Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

"The Bull" - the UK forum's very own, very British, pub

"The Bull" - the UK forum's very own, very British, pub

Old Apr 4th 2013, 10:45 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "The Bull" - the UK forum's very own, very British, pub

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
Fabulous! I don't usually drink at lunch time but this is cause for celebration
Bottoms up
Old Apr 30th 2013, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone watch the "Midwives" episode were the girls were drinking snowballs.....They added something to it was it Vodka...I could have climb in the tele and joined them it looked so good.

Its funny but in the Uk going to the Pub is not only for drinking but a social place to meet. My family all get together at the local pub for lunch and not so much for drinks, they bring children with them and have a really good get together. Pub food seems to have improved alot over the years and much more variety. I get hungry just reading what they had.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

We pvr'd the episode and yes I liked the look of those snowballs. On another note my OH's daughter and baby (in the yellow dress with dark hair) was in the baby competition so we re-played and held the frame when they came on!
Old May 1st 2013, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

I have that episode recorded so I shall have to take a look and then I can tell people I know that I have a friend related to that baby. Wait minute I dont have any friends.
Old May 1st 2013, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
I have that episode recorded so I shall have to take a look and then I can tell people I know that I have a friend related to that baby. Wait minute I dont have any friends.
Yes you do! Us on BE
Old May 1st 2013, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Awwww Thank you... I"ll have a double snowball
Old May 2nd 2013, 10:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone watch the "Midwives" episode were the girls were drinking snowballs.....They added something to it was it Vodka...I could have climb in the tele and joined them it looked so good.

Its funny but in the Uk going to the Pub is not only for drinking but a social place to meet. My family all get together at the local pub for lunch and not so much for drinks, they bring children with them and have a really good get together. Pub food seems to have improved alot over the years and much more variety. I get hungry just reading what they had.
That's what makes the big difference between Aussie pubs and UK ones I think. UK ones really are social meeting places. And pub food has improved greatly over the years, even pubs which only provide a basic menu come up with really good meals and a reasonable cost

Been to some fab pubs during my last couple of weeks back home, so is on me tonight
Old May 2nd 2013, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Pollyana....How long are you stopping....I think I go to sleep thinking of snowballs another one I like is brandy and lemonade. I was told years ago that it was a sin to add anything to brandy......

I think your are right thats why they can never get it right here in the US a pub in England is more than just having a drink its a social place for the whole family even the dog......

My sister who lives outside London was really mad yesterday when I spoke to her she goes to the local pensioners weekly get together and they can no longer give them tea with their meal its now not allowed due to health and safety they think they might spill it on themselves.
Old May 2nd 2013, 10:35 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Pollyana....How long are you stopping....I think I go to sleep thinking of snowballs another one I like is brandy and lemonade. I was told years ago that it was a sin to add anything to brandy......

I think your are right thats why they can never get it right here in the US a pub in England is more than just having a drink its a social place for the whole family even the dog......

My sister who lives outside London was really mad yesterday when I spoke to her she goes to the local pensioners weekly get together and they can no longer give them tea with their meal its now not allowed due to health and safety they think they might spill it on themselves.
Here for another couple of weeks Its amazing

I've noticed in Aus they tend to have more get-togethers at home, which is great if you have a family home and lots of space. But if you only have a small space and prefer to keep your home private....that's why UK pubs work so well, they are a kind of neutral territory, you aren't invading that home space.
And of course if you don't meet up in pubs you don't meet those random characters sat at that bar, who really seem to epitomise UK pub culture....
Old May 2nd 2013, 2:42 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I saw that episode wasn't it Advocaat they were making snowballs with.
Old May 2nd 2013, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes it was I think they added Vodka to it. I think thats what we did when I was young along time ago.
Old May 2nd 2013, 3:42 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I saw that episode wasn't it Advocaat they were making snowballs with.
Advocaat, vodka, lime cordial, lemonade and a maraschino cherry on a umbrella, me and my sister used to get them at christmas when we were little.
Old May 2nd 2013, 7:04 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG! Please stop the H & S madness.
Old May 3rd 2013, 10:07 am

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Please tell me you're joking!
Old May 3rd 2013, 6:41 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
Please tell me you're joking!
That's like the UK supermarket that was forced to remove a batch of 'monkeyy nuts' from the shelves because it didn't say 'contains peanuts' on the bag.. WTF do they think monkey nuts are?? monkey testicles? I really wish that was a joke, but it wasn't, I saw some yesterday in ASDA, and the transparent packaging had, printed on it, 'contains peanuts'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.