Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Now pay for Filmon

Now pay for Filmon

Old May 4th 2017, 3:42 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now pay for Filmon

Originally Posted by peterfc
Hi

Oh dear me people are up in arms because you now have to pay for Filmon.

As i don't watch to much TV it's not of interest to me as i download more than i watch. For some it will cause problems, no going for a drink while the wife watches her Soaps.

Peter
Do you pay for the films you download?
Old May 4th 2017, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=if its of no interest - then how do you know - and why post
what an unpleasant thing to do[/QUOTE]

Unpleasant!!!!! and i posted how to now get UK TV????????? all those who now have TV again may have another opinion than you do.

Then again there is always someone who just wants to moan, if the cap fits/

Peter

Last edited by peterfc; May 4th 2017 at 5:18 pm.
Old May 4th 2017, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Do you pay for the films you download?
Would love to answer that but best do a Google search. I will say i never download at home.

Peter
Old May 4th 2017, 5:53 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Would love to answer that but best do a Google search. I will say i never download at home.

Peter
Ebay now Co operating with the authorities who are investigating the supply of IPTV boxes that could fall foul of the new law.
Where will our friendly suppliers to UK expats now get their boxes.
Old May 4th 2017, 6:22 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Ebay now Co operating with the authorities who are investigating the supply of IPTV boxes that could fall foul of the new law.
Too much propaganda, I fear. The "authorities" have about as much chance of stopping this as they do in forcing the poor pirated companies to pay the taxes they owe - my heart bleeds for Amazon and Google.....

If laws could actually stop things happening, there would be no pit bulls on council estates.
Old May 4th 2017, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam
Too much propaganda, I fear. The "authorities" have about as much chance of stopping this as they do in forcing the poor pirated companies to pay the taxes they owe - my heart bleeds for Amazon and Google.....

If laws could actually stop things happening, there would be no pit bulls on council estates.
Old May 4th 2017, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 12244849
You probably know but the boxes are not the problem and it's the content so the boxes can and i am sure still be sold. But what has this to do with getting TV from somewhere instead of Filmon.

Why not try and contribute something of great interest for a change.

Peter
Old May 4th 2017, 8:20 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

You probably know but the boxes are not the problem and it's the content so the boxes can and i am sure still be sold. But what has this to do with getting TV from somewhere instead of Filmon.

Why not try and contribute something of great interest for a change.

Peter
Given the miles of posts regarding anything to do with UK tv the future of IPTV and streaming is far more important than whether filmon is free or not.
There are a number of business operating selling these boxes to expats.
The first suspended prison sentences have been issued to suppliers of these boxes.
Old May 4th 2017, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Given the miles of posts regarding anything to do with UK tv the future of IPTV and streaming is far more important than whether filmon is free or not.
There are a number of business operating selling these boxes to expats.
The first suspended prison sentences have been issued to suppliers of these boxes.
I disagree. Many Expats enjoy British television and do not have "spare money" to spend on expensive subscription channels. This option was cut by repositioning of the satellite and so the switch to an App such as FilmOn on a "box" connected to the internet was a logical step. Now FilmOn is subscription it is necessary to find alternatives, so far several have been recommended and that is great.
I do believe in today's environment the possibility or the point of chasing down some pensioner in Portugal or Spain and elsewhere is a distant possibility and therefore have been following in hope of being recommended a good solution.
Old May 4th 2017, 9:11 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Ummm - this was for selling boxes to pubs so that they could show sports without paying commercial subscription fees. Not quite the same thing and definitely nothing to do with this thread.

From your selective information on this subject, one might almost suspect you have a vested interest here......
Old May 4th 2017, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ummm - this was for selling boxes to pubs so that they could show sports without paying commercial subscription fees. Not quite the same thing and definitely nothing to do with this thread.

From your selective information on this subject, one might almost suspect you have a vested interest here......
Or could it be after posting for almost 16,000 times it's about posting anything good, bad or plain rubbish.

Sadly all this has nothing to do with where to get UK TV for those who need to find it.

Peter
Old May 4th 2017, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute

Unpleasant!!!!! and i posted how to now get UK TV????????? all those who now have TV again may have another opinion than you do.

Then again there is always someone who just wants to moan, if the cap fits/

Peter
Peter - thank you for your later posting offering a solution
my comment refered to your first posting obviously looking down your superior nose at anyone wanting to watch tv
personally my preference is live music closely followed by well recorded music
but i also enjoy tv - unlike yourself who only seems to enjoy making derogatory postings about those who also do

btw as almost all of the alternative offerings seem to offer better quality than filmon personally i don't think i will miss it at all

Last edited by carvoeiro; May 4th 2017 at 9:30 pm.
Old May 4th 2017, 10:40 pm
EMR
Banned

My interest is knowing people who have been ripped off by these suppliers of IPTV boxes.
Telling them that you need an upgrade, pay a monthly subscription and we can get you all the Sky and BT sports channels ( illegaly).
Not pubs , not restaurants but ordinary people.
If the kodI s of this world sign up with SKY, BBC etc to allow access only by subscription so be it.
If it means that expats have to pay to get UK tv then so be it.
The numerous articles in the UK press on MSN are hardly selective, they report the steps being taken to protect the copywrite of the broadcasters.
The suppliers, creators of the very progs that expats seem unable to live without .
Old May 4th 2017, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute

xbmc - now kodi was originally written as a shell to hold third party software and to act as a player for most file common file types - open software
it now offers a core of its own programs - but still remains open and states it is committed to remain so
without ths approach kodi wouldn't exist as we know it today - much of the package was written and improved by third party and hobbiest developers
of course there is often a fine line between open and illegal
but the very nature of it will always allow you or other third parties to write addons to achieve a variety of end results
Copyright is hugely complicated so will always be open to interpretation - length of private - public ownership - rights of heirs etc is a very contentious subject
Very difficult to enforce - in the 10 years or so i've been using it many third party addons have come and gone - enough to suggest there will always be more
Kodi is a world wide product - An example of difficulty to enforce any rules could easily be SKY - some freeview rights - some restricted - different licensing for the UK different parts of Europe and restrictions on the rest of the world - not Kodi;s core business to enforce any of these rules or to create a UK version of itself

Last edited by carvoeiro; May 4th 2017 at 11:04 pm.
Old May 5th 2017, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Knoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: Now pay for Filmon

Imo KODI is the tarmac road. � In itself it doesn't encourage or help someone speed.

i find it amazing how much time is spent on creating new rules to protect commercial organisations, however the dark net hasn't been banned yet is widely regarded as a place where individuals are needing protection.

I've yet to read a blog on how a Hollywood actor wories about the cost of heating their home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.