Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

"The Bull" - the UK forum's very own, very British, pub

"The Bull" - the UK forum's very own, very British, pub

Old Mar 30th 2013, 3:09 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "The Bull" - the UK forum's very own, very British, pub

Bit early for me, but I could do with a nice big Coffee.
Feeling like I should get off my bum and scrub this house clean, I was going to do windows but Mother nature has decided if I do she will splash some rain on them, (thank you mother nature I hate doing windows )
Old Mar 30th 2013, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Bit early for me, but I could do with a nice big Coffee.
Feeling like I should get off my bum and scrub this house clean, I was going to do windows but Mother nature has decided if I do she will splash some rain on them, (thank you mother nature I hate doing windows )
I shampooed the living room carpet today Now, it's playtime!!!!! I have the carpets professionally cleaned once a year, sometimes twice, and I shampoo myself in between when I think it needs a bit of a facelift.

Lemonade and roast beef and cheese sandwich, please

Last edited by windsong; Mar 30th 2013 at 5:53 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2013, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: "The Bull" - the UK forum's very own, very British, pub

For me it will be a Guinness please
Old Mar 31st 2013, 9:36 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

I'll have a Shandy... Need to stay somewhat sober until the guests arrive for dinner. roflmao
Old Mar 31st 2013, 9:37 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by windsong
I shampooed the living room carpet today Now, it's playtime!!!!! I have the carpets professionally cleaned once a year, sometimes twice, and I shampoo myself in between when I think it needs a bit of a facelift.

Lemonade and roast beef and cheese sandwich, please
Ummmm !!!! Shouldn't you shampoo once a day?
Old Mar 31st 2013, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Ummmm !!!! Shouldn't you shampoo once a day?
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

J.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond repute

Today I was in The Dabbling Duck for lunch.

Have you noticed that people seem to have got louder in their conversations? Three posh ladies at the other end of the pub were particularly strident, I learned all about their shopping trips and fluffy dogs ... yackity yack.

Another odd thing is the presentation of food. It arrives on a plank of wood !! Other places it has been served on a roof slate. I told the waitress the meal was nice (and it truly was) but that they should increase the price so that they can afford real plates.

Oh, the beer was good.

As was the sunny 3 mile walk there and back along route of roman road.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 6:14 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

It's after four so I'll have a scotch, a baileys, a franjelico, a cider, coupla apple schnapps, a black russian, some port, half a bottle of shamrock cream, a bit of bollys and another baileys and some cab merlot in a long glass, with a straw, please. And plain chips.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 6:55 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
It's after four so I'll have a scotch, a baileys, a franjelico, a cider, coupla apple schnapps, a black russian, some port, half a bottle of shamrock cream, a bit of bollys and another baileys and some cab merlot in a long glass, with a straw, please. And plain chips.
Not sure we have a glass big enough for all that at once, you just miht have to have separate drinks..
Old Apr 4th 2013, 10:34 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Not sure we have a glass big enough for all that at once, you just miht have to have separate drinks..
Ok... two glasses will do.

One as a shot, the other in the tall glass with the straw.

(In truth I haven't had any of that lot for a while. Last drink was at Christmas. )
Old Apr 4th 2013, 3:53 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: "The Bull" - the UK forum's very own, very British, pub

I've just got back to Switzerland (a very long and tiring drive) after helping my daughter with her move to another flat in the Isle of Wight.

On Easter Sunday we went for a drive and ended up in a very nice pub ("The Bugle" a 17th Century coaching inn) next to the car ferry port in Yarmouth, in the west of the island.

The staff were very friendly and I had an enormous bowl of mussels in a lovely garlicky sauce and then stole a bit of my daughter's creme brulee. Excellent food I didn't drink any alcohol as I was driving.

The best bit was a nice surprise; a young woman and man with a guitar entertained everyone with contemporary songs. I'd forgotten about pub singers....great stuff!

http://www.buglecoachinginn.co.uk/
Old Apr 4th 2013, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

OOh! I want to go to that pub now in Yarmouth! Not wait 2 years
Old Apr 4th 2013, 6:50 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
I haven't been in for a while but today I am celebrating leaving here in 3 months today so I'll have a please.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
And for your hangover madam?
Old Apr 4th 2013, 7:25 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1
Hi all,
I haven't been in for a while but today I am celebrating leaving here in 3 months today so I'll have a please.
Fabulous! I don't usually drink at lunch time but this is cause for celebration

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.