moving

Old Mar 1st 2007, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

bilbong is just really nicebilbong is just really nicebilbong is just really nicebilbong is just really nicebilbong is just really nicebilbong is just really nicebilbong is just really nicebilbong is just really nice
Default moving

After reading so many Messages of people wanting to move back to Britain, i am getting quite scared of our move to France.I know most people are miles away and France is only an hours flight away.
I suppose if you dont try it when its something youve wanted to do i suppoe you could regret it. I it quite scary th move because i feel we probably are giving up alot own business, nice house but hope it will be better way of live for the children, who knows suppose like some of you we can always come back.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 2:19 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving

Originally Posted by bilbong
After reading so many Messages of people wanting to move back to Britain, i am getting quite scared of our move to France.I know most people are miles away and France is only an hours flight away.
I suppose if you dont try it when its something youve wanted to do i suppoe you could regret it. I it quite scary th move because i feel we probably are giving up alot own business, nice house but hope it will be better way of live for the children, who knows suppose like some of you we can always come back.
Don't be scared. You may love it, many,many people do.
The best thing is you will not be that far away from the UK. I am sure nearly everyone enjoys somethings about their new country it is just hard being a long way from home.
If we could all pop home frequently and have our friends and family visit easily and cheaply then it would be easier to settle.
You'll be able to drive home
When you move to another country you give some things up and gain other things, you just hope the gains out weigh the losses.

Think of all that lovely cheese and wine and the olives.
I love France...you lucky things.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

bilbong is just really nicebilbong is just really nicebilbong is just really nicebilbong is just really nicebilbong is just really nicebilbong is just really nicebilbong is just really nicebilbong is just really nice

Thanks for that, where are you?
You are right we can be home in a couple of hours so not to bad also flights are so cheap with ryanair and the airport is only an hours drive away .
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:44 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, where are you?
You are right we can be home in a couple of hours so not to bad also flights are so cheap with ryanair and the airport is only an hours drive away .
I live in the Twilight Zone ..Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:00 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose if you dont try it when its something youve wanted to do i suppoe you could regret it.
That was the final push for us to move to Australia. It is a long way away but we have had a few visitors in the first 2 years (I'm currently in the UK for my first visit back).

You have to way everything up for yourself - even if it's with a pen & pad, with positive and negative columns. But my advice (not knowing all of your circumstances of course ) is to give it a go. Life's too short for "what if's".
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Hi i agree life is to short. Do you like being back in England? Do you think you would consider coming back?
everything is so fast in britain rushing about all the time,You have to also earn plenty of money to survive with thee house prices so high, it will be a nightmare here when our children will be old enough to buy houses, the mortgage companies are apparently doing 50 year mortgages. anyway eough of me moaning cant wait to move.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:46 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

You have to give it a go to see if it'll work for you.

Lucky you moving to France. We have talked about it and even investigated house prices etc in Brittany. We could buy a beautiful old rustic place for a fraction of what our house here costs. The thing that put us off really was the employment issue. It seems it's pretty tough to get a job there. is that what you've heard too?
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 9:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TraceyW
You have to give it a go to see if it'll work for you.

Lucky you moving to France. We have talked about it and even investigated house prices etc in Brittany. We could buy a beautiful old rustic place for a fraction of what our house here costs. The thing that put us off really was the employment issue. It seems it's pretty tough to get a job there. is that what you've heard too?
Yes can be hard especially if you dont speak the language like ourselves, but im not going to bee put off by that i can get by and plus the children will hopefully pick it up quite quickly.
If you have enough money to see you through for a couple of years while you pick up some of the language you should be fine, we have set aside enough to last a good few years but my husband is in the building trade and work is always available mainly doing renovation for the british.
We have friends who moved out 1 year ago and they dont speak french but he as got work coming in now he is also in the building trade so it depends really what your husband does for a living.
I think if you are willing to work something will always come up, quite a few people say you can work in the food industry making sandwiches etc there apparently you dont need to speak french but could be quite a boring job but if it brings in a wage who cares id doit.
How long have you been out of britain? do you like living there ?
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 8:21 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Hi i agree life is to short. Do you like being back in England? Do you think you would consider coming back?
everything is so fast in britain rushing about all the time,You have to also earn plenty of money to survive with thee house prices so high, it will be a nightmare here when our children will be old enough to buy houses, the mortgage companies are apparently doing 50 year mortgages. anyway eough of me moaning cant wait to move.
while it's been fantastic to see family and friends, this trip has confirmed our reasons for leaving in the first place. I can't see us moving back here. I'll be posting a long, long story about it after the weekend. The pace of life you mentioned will certainly feature!!
Old Mar 5th 2007, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wmoore
while it's been fantastic to see family and friends, this trip has confirmed our reasons for leaving in the first place. I can't see us moving back here. I'll be posting a long, long story about it after the weekend. The pace of life you mentioned will certainly feature!!
That sounds worrying! Hurry up and post!
Old Mar 7th 2007, 5:52 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by Mummy
That sounds worrying! Hurry up and post!
Just did

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432877
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:07 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

How long have you been out of britain? do you like living there ?

We left in July 2004 and nope, we don't like it here in Perth. We shall be going home next year.