A Bit of Reassurance Today...

Old Feb 22nd 2007, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute
Default A Bit of Reassurance Today...

Hi all,

Was at Go Bananas today (every day ask Flynn what shall we do and he always says "Let's go to Go Bananas", (so much for more to do for the kids, we could go somewhere like that at home) He was playing with another little boy and I got chatting to his Dad who was Scottish. He asked if I had any more children and when I said Jude who is 5 mths he said "an Ozzie then". I said not for long as we are going home. He then told me that they are too thinking of trying Queensland or going home and friends of theirs are going home next week and have only been here since September. He and his family have been here for only 4mths too. Made me feel normal again for not loving it here! He asked why we were going and amongst other words I said "Bland" He said, what a great way to describe it. Don't want to slag the place off as with everywhere there are good things, but have to say again, it's not for everyone. I feel like it's Groundhog Day every day lately. Maybe it's the age of the children (3 1/2 and 5mths) but each day I think what shall we do and can't think of anything suitable for all of us, beach is a nightmare with the baby, parks bore me, end up at Go Bananas or staying at home. Can't even be bothered to go in the pool, every time I do I'm only out there for 5 mins getting Flynn sunscreened up and the baby wakes up. It's just NO FUN. Maybe I am clinically depressed!!!

Anyway, going back to dvd and wine now!

Jo
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A Bit of Reassurance Today...

Originally Posted by clougherty family
Hi all,

Was at Go Bananas today (every day ask Flynn what shall we do and he always says "Let's go to Go Bananas", (so much for more to do for the kids, we could go somewhere like that at home) He was playing with another little boy and I got chatting to his Dad who was Scottish. He asked if I had any more children and when I said Jude who is 5 mths he said "an Ozzie then". I said not for long as we are going home. He then told me that they are too thinking of trying Queensland or going home and friends of theirs are going home next week and have only been here since September. He and his family have been here for only 4mths too. Made me feel normal again for not loving it here! He asked why we were going and amongst other words I said "Bland" He said, what a great way to describe it. Don't want to slag the place off as with everywhere there are good things, but have to say again, it's not for everyone. I feel like it's Groundhog Day every day lately. Maybe it's the age of the children (3 1/2 and 5mths) but each day I think what shall we do and can't think of anything suitable for all of us, beach is a nightmare with the baby, parks bore me, end up at Go Bananas or staying at home. Can't even be bothered to go in the pool, every time I do I'm only out there for 5 mins getting Flynn sunscreened up and the baby wakes up. It's just NO FUN. Maybe I am clinically depressed!!!

Jo
Hey, are you coming out next week as arranged...well i think it is arranged, Thurs night at the old bailey, we can cheer you up then
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 12:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Jo
I think the age of your kids has something to do with it as family and friends around you is the support you need when they are that age....so you can do things as a couple etc.....we decided against immigration for that reason...you understnad England the things to do with small kids etc....maybe it was just the wrong time to be over there....
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute

I totally believe the age of the children is something to do with it, I left Perth last June (my children age 3.5yrs and 14months) believing that is was so tough there because of having no family support and a lack of things to do. Now i am back in the UK i realise its not having family and its not having lots of things to do (i actually find it harder to keep the kids entertained here with the constant rain and bad weather) its just part of the package of having young children Every day is groundhog day where ever you are when you have responsibilities such as kids. I do what everyone else seems to do and thats just keep drinking the wine
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 9:55 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jo, I seriously doubt you're anything but normal love!! I HATED being at home when my kids were little. I dreaded finding things to do every day. I totally understand when women go back to work and put the kids into childcare! I was just being a wuss and was too guilt ridden to do that

I think the difference here to the UK though, if I'd got little ones now, would be that I could go to Mums or my mates. Or I could drive to different towns and mooch around the shops for an hour. My mate and I used to meet up at a great big garden centre where there were animals for the kids to see and a lovely play area for them to play on whilst we had a cuppa. The grand total of a couple of quid was spent! Unlike here where it costs a lot more to get into Go Bananas (and the coffee's crap IMO!).

Has the house sold yet? Any nice offers? It'll all be over soon and you'll be back home. You're just in limbo land and wanting to get this over and done with I'll bet.

Come out for a bevvy on Thursday. It'll cheer you up.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

I agree it is very boring living with young children, but if you have friends and family it can be a lot better. I came to Perth (from Brisbane) to be closer to my husbands family before we had children, but it turned into a disaster as they are very intolerant people and we just didn't get along.

My kids are now aged 10 and 8 and other than school and friend play overs we do NOTHING, too hot for me to go out, Hubby takes them to parks on the weekend's, we have a pool as well, so they do that too.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 11:30 pm
Banned

denver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to behold

Hi all,

Jo
It is probrably being home with two small children. Away from your support and extended family so you don't get much of a break. As for not having anything to do, it is true suburbia in Perth is not for everyone. What would you be doing in Ireland instead? Don't ask your kid what he wants to do, just take him places, like the zoo or Kings Park or AQWA. Book him into swimming lessons. I had a ball as a kid in Perth. Adventure Word is also a lot of fun when you are little.

You might have a form of depression, I strongly suspect I am suffering from a mild form myself. I have gone from a thin, active girl who loved going out and shopping to someone who sloths around in trackies, does no exercise, eating crappy food all day and sleeping till 11am!! So, I am moving from London to Perth on Monday (even though I swore black and blue that I was going for the full two years!!) I have no desire to go out, and the thought of getting on another bus in London so I can sit next to a smelly homeless person or listen to a loud group of teenage girls rapping makes me shudder.

Anyway, your story struck a chord with me. I hope that your house sells soon so you can get home, I also hope that you enjoy whatever time you left in Perth.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 11:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by denver
It is probrably being home with two small children. Away from your support and extended family so you don't get much of a break. As for not having anything to do, it is true suburbia in Perth is not for everyone. What would you be doing in Ireland instead? Don't ask your kid what he wants to do, just take him places, like the zoo or Kings Park or AQWA. Book him into swimming lessons. I had a ball as a kid in Perth. Adventure Word is also a lot of fun when you are little.

You might have a form of depression, I strongly suspect I am suffering from a mild form myself. I have gone from a thin, active girl who loved going out and shopping to someone who sloths around in trackies, does no exercise, eating crappy food all day and sleeping till 11am!! So, I am moving from London to Perth on Monday (even though I swore black and blue that I was going for the full two years!!) I have no desire to go out, and the thought of getting on another bus in London so I can sit next to a smelly homeless person or listen to a loud group of teenage girls rapping makes me shudder.

Anyway, your story struck a chord with me. I hope that your house sells soon so you can get home, I also hope that you enjoy whatever time you left in Perth.
You do have a heart
But what you on about Ireland??? Jo doesn't come from Ireland.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Originally Posted by denver

You might have a form of depression, I strongly suspect I am suffering from a mild form myself. I have gone from a thin, active girl who loved going out and shopping to someone who sloths around in trackies, does no exercise, eating crappy food all day and sleeping till 11am!! .

You've just described my life in Perth!
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 11:56 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Teabag
You've just described my life in Perth!

Teabag where are you in Perth?
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by paulrachel

Teabag where are you in Perth?
Rockingham! skankville
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 12:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Teabag
Rockingham! skankville
I've heard nice things about Rockingham. Are you moving home soon?
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by paulrachel
I've heard nice things about Rockingham. Are you moving home soon?
This is home, I wan't to live in UK and be closer to Europe, feel some History, see some of the world, and not be sweaty
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

Tina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant future

Don't forget Jo, that if you want to stare at 4 walls that are different to your own....... you are always welcome to come and look at mine!
Are you coming on Thursday? you better have a good reason if your not missy!!
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tina,

Thanks for that! Yes I think I will be coming on Thursday. See you then.

Jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.