Beautiful scenes of the UK

Old Jan 24th 2007, 2:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beautiful scenes of the UK

Originally Posted by bananahammock
Ooh, lucky bugger........off to Brizzle soon any room for one more in your case?

The church is St Mary Redcliffe
I know which church it is! seeing it just freaked me momentarily! The weird thing is - my family are heavily involved there - sister, bro-in-law and kids, I go there whenever I'm home - be there in 3 weeks time god willing.
Anyway, tonight I'm sitting here, answering the thread, laughing when I see the church as I can imagine a horde of choirboys hurtling across the grass, late for choir practice (and me teasing my nephew about it later). Then I get a text from sister, while I still have the pic on the screen, to say we have sold my dad's old flat, and I can now book my next flying visit home to Bristol. Spooky.......
Old Jan 24th 2007, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Let's hope this doesn't get moved to the barbi, because it will end up with people posting pictures of chavs and slums!
I just want to post some scenery of England for those who miss it, just as I do.
Great photo, where about were they taken? Im going here went I visit UK in may cant wait!

pot holes are part of Canadian life in afraid lol
Old Jan 24th 2007, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Heres the scenary i will miss when i do leave

the first one is Brodick Beach Isle of Arran Scotland where my in laws live
The second is a view of Durham Catherdral and Castle
the Thrid is the river Wear and the 'cruise ' boat
Mandy
Attached Thumbnails Beautiful scenes of the UK-30-07-05_1925.jpg   Beautiful scenes of the UK-28-07-05_1553.jpg   Beautiful scenes of the UK-24-07-05_1611.jpg  

Last edited by geordie mandy; Jan 24th 2007 at 3:34 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

here's some more

the first two taken at the moors near where i grew up in Durham
the second in Rothbury Northumberland
Mandy
Attached Thumbnails Beautiful scenes of the UK-family-067.jpg   Beautiful scenes of the UK-family-062.jpg   Beautiful scenes of the UK-family-075.jpg  
Old Jan 24th 2007, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
here's some more

the first two taken at the moors near where i grew up in Durham
the second in Rothbury Northumberland
Mandy

Hehe k I was just I durham last year, I'll be up north all my next trip to newcastle
Old Jan 24th 2007, 5:46 pm
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bananahammock
A couple from me
Now you've made me very homesick showing those photos. I used to live just off the Wells Road and worked at Temple Meads. How I miss Bristol
Old Jan 24th 2007, 7:58 pm
Living the nightmare

Dizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to all

Lovely photo's everyone. I have tons of Tintern Abbey on a different computer, we used to go once a month and every season was magical.

oh and some of the Quantocks which are breathtaking.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 11:04 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
You keep posting that dont you?
Old Jan 24th 2007, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gardnma
Box Hill......Box Hill where exactly?????
There is a Box Hill near where I am from also.....

Boxhill in Surrey, Nr Dorking

Such a pretty place.

Used to go there all the time, how I miss it.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracey thanks for the pics.
How lovely England is in Summer I miss it so much.
I will be going home thg year just as soon as we sell that dam business.
I just long to get my life back and be home again.
From a very humid Queensland at the moment .
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:00 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sandrainaus

Such a pretty place.

when we lived in west london we used to go there a lot. husband is a biker and we used to go down to the pub there (can't remember name).
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sandrainaus

Such a pretty place.

I spent my late teenage years abseiling in a disused quarry there. It was where they filmed Blake's 7 occasionally (lol).

Have to admit, though, there's far more beautiful places in the UK than Box Hill. We went because it was close and the quarry - apart from that, Box Hill is quite ordinary - seriously(!)
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Snowed here last night as well....we live at a fair altitude.

First snow of the winter though....I am going off for a walk in it soon

From what I have read on this site....everywhere is likely to be deserted because everyone stays in all winter and huddle by the fire to keep warm

G
Bet it's not even a real fire either!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I spent my late teenage years abseiling in a disused quarry there. It was where they filmed Blake's 7 occasionally (lol).

Have to admit, though, there's far more beautiful places in the UK than Box Hill. We went because it was close and the quarry - apart from that, Box Hill is quite ordinary - seriously(!)

I know there are more beautiful places than Boxhill, I have ventured outside of Surrey you know.

But when it is on your doorstep, and you don't need to drive for miles for great views, and a great place to go for picnics. That is what is so great about it. so for me it is not ordinary.

Last edited by sandrainaus; Jan 25th 2007 at 12:29 am.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:39 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Eck
Now you've made me very homesick showing those photos. I used to live just off the Wells Road and worked at Temple Meads. How I miss Bristol
One 'specially for thee then me babber...........gert lush!!
Attached Thumbnails Beautiful scenes of the UK-temple-meads-bristol.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.