Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Monthly Living Costs in Portugal

Monthly Living Costs in Portugal

Old Mar 25th 2018, 8:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monthly Living Costs in Portugal

The well known capital cities are obviously on a different level but im talking about Bangkok, Manila, Madrid, Warsaw, Prague, Malta etc etc which often seem to come in about the E2k figure for a good but definitely not spectacular standard of living.
FWIW, excluding rent (we own our apartment), we live very comfortably on €1800 / month in Budapest.
Old Apr 29th 2018, 8:49 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Loafing Along;12403970]Great post but spotted this so go to NoS - we have Internet ( Fibre Optic so great speed) , Fixed line, TV ( some excellent movies and series on open channnels ) and two mobiles with data packages for €58,70 a month

MMM
I have not seen a cheaper quote than that.
Are you saying this ( approx 60 euros per month ) includes ABSolutely e verything? Line rental for fixed line 'phone / fibre internet / all Portuguese TV channels plus some others ?

Do you, or does anyone, know if there is in Portugal any equivalent of the French 'phone system whereby you can have a 're'sidence secondaire' line to be used for X months of the year and disconnected the rest ( and you pay nothing during the disconnected months ).

I plan on being in Portugal a bit ( maybe a lot ) under six months of the year and am trying to work out whether I would really need a fixed internet connection. There exist mobile solutions which might do me ok for internet as such, but of course they would not cover TV.
But then ppl say you can still get UK tv with a military satelllite ( or something ) . And presumably Portuguese standard tv comes via an aerial .
Old May 2nd 2018, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=riv;12491201]
Originally Posted by Loafing Along
Great post but spotted this so go to NoS - we have Internet ( Fibre Optic so great speed) , Fixed line, TV ( some excellent movies and series on open channnels ) and two mobiles with data packages for €58,70 a month

MMM
I have not seen a cheaper quote than that.
Are you saying this ( approx 60 euros per month ) includes ABSolutely e verything? Line rental for fixed line 'phone / fibre internet / all Portuguese TV channels plus some others ?

Do you, or does anyone, know if there is in Portugal any equivalent of the French 'phone system whereby you can have a 're'sidence secondaire' line to be used for X months of the year and disconnected the rest ( and you pay nothing during the disconnected months ).

I plan on being in Portugal a bit ( maybe a lot ) under six months of the year and am trying to work out whether I would really need a fixed internet connection. There exist mobile solutions which might do me ok for internet as such, but of course they would not cover TV.
But then ppl say you can still get UK tv with a military satelllite ( or something ) . And presumably Portuguese standard tv comes via an aerial .
Yes the package is exactly that , internet fibre optic, fixed line, 2 mobiles with data, TV with 140 channels ( standard Portugal channel and strip out the junk ones and there are some great movie channels, international news etc).
Old May 2nd 2018, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

I can kick myself now for signing up for the NOS fibre TV and internet contract. We pay around €38 pm for 140 channels and unlimited internet. No phone.

Problem is that we do not even watch the TV at all as we different tastes in programmes so we watch TY videos on our laptops.

Our previous contract was a wifi router with unlimited internet and it was portable so I carried it in my pocket and could make and receive skype calls and emails throughout PT. That was €10 cheaper. Now I have no contact outside the home.
Plus the wifi was so much faster than the fibre somehow.