Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Tavira Municipal Swimming Pool

Tavira Municipal Swimming Pool

Old Feb 4th 2017, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Jet57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tavira Municipal Swimming Pool

Has anyone used the Municipal Swimming Pool in Tavira recently?

Fancy giving it a try on next trip over and just wondered what protocol was, ie: are there lockers for your clothing or do you leave in a cubicle? I also understand that swimming caps must be worn along with full swimsuit (for ladies!)

Thanks for any answers.

J
Old Feb 4th 2017, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Campanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really nice
Default Re: Tavira Municipal Swimming Pool

Yes ladies and gents need to wear Lycra swimwear bathing caps and flip flops. If you don't shower as you leave changing room they will make you go back. There are lockers cubicles and showers.
It's a proper big pool with a smaller shallow one and jacuzzi. Closed 1-3pm. If you google it you can get the hours
Old Feb 5th 2017, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply. Will give it a go next visit.

J
Old Feb 27th 2017, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

debsi6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jet57
Thanks for the reply. Will give it a go next visit.

J
Hi,
In order to use pool you will need to register first, take passport , fiscal number or residency with you, you can't just turn up pay and swim, unless they have changed rules recently, pool is good though.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that, saved me 2 trips! Presume you then get a membership card to show each visit?
J

Originally Posted by debsi6
Hi,
In order to use pool you will need to register first, take passport , fiscal number or residency with you, you can't just turn up pay and swim, unless they have changed rules recently, pool is good though.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jet57
Thanks for that, saved me 2 trips! Presume you then get a membership card to show each visit?
J
Yes you get a membership card, if you are a resident it's cheaper, pool is closed during August.
Old Feb 28th 2017, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Campanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really nice

Would you be better to go first and get membership card. I don't fancy leaving my passport etc in the changing rooms.
Do you have to be resident or is frequent visitor enough?
I have passport fiscal number but not residency
Old Feb 28th 2017, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Campanula
Would you be better to go first and get membership card. I don't fancy leaving my passport etc in the changing rooms.
Do you have to be resident or is frequent visitor enough?
I have passport fiscal number but not residency
Yes I went first and joined you have a form to fill out, then a photo taken for card it's not a quick process! You don't need to be resident it's just cheaper if you are! Think I pay about 20 euros for 10 swims.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

I tried to register , the lady was helpful but she wants to see a declaration of my property form . I showed her my form but she says it's just an application and I have to take it to the Freguesia and get a proper one.
Can anyone explain this a little more for me and what will I ask for. Is the Freguesia one of these places where you take the ticket and try to work out where to go next.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

When I went to register in March I took my passport and fiscal card. Then filled in the registration form that the lady on reception desk gave me and was good to go. Next time I visited just showed my fiscal card which she checked on her computer screen and paid entry fee.

J

Originally Posted by Campanula
I tried to register , the lady was helpful but she wants to see a declaration of my property form . I showed her my form but she says it's just an application and I have to take it to the Freguesia and get a proper one.
Can anyone explain this a little more for me and what will I ask for. Is the Freguesia one of these places where you take the ticket and try to work out where to go next.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think she wants me to get this form so I can get a discount
Old Sep 20th 2017, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

alex2412 is an unknown quantity at this point

I registered last week. Very helpful lady behind the desk. Provided my passport, which she photocopied and completed all other details (incl Pt address, fiscal no, etc).

€2.50 per swim in my age category (under 65) or you can pre-pay for 10/20 sessions. I believe over 65s are €2.40. A full price list is available at reception.

Really nice facility. Generally very quiet. Water quality is excellent, which is helped by the stringent rules in place (hat, flip-flops and pre-swim shower are all mandatory).

Also good to see a very proactive set of children's sessions going on from 6.00pm.

Enjoy!