1 Week Today & Prawn Sandwiches

Old Apr 12th 2008, 10:50 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 Week Today & Prawn Sandwiches

G'day my little Aussie dwellers - can report to all those homeward bound that all is still well in the UK - sun and a few April showers this week - about 13/14degrees here on the south coast. All the trees are weighed down by blossom
and although food prices seem to have gone up considerably, clothes are cheaper than ever.

House prices have come down slightly and it is such a buyers market at that the moment and with the price of the £ against the AUD you should be rolling in it

To those of you still stuck out in Oz do not despair we will be waiting for you with open arms in the motherland whenever you are ready to return
Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:05 pm

Jumbo_Celcius is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by pommybird
G'day my little Aussie dwellers - can report to all those homeward bound that all is still well in the UK - sun and a few April showers this week - about 13/14degrees here on the south coast. All the trees are weighed down by blossom
and although food prices seem to have gone up considerably, clothes are cheaper than ever.

House prices have come down slightly and it is such a buyers market at that the moment and with the price of the £ against the AUD you should be rolling in it

To those of you still stuck out in Oz do not despair we will be waiting for you with open arms in the motherland whenever you are ready to return
How much is a prawn sannie now from M&S then?
Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

talbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jumbo_Celcius
1 week today and I depart Perth forever...
Also, does anyone know where I can get a prawn sandwich in Perth CBD, I just cannot find one, honestly, I haven't seen one in all the time I've been working here.
Two slices of bread, butter, thousand island dressing and defrosted prawns -
Simple really!

Surely you're not leaving hemispheres for that?
I'd understand if you want to leave Perth for any excuse though!!
Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Geez you make me laugh. Are you related to Arkon?

As for prawn sarnies. Marks and Sparks do the best ones, and what a dream come true it was when i went back to UK last year and discovered M&S food halls have ventured out into petrol stations!!!! OMG! posh grub on the go. heaven
Who the hell's Arkon?
Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:08 pm

I know!! Shall we gang up on them? I'll go get my baseball bat
Baseball bat? Very American of you....is that a hint to where ur moving next?
Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:12 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

How much is a prawn sannie now from M&S then?
About £3
Who the hell's Arkon?
He's this alapaca farmer who lives in Oz and used to post in the Barbie - haven't seen any posts from him recently but he is not fond of Oz and was hilarious and spot on with some of the things he used to say about the place.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 6:59 pm
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by horrigans
Being a veggie (yes, I know... how un-Australian of me!), I have no idea about prawn sandwiches... but... wooooooo hoooooooo!!! Choice of shops is coming my way too! 24-hour Tesco, online shopping so I don't have to haul a 4 and 2 year old round with me, Waitrose, Sainsburys, ASDA, M&S, Morrisons... choice, choice, choice!!!! Bye-bye boring old Woollies with your over-priced, inflato-veggies!

I never thought I'd be so excited about grocery shopping!

Sarah
Nah nah nah nah nah - I'm home Had my M&S fix, Asda Fix, Tesco Fix so far, wonderful friends fix blah blah blah:

Back in 10 days though
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird

I leave three weeks today, can't wait, your post has made me more impatient! I feel like I'm being released from prison and am going to get my life back - wey hey!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by talbot
Two slices of bread, butter, thousand island dressing and defrosted prawns -
Simple really!

Surely you're not leaving hemispheres for that?
I'd understand if you want to leave Perth for any excuse though!!
Dude, read one the first posts in this thread and you'll notice I said NO BUTTER...jeez, you didn't work in my local sandwich shop did you? They always put butter on the bread when I specifically asked them not to!!!

...and yes, I am leaving the Southern Hemisphere just for a prawn sandwich, I've heard rumours that in a cave, high up on Aconcagua mountain int he Andes, there live's a 150 year old Peruvian women called Asdajandra Tescjo who, allegedly makes wholemeal loaf and sells it for less than $3, I've also heard her cave is open on a Sunday and after 5pm at night, not just on a Thursday.
Once I secured the fabled bread I have then chartered a trawler to take me to the North Atlantic where we shall catch the prawns.
I have hired the services of a top French chef and together we shall create the worlds finest prawn sandwich.....with no butter
Old Apr 13th 2008, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

I know!! Shall we gang up on them? I'll go get my baseball bat
Count me in. I want to go back too, right now

Seriously you guys that are going back, good luck to you, and I am SO jealous
Old Apr 14th 2008, 12:21 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Dude, read one the first posts in this thread and you'll notice I said NO BUTTER...jeez, you didn't work in my local sandwich shop did you? They always put butter on the bread when I specifically asked them not to!!!

...and yes, I am leaving the Southern Hemisphere just for a prawn sandwich, I've heard rumours that in a cave, high up on Aconcagua mountain int he Andes, there live's a 150 year old Peruvian women called Asdajandra Tescjo who, allegedly makes wholemeal loaf and sells it for less than $3, I've also heard her cave is open on a Sunday and after 5pm at night, not just on a Thursday.
Once I secured the fabled bread I have then chartered a trawler to take me to the North Atlantic where we shall catch the prawns.
I have hired the services of a top French chef and together we shall create the worlds finest prawn sandwich.....with no butter
I think her neighbour is Marcos Spenceros who keeps sheep, spins the wool and makes fine clothes from it. Oh, and he whips up some fab furnishings too. Very talented those folk in the Andes eh?

Only a few more days left for you..........you lucky, lucky , lucky.......
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by TraceyW
I think her neighbour is Marcos Spenceros who keeps sheep, spins the wool and makes fine clothes from it. Oh, and he whips up some fab furnishings too. Very talented those folk in the Andes eh?

Only a few more days left for you..........you lucky, lucky , lucky.......
No, I'll think you'll find Marcos Spenceros moved to New York and his brother Aldi Sainsborous took over his business!!
Your last senence got me all excited and I think I've just peed in my pants!!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Twigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud of

I am on countdown as well but as I look around me this morning I do not know where to start with the decluttering before the serious stuff gets packed. So I thought buggar it I will spend quality time on the pc. 10 days to go........ Just spoke to housing agent, they took £250 deposit from me to hold a property I have seen on internet. My friend is popping round now to check it out although I know the street very well and there are photos on agent website they insist on a personal visit. I think I have a home to go to as well as securing a job start May 6th as May 5th is a Bank Holiday....Just thinking, your days go faster than mine as we are 5hrs behind UK
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Baltibabe is a jewel in the roughBaltibabe is a jewel in the roughBaltibabe is a jewel in the roughBaltibabe is a jewel in the roughBaltibabe is a jewel in the rough

No, I'll think you'll find Marcos Spenceros moved to New York and his brother Aldi Sainsborous took over his business!!
Your last senence got me all excited and I think I've just peed in my pants!!
Love this thread, are you home yet??
Old Apr 14th 2008, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Baltibabe is a jewel in the roughBaltibabe is a jewel in the roughBaltibabe is a jewel in the roughBaltibabe is a jewel in the roughBaltibabe is a jewel in the rough

Getting the bleeding munchies now............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.