Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Old Mar 11th 2015, 7:15 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Originally Posted by Derrygal
Yes I remember it well! I loved it!! I believe Robin Ellis played the part of Ross Poldark, but I cannot remember the names of the other actors. It was a really good television series (based on the Poldark books by Winston Graham - at least I think that is the author's name) Of course, I absolutely love Cornwall. In fact, I would say it is my favorite part of England. When I lived in Cheshire we used to go to Cornwall on vacation - many happy memories!!! Now I love to watch Doc Martin (love the show and the Cornish scenery).
They're just starting filming the next 'Doc Martin' series, according to Martin Clunes on 'The One Show' last night.

Poldark looks to be going to be a great series.
Old Mar 11th 2015, 1:33 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
They're just starting filming the next 'Doc Martin' series, according to Martin Clunes on 'The One Show' last night.

Poldark looks to be going to be a great series.
Brilliant!!!
Old Mar 11th 2015, 1:34 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derrygal
Yes I remember it well! I loved it!! I believe Robin Ellis played the part of Ross Poldark, but I cannot remember the names of the other actors. It was a really good television series (based on the Poldark books by Winston Graham - at least I think that is the author's name) Of course, I absolutely love Cornwall. In fact, I would say it is my favorite part of England. When I lived in Cheshire we used to go to Cornwall on vacation - many happy memories!!! Now I love to watch Doc Martin (love the show and the Cornish scenery).
He has a small role in the new series. I think he plays a judge???
Old Mar 11th 2015, 1:51 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fulwood
Anyone old enough to remember the original Poldark? I for am and remember watching it.
Yes, I loved it. I watched the first one of the new Poldark and I think I'm going to love that too.
Old Mar 14th 2015, 9:22 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
Yes, I loved it. I watched the first one of the new Poldark and I think I'm going to love that too.
+ 1
Old Mar 14th 2015, 9:33 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Coming up next week:

"Great Canal Journeys" with Timothy West & Prunella Scales, 4 episodes starting in the Oxford Canal Sunday @ 7.00 pm on Ch 4

"Kew On A Plate". Re-establishing fruit & veg plots. Monday @ 8 pm on BBC2

"Ordinary Lies". Drama set in a car showroom. I think it must be located in Weatherfield based on the familiar Corrie faces. Tuesday @ 8.00 pm on BBC 1

"Stargazing Live" 3 episodes looking ahead to Friday's total eclipse. With Brian Cox and Dara O'Brien. Wednesday @ 8.00 pm on BBC 2
Old Mar 15th 2015, 2:15 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I'll be busy with series 3 of House of Cards for a while.
Some domestic difficulties slowed me down. Only just done part 7, but two simply jaw dropping scenes so far. The scene in church and then the row on the plane.
Old Mar 18th 2015, 2:05 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointed with the new Poldark - seems to really drag and the guy they have playing Poldark is totally without sex appeal or charisma. Pretty but dull!

I am behind on this show but just started series one of The Fall. It's very good, but I'm finding it quite bleak. It's such a horrible subject combined with unlikeable characters and a grim setting. Story's good though and it's nice to see such a strong female character.
Old Mar 21st 2015, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Really enjoying Barging Around Britain - whoever brought it to our attention
Old Mar 21st 2015, 10:43 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Disappointed with the new Poldark - seems to really drag and the guy they have playing Poldark is totally without sex appeal or charisma. Pretty but dull!

I am behind on this show but just started series one of The Fall. It's very good, but I'm finding it quite bleak. It's such a horrible subject combined with unlikeable characters and a grim setting. Story's good though and it's nice to see such a strong female character.
We're quite enjoying Poldark...but really don't like the beautiful but deathly dull character...

Loved The Fall!
Old Mar 24th 2015, 8:09 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Ooooh, do check out "Back in Time for Dinner" on BBC 2

It is about a family who are taking part in an experiment of British kitchens and cooking over the last 50 years.

It's the second part this evening and it's fascinating.

Who remembers Vesta curries and chop suey.....it was our treat on a Saturday night whilst watching The Generation Game lol...
Old Mar 26th 2015, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Ooooh, do check out "Back in Time for Dinner" on BBC 2

It is about a family who are taking part in an experiment of British kitchens and cooking over the last 50 years.

It's the second part this evening and it's fascinating.

Who remembers Vesta curries and chop suey.....it was our treat on a Saturday night whilst watching The Generation Game lol...
This is great, thanks for the head's up
Old Mar 29th 2015, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone seen Channel 4's Coalition yet? Thinking of watching tonight on the iplayer.
Old Mar 29th 2015, 9:04 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

'Vera' returns next Sunday. 8pm
Old Mar 29th 2015, 9:25 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikelincs
'Vera' returns next Sunday. 8pm

Great!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.