in a taxi rank and the other outside a "nice" family pub..he was stabbed....luckily it was not serious..now these boys are nice lads...they come from a nice area in Liverpool and rent in a nice area of Perth....there parents are now thinking of moving back to Liverpool as they say in all there years in Liverpool they never had any trouble until they came to Perth..now s-it happens everywhere....but I keep thinking that we knock our own Cities just a little to much.....come on they are not all bad.............and for every bad story about one place there will be another good story if you know what I mean....................
Old Feb 11th 2008, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

robclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
But, but, but... i NEEEEED to vent off Rob. I'm stressed...
I'm sending you lots of karma... I hope you now feel vented!
Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:47 pm
Banned

cufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant future

I have just read through all this threas....how fantastic....someone talks about not wanting to be in the UK as it feels like a different country!!! what with the polish etc.....do english people think they are superior and when they migrate they are taking over a country still.... remember you are a migrant and have to assimilate like everyone... Australia has been built on migration... Italians...Greeks....Poles...Slovaks....Indians and everyone in between you are just one of them embrace it and dont expect a country to make you happy and roll out the red carpet.... enjoy... work hard and you will reap the rewards that is the lot of the migrant....how exciting oh and by the way to the guy happily back in the UK feeling safer that he did in perth... good on him... but lets be real shit happens everywhere.... and for all those dreaming of the lovely little rural english life it isnt their anymore i grew up in Cumbria in a small place and had a good childhood.... but now it is full of amphetamine etc.....
Its a reality the world has changed.... most families with good values will do OK for their kids wherever they are.
Stop looking inwards... get out their and live it.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 12:20 am
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cufc
I have just read through all this threas....how fantastic....someone talks about not wanting to be in the UK as it feels like a different country!!! what with the polish etc.....do english people think they are superior and when they migrate they are taking over a country still.... remember you are a migrant and have to assimilate like everyone... Australia has been built on migration... Italians...Greeks....Poles...Slovaks....Indians and everyone in between you are just one of them embrace it and dont expect a country to make you happy and roll out the red carpet.... enjoy... work hard and you will reap the rewards that is the lot of the migrant....how exciting oh and by the way to the guy happily back in the UK feeling safer that he did in perth... good on him... but lets be real shit happens everywhere.... and for all those dreaming of the lovely little rural english life it isnt their anymore i grew up in Cumbria in a small place and had a good childhood.... but now it is full of amphetamine etc.....
Its a reality the world has changed.... most families with good values will do OK for their kids wherever they are.
Good post. I live in Spain and hear on a daily basis brits banging on about all the imigrants in the uk. There must be almost just as many brits in spain as there are Pole`s in the uk. Remember, YOU are an imigrant in another country!
Old Feb 16th 2008, 12:22 am
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cufc

Of course it is, I walk thousands of miles a year all over the uk, there are sooo many beautiful small villages everywhere...just look

Last edited by Backhomeatlast; Feb 16th 2008 at 12:25 am.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 12:27 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Backhomeatlast
Of course it is, I walk thousands of miles a year all over the uk, there are sooo many beautiful small villages everywhere...just look
Walking through a village isn't like living there though is it. The village I grew up in Lancashire is stunningly beautiful but has a huge drug and anti social behaviour problem. Now before you tell me that Perth has the same, I know that but it doesn't affect me. If I lived in the village I grew up in it would be in my face every day.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 1:02 am
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Walking through a village isn't like living there though is it. The village I grew up in Lancashire is stunningly beautiful but has a huge drug and anti social behaviour problem. Now before you tell me that Perth has the same, I know that but it doesn't affect me. If I lived in the village I grew up in it would be in my face every day.
Why do you come on this forum and spout out the same garbage post after post, stick to the barbie.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 1:02 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you come on this forum and spout out the same garbage post after post, stick to the barbie.
its not garbage its fact. I will stay out of here the day you stay out of the barbie.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 1:04 am
Banned

Originally Posted by northernbird
its not garbage its fact. I will stay out of here the day you stay out of the barbie.
ok done, I will stay out of the barbie and you stay out of this one....deal.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 1:06 am
Gutter Gob!!

ok done, I will stay out of the barbie and you stay out of this one....deal.
I don't knock the UK, that post about my home village is fact and isn't a sweeping generalisation about the whole of the UK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.